Quote from: cavan4ever on July 14, 2009, 09:36:14 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 14, 2009, 09:23:04 PM
Quote from: boojangles on July 14, 2009, 07:48:56 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 14, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
*Players going to a championship game from Oxygen

Shotstopper,what was the story here?
Only know of one for sure who definitely went on Friday - Rory Dunne

As if he isnt slow enough.

Rory Dunne has put in some great service to Cavan and doesn't deserve to be sneered at?

You know full well James Reilly has played for Cavan for over 10 years. Rory Dunne hasnt been around pissing time.   I know your in bad form Myles but with your f**k everything attitude id say you could get a job beside Davey Fitz down in Waterford.

Lawrence of Knockbride

I agree with put-it-up. Dunne probably wanted to see Lady Ga-Ga and so got a day pass and came home. Again, we don't know. I also agree with Tierworker Blue on the psychology thing. Upstairs is where the difference is made in GAA among the majority of teams who are of similar ability.
Now I'm done with this shite of damning everyone in the county panel with no evidence. I'll leave that to Myles and the rags.
Club football anyone?

Babe Ruth 47

Jaysus lads this has really got heated in here. Think about it, if we had managed to get our heads out of our arses we should be preparing for an Ulster final. Imagine the excitement. Arguably we would be papering over the cracks, but no doubt we would have some people confident we could beat Tyrone if they had a bad day. Oh how things change in a fortnight. For my tupence worth after finally having calmed down after saturday. I definately think T.C. should stay. He really need to strenghten the backroom team, there seems to be a lot of favourites, Keating, Brady etc. Diassapointed to hear Jason's comments I really though T.C. would be able to lay a stable foundation, with an emphasis on discipline but this obviously isn't the case.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 15, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
I agree with put-it-up. Dunne probably wanted to see Lady Ga-Ga and so got a day pass and came home. Again, we don't know. I also agree with Tierworker Blue on the psychology thing. Upstairs is where the difference is made in GAA among the majority of teams who are of similar ability.
Now I'm done with this shite of damning everyone in the county panel with no evidence. I'll leave that to Myles and the rags.
Club football anyone?

I didn't damn everyone on the panel. If your going to damn me get your facts right.

You wrote this after Antrim game so don't be comparing me to red top rags...

"Well done to Antrim. They played well and totally deserved their win. Now that we're all back to reality, as a Cavan follower for many a year that is the worst championship performance I've witnessed in the blue jersey, and I've thought about it for a few hours. To analyse what was wrong would take me several hours and this maybe should have been posted on our local thread.
Disgraceful attitude, baffling tactics and just plain bad performances by players we probably thought were better than they are. Embaressing. Them boys would want to keep out of sight til the qualifiers in shame. I'd nearly expect to see an apology for us fools that followed them around the country this year. If I was good enough to be a in a position to train for 6 months with these games being the ultimate focus and I turned out a performance like that you'd wonder was there any point.
Good night."

Cavan4ever - Is there a sliding scale of how much a waster you can be versus time on the panel?

Some of the county players need to get a message from the fans that this is not good enough. No more slaps on the back for making the panel, giving  them big heads and feeding the superstar attitudes. We can at least do that much. I'm done with the understanding of the sacrifice and the tolerance etc etc. I'm not the only one either, I'd say no more than 100 travelled to Wicklow.

cavanmaniac

I'm with Myles to a certain extent here. By all means lets wait until we can be sure that some players have actually done wrong before calling for stern actions, but IF it has been shown that the culture of swinging the lead and acting the bollix is still rife in the panel, then I reiterate what I've been saying for years: chuck everyone of them out on their ear and start again with a panel of raw 20 year-olds who will stay there and work for the long haul to get longer term results. Because you're just running about with one foot nailed to the floor otherwise.

There's a black cancer eating away at Cavan football from the inside and it even looks terminal. I've honestly never felt as low as a Cavan supporter since I saw my first game in 1986.

