Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Am I right in thinkin that Tommy Carr is gonna be Northern Sound in the next few minutes?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Quote from: Babe Ruth 47 on July 17, 2009, 04:33:08 PM
Another ridiculous thread over on the HS about bringing John Mullane up to mentor the football team. Stupid I know, but what would Cavan give to have a player with such fierce determination. Some difference watching an inspirational figure like him giving everything for the county and Walsh mopping about hiding from kickouts. Wouldnt it be great to see a Cavan team line out with a few characters in Mullane's mould.

We have Mad Eddie but a mere grafter would not be worth his place with our abundance of quality>>>>>>>> ???
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

BallyhaiseMan

Did Tommy Carr say anything on Shannonside about the situation?
anyone that was listening?

Denn Forever

Just back from the U16 finals.

Gowna ran out easy winners against Denn.  They had much better forwards, got goals and we were fighting a rear guard action all the match.

The Div. 1 final was between Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt. CG ran the first half and the tackling and dispossession was a joy to watch.

Kingscourt came out and made a game of it.  The midfielder for rose magestically for a high ball and when I heard the name Joe Dillon, it all made sense.  If he is Joe Dillon's son, he leaps up the same way.  He also scored some lovely long range frees which was unlike Joe Diillon of old.  The other player to catch the eye on the Kingscout team was tthe number 6.  He was lighting fast and could travel at speed with the ball under control.

Cavan Gaels were ruthlessly effecient and all players were very good on the ball and as I said could dispossess the opposition brilliantly. 

Congratulations to all the parents and selectors, managers and kit men.  Take a bow.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Quote from: RednBlack on July 17, 2009, 11:02:48 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 17, 2009, 10:45:35 PM

Gowna ran out easy winners against Denn.  They had much better forwards, got goals and we were fighting a rear guard action all the match. Was expecting this Gowna team to be up in Div 1 following their stroll to Div 2 with this age group at Under 14.  That was a pretty handy Denn outfit with some good young footballers on it. Similar to Crosserlough being dropped into Div 2 for Under 12 this year something needs to be done with regard to grading of teams. Too many clubs chasing cups and whinging to the Boards to get down divisions rather than compete at a higher level. Would be better for the county as whole in the long run.

The Div. 1 final was between Cavan Gaels and Kingscourt. CG ran the first half and the tackling and dispossession was a joy to watch.

Kingscourt came out and made a game of it.  The midfielder for rose magestically for a high ball and when I heard the name Joe Dillon, it all made sense.  If he is Joe Dillon's son, he leaps up the same way.  He also scored some lovely long range frees which was unlike Joe Diillon of old.  The other player to catch the eye on the Kingscout team was tthe number 6.  He was lighting fast and could travel at speed with the ball under control.

Cavan Gaels were ruthlessly effecient and all players were very good on the ball and as I said could dispossess the opposition brilliantly. 

Congratulations to all the parents and selectors, managers and kit men.  Take a bow.

Ha I have a better one... our Under 16 team were put in Division 3 - 15 a side even though we could only manage to register 12 Under 16 players... The vast majority of the County Board (all but one) were happy to put us in the 13 a side Division 4 but one decided no - and I was told that he would put Cootehill in Division One if he thought he could get away with it.  Low and behold we were in Division 3 and proceeded to get the very loving shite kicked out of us in the games we could manage to field a team in...  I honestly thought no one could be that petty and take it out on a bunch of youngsters...
Things are never gonna improve with people like that involved in any way with any County board regardless of what level it is...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 17, 2009, 11:57:28 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 17, 2009, 11:02:48 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on July 17, 2009, 10:45:35 PM

Gowna ran out easy winners against Denn.  They had much better forwards, got goals and we were fighting a rear guard action all the match. Was expecting this Gowna team to be up in Div 1 following their stroll to Div 2 with this age group at Under 14.  That was a pretty handy Denn outfit with some good young footballers on it. Similar to Crosserlough being dropped into Div 2 for Under 12 this year something needs to be done with regard to grading of teams. Too many clubs chasing cups and whinging to the Boards to get down divisions rather than compete at a higher level. Would be better for the county as whole in the long run.

Ha I have a better one... our Under 16 team were put in Division 3 - 15 a side even though we could only manage to register 12 Under 16 players... The vast majority of the County Board (all but one) were happy to put us in the 13 a side Division 4 but one decided no - and I was told that he would put Cootehill in Division One if he thought he could get away with it.  Low and behold we were in Division 3 and proceeded to get the very loving shite kicked out of us in the games we could manage to field a team in...  I honestly thought no one could be that petty and take it out on a bunch of youngsters...
Things are never gonna improve with people like that involved in any way with any County board regardless of what level it is...

Name and shame celt man. The time for tippy toeing around these boys is over.

Mr Miyagi

Mr Miyagi has loved Cavan football for a long time but right now Mr Miyagi is hurting.

His beloved county, in the last 6 in the country, it is.

It needs overhaul. It needs bravery. It needs officials to think outside the box.

