Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Drung on July 18, 2009, 02:23:04 PM
Were Cootehill definitely in Division Three at Under 16?
I know they were in Division Four for the minors and were hammered in every game, one of which was abandoned due to a row. Time Cootehill got their act together at underage level in fairness.
Only having 12 Under 16 players is rubbish in a town of Cootehill's size and reflects badly on the older fellas in the club.
We need all our towns competing well - Ramor, Bailieboro, Kingscourt in fairness are putting in the work.

Yep they definitely were.... Look it Cootehill hasn't got a big catchment area... Anyone who is familiar with the town look for a minute... about 500m out the Monaghan and Cavan roads you have one fella playing for Kill and another playing for Drumgoon, Fannin lives in the biggest estate in the Cootehill and Hannon maybe lives 600m away from our pitch out the Bailieiboro road. Then about a mile out another few roads you have boys playing for Latton and Rockcorry although in fairness they are in county Monaghan.
So we haven't got a big catchment area to begin with and the numbers have dropped in the National School considerably in the last few years. There was 35 in my sixth class around 9-10 years ago now there is about 16-18 in the same class.  The town's population actually dropped in the last census as well

Quote from: RednBlack on July 18, 2009, 02:32:47 PM
Quote from: Drung on July 18, 2009, 02:23:04 PM
Were Cootehill definitely in Division Three at Under 16?
I know they were in Division Four for the minors and were hammered in every game, one of which was abandoned due to a row. Time Cootehill got their act together at underage level in fairness.
Only having 12 Under 16 players is rubbish in a town of Cootehill's size and reflects badly on the older fellas in the club.
We need all our towns competing well - Ramor, Bailieboro, Kingscourt in fairness are putting in the work.
I think in fairness Cootheill have realised this and there is some good work going in now. Their Under 14s put up a good show in the Sevens this week and have a couple of very useful looking young lads there.

Yea in fairness we are trying to make strides in the right direction... the Under 14 Sevens was a great success - we play in Roinn D in the League so to make it to a County Final where there is no grades beating several Division One teams along the way - getting to the last 2 out of 38 teams - is a great achievement
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

put-it-up

Carr say anything intersting last night on the radio?

the salmon of knowledge

just heard from the lads at training carr resigned/sacked...
dunno which but he is gone

put-it-up

SOK, big words!

How confident are you they are true!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up on July 18, 2009, 10:39:14 PM
SOK, big words!

How confident are you they are true!

Someone has it on Hoganstand too.

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on July 18, 2009, 11:20:23 PM
Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 18, 2009, 10:32:30 PM
just heard from the lads at training carr resigned/sacked...
dunno which but he is gone
NOT TRUE.

I personally dont think it is true but as someone said, the Hoganstand never lies ;D
Why do you thinks its not true RnB

put-it-up

Did you not know, u have to have an A1 in bullshit to get a job in the County Board!

Did it cross your mind that he is just out of the loop?

spoggles

hope he stays.. he needs build a new team  around a few players lik flannagan gunner johnson mackey givney and bring in a young fit team with a desire to work hard and graft for 1 another.. d days of jayo and reret to say dis even larry are gone.. even if next year doesn go well we need build for the future and see where that gets us.

put-it-up

Quote from: spoggles on July 19, 2009, 12:17:37 AM
hope he stays.. he needs build a new team  around a few players lik flannagan gunner johnson mackey givney and bring in a young fit team with a desire to work hard and graft for 1 another.. d days of jayo and reret to say dis even larry are gone.. even if next year doesn go well we need build for the future and see where that gets us.

From how you write, I presume you came from the Hoganstand but welcome aboard spoggles.

Another addition to our wolf-pack!

cavan4ever

Well he didnt do much for disipline this year, not a pile has changed other than the lock-ins in the Imperial seem to have stopped.  Whoever is in charge next year has to do something about drinking.

the salmon of knowledge

our sectrary landed at the end of training with word that carr was gone that he heard it on northern sound, apologies if it is not so, thought he would have it right

put-it-up

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on July 19, 2009, 03:14:34 PM
our sectrary landed at the end of training with word that carr was gone that he heard it on northern sound, apologies if it is not so, thought he would have it right

It probably was on Norther Sound ;D Someone sent them in a fake telegram saying Carr was gone so they ran with it ;)

Anyway I presume TC is still in the house. My suggestion would be to get someone like Bernard Morris or Ciaran Brady Jnr in as selectors with him.

boojangles

Drumbride beat West Cavan Gaels fairly handy last nite in the Park.4-11 to 1-6 or something like that.Very poor game.Drumbride got 3 handy goals in the first half and the game was finished as a contest after that. Don't mean to be negative but its hard to be hopeful for football in the West of the County if thats the best FOUR clubs could do. Seemed to be a few lads missing tho that should b playing.Aaron Duignan,Ollie Nolan,Enda Mc Hugh,Fergal Maguire.Probably a few more??
Michael McDonald at Midfield looked good at times,caught some great ball,still doubtful if he is mobile enough for IC level.

put-it-up

Quote from: boojangles on July 20, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Drumbride beat West Cavan Gaels fairly handy last nite in the Park.4-11 to 1-6 or something like that.Very poor game.Drumbride got 3 handy goals in the first half and the game was finished as a contest after that. Don't mean to be negative but its hard to be hopeful for football in the West of the County if thats the best FOUR clubs could do. Seemed to be a few lads missing tho that should b playing.Aaron Duignan,Ollie Nolan,Enda Mc Hugh,Fergal Maguire.Probably a few more??
Michael McDonald at Midfield looked good at times,caught some great ball,still doubtful if he is mobile enough for IC level.

Heard Larry got 2-3, put-it-up please ;D

Yeah personally I think it is stupid havin four clubs together and why would swanlinbar not do it. Robbie Prior, the three Cunningham's and McKiernan and Tomas Prior would add a serious amount to that team. Mixing four teams together is too much - it cant work.

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on July 20, 2009, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 20, 2009, 11:59:09 AM

Heard Larry got 2-3, put-it-up please ;D

Yeah personally I think it is stupid havin four clubs together and why would swanlinbar not do it. Robbie Prior, the three Cunningham's and McKiernan and Tomas Prior would add a serious amount to that team. Mixing four teams together is too much - it cant work.
I think you probably answered your own question there.