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on July 15, 2009, 09:15:52 AM
Dunne went to Oxegen stayed in Dublin and got on the bus there. Jayo was told to warm up with Eddie Reilly, both went off to the corner, Eddie got called back a minute later. Jayo stood in corner 40 yards away from dugouts never came back down. Co Sec called him twice to come back and either didn't hear or didn't bother as he stayed in corner with rain gear on. With time nearly up Co Sec walked over to TC and asked about Jayo who looked at his watch and said its too late. Co Sec called Jayo back again and he came down. Co Sec shook his head at Jayo who walked into dugout with other players muttering something (nowhere within earshot of TC) and sat down. This is from a very accurate source who was within 20 feet of the whole thing was closer to Jayo than TC and heard him say nothing. There is always two sides to every story.

Now whoever was slating Dunne may apologise. There is nothing wrong with going to a concert the day before a game is there?and it made more sense to stay in Dublin rather than commute back, to come the whole way back up again. I knew there was no way, he would be sleepin in fields before a game.

Revgardless of what Jayo did or did not say, I think we can presume his IC career is over!I think we all need to stop to nasty gossip and let the dust settle down. All will be revealed in time. I'm hoping the Celt have a good interview with TC explaining where he wants to go and what he thinks needs to change this week. Jayo has humiliated him and he deserves a chance to defend himself. I do think there  should be changes to the backroom team. Some one said about using each others strenghts. Clearly tactics are not TC's so get the right man in to help him.

Any I think, as Lawrence suggests we need to move on for a while and as I said let the dust settle.

Wish there was championship games this weekend. Our club has been something like 5 weeks without a game which is jsut ridiculous.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2009, 10:54:46 AM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on July 15, 2009, 08:39:30 AM
Club football anyone?

I didn't damn everyone on the panel. If your going to damn me get your facts right.

I never said you did anything so no facts required if you're going to get all Hollow Man on it.

You wrote this after Antrim game so don't be comparing me to red top rags...

"Well done to Antrim. They played well and totally deserved their win. Now that we're all back to reality, as a Cavan follower for many a year that is the worst championship performance I've witnessed in the blue jersey, and I've thought about it for a few hours. To analyse what was wrong would take me several hours and this maybe should have been posted on our local thread.
Disgraceful attitude, baffling tactics and just plain bad performances by players we probably thought were better than they are. Embaressing. Them boys would want to keep out of sight til the qualifiers in shame. I'd nearly expect to see an apology for us fools that followed them around the country this year. If I was good enough to be a in a position to train for 6 months with these games being the ultimate focus and I turned out a performance like that you'd wonder was there any point.
Good night."

I said all this after watching the game and it was based on the players performance on the pitch as I WITNESSED it. Not what I heard from other posters or rumours which may or may not have happened. It was an analysis of the performance and my opinion on what they should do in light of that performance. So I think you'll agree there's a fair difference. And I didn't compare you to a rag-I said I'd leave the damning of players without any evidence to you and the rags. So I won't respond aggressively and needlessly like you but reiterate my original point which is to not jump to conclusions until we hear some facts. I'm agreeing with your general view on things but only IF they're true.
Cavan4ever - Is there a sliding scale of how much a waster you can be versus time on the panel?

Some of the county players need to get a message from the fans that this is not good enough. No more slaps on the back for making the panel, giving  them big heads and feeding the superstar attitudes. We can at least do that much. I'm done with the understanding of the sacrifice and the tolerance etc etc. I'm not the only one either, I'd say no more than 100 travelled to Wicklow.

put-it-up

From the Celt's website

Cavan manager Tom Carr stated that Breffni supporters are going to have to be "awfully patient" in their demands for success following Cavan's defeat to Wicklow last Saturday evening.

Asked what message he would give to disappointed fans after his side's championship exit, Carr stated that there is a future in this Cavan side and that the road to success would be "a long process".

"Well, I mean, I'm not sure if my head is being called for just yet after six months," he said.

"I haven't heard that... But that's fine, I don't have a problem with that.

"People have their views and opinions. But I think from where Cavan is coming from, they are going to have to be awfully patient. I don't have the magic touch, nor does any of my management team, it's purely and utterly a work ethic that's required."