Mr Miyagi could talk about the state of Cavan football for hours and who he thinks should be playing but Tommy Carr would not listen to Mr Miyagi. He seems to only listen to Niall Lynch who shows blatant preferece to players from clubs near him. Niall Lynch needs to cop on and Tommy Carr needs to start looking at different players. Ones that tried before they have not.

Mr Miyagi would also like to see Tommy Carr stay in the job, and show what he is made of. After a year in Cavan, Carr must know the players and if he has a half a brain he should know the ones with the bad attitude in the squad. On Mr Miyagi's orders bad influences must go and if that means James Reilly so be it. Miyagi does be told that James likes sitting on bum bum and not working hard. Carr must find a replacement and move on - although Mr Miyagi loves when James blocks ball from goal.

However Mr Miyagi had a long chat with Danielson and we have one condition for Tommy to keep his job. He must take a 50% pay cut. Lie to ourselves we must not, Tommy gets paid a lot of money and in recessionary times and based on his performance he must offer cut.

Mr Miyagi would also appreciate seeing Carr attending club games, even if it is only a Junior match. Carr needs new players and he must find them himself. Next year the team that plays must be his team and not the one that played the last few years.

Carr must find players and not feed them - so they are hungry. The must come together as a unit, recognise where we are, and aim to change it.

Miyagi also feel that the Cavan team has no leader. A ship without a rudder it could be described as. This has to change.

If Miyagi come back from Dublin to watch Cavan play  in McKenna Cup, he wants them to take it seriously and starting building a winning mentality.

Losers for too long we have been.....

anglocelt39

Mr. Miyagi, welcome on board. You're not related to a lad by the name of Mr. Pain by any chance?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Mr Miyagi

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 18, 2009, 12:18:34 PM
Mr. Miyagi, welcome on board. You're not related to a lad by the name of Mr. Pain by any chance?

anglocelt 39, much appreciated your warm welcoming is . Miyagi thought he would not be welcomed on this board but Danielson urged him to join to voice his opinion.

Miyagi has never heard of Mr Pain.

I suppose I need to back through past posts to learn more about him. i wonder if he likes noodles as much as me?

I like his name though, perhaps  a brother from another mother he could be

boojangles

Mr Pains Internet baby! :D

Welcome Mr Miyagi.

Celt Man- Is your club man not still the Minor Board Chairman?? That is a ridiculous situation although Im not suprised by it,the same thing happened our Minors a few years back,being thrown into Division 1 with only 17 players.We pleaded to be put in Div.3 or 4 but to no avail.We played 2 games,got hockeyed and the lads decided they didnt want to play anymore.

I seen that Gowna team a few times,they have some fine footballers and are well managed by Gerry Cadden,who is over Cornafean this year.They will take stopping in Division 1.

Mr Miyagi

Quote from: boojangles on July 18, 2009, 12:39:09 PM

Mr Pains Internet baby! :D

Welcome Mr Miyagi.

Celt Man- Is your club man not still the Minor Board Chairman?? That is a ridiculous situation although Im not suprised by it,the same thing happened our Minors a few years back,being thrown into Division 1 with only 17 players.We pleaded to be put in Div.3 or 4 but to no avail.We played 2 games,got hockeyed and the lads decided they didnt want to play anymore.

I seen that Gowna team a few times,they have some fine footballers and are well managed by Gerry Cadden,who is over Cornafean this year.They will take stopping in Division 1.

Miyagi can assure you he is no baby. Miyagi is five foot seven. I must be big baby

Drung

Were Cootehill definitely in Division Three at Under 16?
I know they were in Division Four for the minors and were hammered in every game, one of which was abandoned due to a row. Time Cootehill got their act together at underage level in fairness.
Only having 12 Under 16 players is rubbish in a town of Cootehill's size and reflects badly on the older fellas in the club.
We need all our towns competing well - Ramor, Bailieboro, Kingscourt in fairness are putting in the work.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 18, 2009, 09:19:46 AM

Name and shame celt man. The time for tippy toeing around these boys is over.
Quote from: RednBlack on July 18, 2009, 02:01:07 PM

Would not surprise if the same said Mr Argue was the man who wanted his own club in Div 1!!! Similar story with Bord na nOg. Not a clue when it comes to grading. We asked a simple question regarding teams and can they not keep results and tables from previous years only to be told that they don't keep them. Hard to credit what is allowed run our county at times. A massive hoover is needed to clear them out. Majority in it for the two free tickets and just move around posts every few years.
[/quote]
Jaysus Miles I wouldn't like to give the ball away but a man wanted to read behind the lines he would figure it out

mylestheslasher

Its a sad state of affairs that Celt man. Sounds like Mr Argue needs to be opposed at the next agm and given the boot. Are there any young modern thinking people waiting in the wings to replace these lads or are a little cabal in there looking after themselves?

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 18, 2009, 02:59:22 PM
Its a sad state of affairs that Celt man. Sounds like Mr Argue needs to be opposed at the next agm and given the boot. Are there any young modern thinking people waiting in the wings to replace these lads or are a little cabal in there looking after themselves?
He'll go for the top job after this... and if he gets it - forget about it