The manager was adamant that his side had enough possession to win the match.

"No defeat is easy to swallow. We came here with how high hopes, we'd like to have addressed the last game we played against Antrim, we didn't do so. We had plenty of possession to do it [but] we couldn't convert it in the second half. It's very disappointing for all concerned," he said.

Carr admitted that he was aware prior to the game of the magnitude of the challenge an in-form Wicklow would present.

"I think you're coming to a team who are coming off the back of a win and were at home so it was always going to be difficult. Why didn't we turn it on? I don't know is the simple answer.

"We did everything in our power to do it but other than that, I don't know.

"We didn't play it fast enough, we allowed them to get back and make the tackles and they did work awfully hard as they did against Fermanagh, and credit to them for that."

Cavan's lack of physicality was exposed against a stronger Garden outfit whose strength, said Carr, afforded them an advantage in the conditions.

"The evening was horrific," he said.

"We're not the most physically-domineering team in the world and you'll pay for that on a day like today. We did get caught in the tackle and we did let balls go but ultimately we had enough possession, we just didn't convert it."

Asked what the solution to Cavan's poor run could be, Tipperary native Carr claimed that hard work and commitment will be key.

"It's a case of having to work, there is nothing wrong with Cavan football, the players are going to have to come together and be committed. They are going to have to make a choice to be in a physical condition to compete at the very highest level and that takes a massive, massive mental and physical commitment."

Veteran Wicklow manager Mick O'Dwyer admitted that he was "amazed" that his side had it so easy against an out of sorts Cavan.

"I think when we got the goal it settled our team and that was most important. I was amazed because that is a good Cavan team, they are a young team with a lot of good footballers but they'll come again. We held up the ball well and we worked for one another," he said.

"Our six backs played exceptionally well today, I think that was the secret of our win."

Cavan defender Paul Brady, meanwhile, claimed that the bigger picture needs to be looked at.

"It's very disappointing, but we have to go back to the drawing board and really I think everybody at all levels will have to look at everything and see where is it all going wrong," said the Mullahoran defender.

"The players, myself included, need to put their hands up and I think Cavan people really need to look at where we're going as a county.

Wicklow's goal, claimed Sean Johnston, was the crucial score.

"It was a disappointing result, maybe after the Antrim game we could have said we could have worked harder but I think all the boys did put their shoulder to the wheel and work hard, I think it was just a failure to get some crucial scores at crucial times," said the corner-forward.

"In fairness, you have to give credit to Wicklow, they played very well. It was poor conditions but it was the same for both teams, they got a slippy enough goal and a goal in a game like that was always going to make a huge difference.

"I think that might have put them four or five points up and even when we got it back to three, it was always difficult to get that back, that goal was still keeping them ahead.

Johnston, who scored 0-12 (0-5 from play) in Cavan's three championship matches praised what he called the "true fans" who made the long trek to Aughrim to support the team.

"The fans who came down this evening, I suppose you could call them true fans and it's very disappointing for them.

You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he stated.
Cavan manager Tom Carr stated that Breffni supporters are going to have to be "awfully patient" in their demands for success following Cavan's defeat to Wicklow last Saturday evening.

Asked what message he would give to disappointed fans after his side's championship exit, Carr stated that there is a future in this Cavan side and that the road to success would be "a long process".

"Well, I mean, I'm not sure if my head is being called for just yet after six months," he said.

"I haven't heard that... But that's fine, I don't have a problem with that.

"People have their views and opinions. But I think from where Cavan is coming from, they are going to have to be awfully patient. I don't have the magic touch, nor does any of my management team, it's purely and utterly a work ethic that's required."

The manager was adamant that his side had enough possession to win the match.

"No defeat is easy to swallow. We came here with how high hopes, we'd like to have addressed the last game we played against Antrim, we didn't do so. We had plenty of possession to do it [but] we couldn't convert it in the second half. It's very disappointing for all concerned," he said.

Carr admitted that he was aware prior to the game of the magnitude of the challenge an in-form Wicklow would present.

"I think you're coming to a team who are coming off the back of a win and were at home so it was always going to be difficult. Why didn't we turn it on? I don't know is the simple answer.

"We did everything in our power to do it but other than that, I don't know.

"We didn't play it fast enough, we allowed them to get back and make the tackles and they did work awfully hard as they did against Fermanagh, and credit to them for that."

Cavan's lack of physicality was exposed against a stronger Garden outfit whose strength, said Carr, afforded them an advantage in the conditions.

"The evening was horrific," he said.

"We're not the most physically-domineering team in the world and you'll pay for that on a day like today. We did get caught in the tackle and we did let balls go but ultimately we had enough possession, we just didn't convert it."

Asked what the solution to Cavan's poor run could be, Tipperary native Carr claimed that hard work and commitment will be key.

"It's a case of having to work, there is nothing wrong with Cavan football, the players are going to have to come together and be committed. They are going to have to make a choice to be in a physical condition to compete at the very highest level and that takes a massive, massive mental and physical commitment."

Veteran Wicklow manager Mick O'Dwyer admitted that he was "amazed" that his side had it so easy against an out of sorts Cavan.

"I think when we got the goal it settled our team and that was most important. I was amazed because that is a good Cavan team, they are a young team with a lot of good footballers but they'll come again. We held up the ball well and we worked for one another," he said.

"Our six backs played exceptionally well today, I think that was the secret of our win."

Cavan defender Paul Brady, meanwhile, claimed that the bigger picture needs to be looked at.

"It's very disappointing, but we have to go back to the drawing board and really I think everybody at all levels will have to look at everything and see where is it all going wrong," said the Mullahoran defender.

"The players, myself included, need to put their hands up and I think Cavan people really need to look at where we're going as a county.

Wicklow's goal, claimed Sean Johnston, was the crucial score.

"It was a disappointing result, maybe after the Antrim game we could have said we could have worked harder but I think all the boys did put their shoulder to the wheel and work hard, I think it was just a failure to get some crucial scores at crucial times," said the corner-forward.

"In fairness, you have to give credit to Wicklow, they played very well. It was poor conditions but it was the same for both teams, they got a slippy enough goal and a goal in a game like that was always going to make a huge difference.

"I think that might have put them four or five points up and even when we got it back to three, it was always difficult to get that back, that goal was still keeping them ahead.

Johnston, who scored 0-12 (0-5 from play) in Cavan's three championship matches praised what he called the "true fans" who made the long trek to Aughrim to support the team.

"The fans who came down this evening, I suppose you could call them true fans and it's very disappointing for them.

You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he stated.

put-it-up

Thought this piece from the Indo would interest you boys as well. Isn't great how I dont even have to go into shops to read this stuff anymore thanks to the world wide web ;D ;D

Why do newspapers put their stuff up for natin anyway!!!

Cavan manager Tommy Carr has no intention of quitting, despite criticism from one of the county's most experienced players.

Jason O'Reilly, scorer of the goal that sealed Cavan's last Ulster title in 1997 when they beat Derry in the final, said he doesn't expect Carr to remain in place next season.

O'Reilly claims that his views are shared by "a good few" members of the squad following defeats to Antrim in an Ulster semi-final and to Wicklow in Aughrim in the qualifiers last weekend.

Carr took over last September after Cavan turned to the Sports Tracker company to oversee the recruitment process. They lost four out of seven games in Division Three of the NFL but perked up to beat Fermanagh in an Ulster quarter-final.

Carr (right) argued yesterday that O'Reilly's criticism may stem from the dearth of game time he had this season under his management.

"If Jason's views are shared by a number of players, it's something I would certainly have to reflect on," said Carr.

"But his comments should be taken in context. He didn't get much action and perhaps that is the source of his frustration."

O'Reilly told a local newspaper that things had become "more easy-going" under Carr than they had been under his predecessor Donal Keogan.

"There are a number of lads in the set-up who just do what they need to do to keep hold of the shirt," O'Reilly said. "They don't feel like they need to do more than the bare minimum to keep the shirt.

"I think a lot of the players were a little bit afraid of Donal and then Tommy came in and things were more easy-going. It was more of the same. Something needs to change. You can't be losing the games we lost against teams like Antrim and Wicklow.

"In my 13 years with Cavan I've missed five training sessions. There are not a lot of players who can say that. To get the amount of playing time I got after being promised more was a huge disappointment."

Carr said that at no stage was O'Reilly or any other player promised a particular amount of game time.

"Jason got bits and pieces here and there but we didn't see him as the future of Cavan football. We would have explained that to him."

Carr said there is enormous work to do in Cavan and he was prepared to oversee it. But he admitted that if it emerges that a majority of players don't want him, he would consider his options.

"I would imagine there are seven or eight fellas who feel like Jason but that's the nature of things when you don't get your game."

Carr was unimpressed with O'Reilly's decision to air his views so publicly so soon after the Wicklow game.

"It's very disappointing for everyone in Cavan," he said. "This week we could have been preparing for an Ulster final. But instead we have this.

"I'm more disappointed about the Antrim defeat than Saturday evening. The effort and application in Aughrim I couldn't fault."

- Colm Keys

cavanmaniac

That's just a lot of general old yadda yadda from TC as far as I can see, it doesn't really tackle the real issue at all. We were just flat on the day, can't explain it etc. etc. no mention of why we are so lacking in spirit and drive and so on.

You won't tackle a problem unless you admit it's there, if not in the press then hopefully behind closed doors although it's hard to be confident that's happening either.

cavan4ever

QuoteCavan4ever - Is there a sliding scale of how much a waster you can be versus time on the panel?

I just think someone who has been playing for cavan over 10 years deserves a bit more respect. 

Is Jason, Dermot, Peter and Larry Wasters?   

Id guess you would say they are.

Dunne went to the concert on Thurdsay, stayed over thurdsday night and went to dublin friday.

North Longford

Tommy Carr acts as a pundit along with Declan Rowley on Shannonsides decent enough sports show between 6 and 7 on a Friday. Might be worth switching your dials over from Northern Sound for an hour this Friday lads as the presenter said on Monday that he would be questionning him about Cavans championship campaign.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: put-it-up on July 15, 2009, 11:24:14 AM

You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he  said You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he stated.

I love the little quib at the fans who didnt travel to Aughrim,
Wind your neck in Johnson, a better attitude from pre madonnas like yourself and maybe more Fans would travel distances to watch you.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 15, 2009, 02:53:00 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 15, 2009, 11:24:14 AM

You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he  said You have to give them great credit for travelling down this far, it's a long spin down on a very wet dreary evening and I'd be very disappointed for those fans, but only those fans," he stated.

I love the little quib at the fans who didnt travel to Aughrim,
Wind your neck in Johnson, a better attitude from pre madonnas like yourself and maybe more Fans would travel distances to watch you.

Agreed, such a little bollix. He doesn't mind waving at all the fans when he kicks over a point. This is the attitude I am talking about.

put-it-up

Quote from: RednBlack on July 15, 2009, 03:42:15 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 14, 2009, 11:06:13 AM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 14, 2009, 10:28:34 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 14, 2009, 10:22:12 AM
Quote from: RednBlack on July 14, 2009, 10:17:25 AM
whats wrong with him?

He was told to warm up that he was going on, asked how long was left and was told 7 minutes.   He then asked the linesman and he told him there was 1 minute left so when Carr called him to go on he told him to f**k off.

Never heard that C4E? Is that defo true?If so, I presume thats the end of his IC career

One of the players told me.

Quote from: put-it-up on July 14, 2009, 10:49:36 AM
certainly not the bit about telling Carr to f**k off!

I only read it in the shop, just says he doesnt think Carr will be here next year and not much has changed in the last year.

You give Cavan people a good name  :D :D
;D Looking for a bit of value???? Killygarry v Ramor free entry tonight @ 8pm as its the replay of their abandoned game earlier in the season!!! Expecting a full house....lol

I don't think I am ever going to live that one down  ;D

Free in RNB, sure you would be losing money not going!

Im off football for a while ( a day or two), its the cinema for me tonight...I wonder if that will be free ;D