Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Which jobs on the County board are full-time (paid) jobs?

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 12, 2009, 10:42:48 PM
I named your clubmate in those that would be replaced,
But i dont see why He cant be tried at full forward either,Yourself and Drung will soon correct me,But i believe hes played with Drung there when he has had injury problems and has been very effective.
A Big Athletic player who can knock the ball down to the Likes of Jelly and Pierson is worth a try in there.

He isnt County standard, for all the effort he puts in that isnt going to change.  You will see close hand next Saturday evening and if he plays the way he has being playing lately i will be interested in your views.

Quote from: RednBlack on July 13, 2009, 09:08:20 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 13, 2009, 08:42:07 AM
Which jobs on the County board are full-time (paid) jobs?
Secretary, coaching and Breffni Park caretakers

Are many of your clubs having problems with the secetary?

Hollow Man

The drive from Arklow into Aughrim was lovely, forest on both sides and a river on the left. Parked about ten minutes away from the pitch in a housing estate full of caravans, surprisingly the car was still there when I came back.
Interesting to see the Wicklow Supporter's Club selling jerseys and other merchandise at the ground, shows that there must be a good buzz down there at the minute.
Also, had a nice lasagne and chips in the Woodenbridge Hotel on the way home, bit pricey but tasty enough.
Savage surface on the pitch given the conditions. Wicklow are in reality quite poor, better than Cavan but not great (same as Antrim).
And that's all I want to say about last Saturday.

boojangles

The drive from Cavan to the Lavey Inn was lovely.Trees on the left and Lavey lake on the right.Watched Derry Monaghan game on tele.Great game of football,with the goals being crucial for Derry.Had a fine Caesar salad for starters and lovely Roast Beef for Mains.The Best mans speech was hilarious. I was in bad humour when I heard the Cavan result but a few pints made me forget about that. I jived away on the dance floor for hours and was home by 4 o clock Sunday morning. Thats all I want to say about Saturday.

Hollow Man

Boojangles, Boojangles, Boojangles... When will you ever learn?
Please don't try to be funny and/or smart anymore - it DOESN'T suit you.
Next question - should Carr go? If your answer is YES, please state the name of the candidate you'd like to see take the job.
I'll start it off - NO, only because there is nobody better to take it on.

Denn Forever

Hopefully we'll see TC at some of the Championship games over the summer. Has he been at league games? 

The intensity of the Championship games will hopefully give an indication of how players will react at IC level.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 13, 2009, 01:18:06 PM
Boojangles, Boojangles, Boojangles... When will you ever learn?
Please don't try to be funny and/or smart anymore - it DOESN'T suit you.
Next question - should Carr go? If your answer is YES, please state the name of the candidate you'd like to see take the job.
I'll start it off - NO, only because there is nobody better to take it on.

Ha Ha Hollow-SmartAss Number 1 telling me not to be smart-Bit rich no.As for the funny bit-I beg to differ.Mayb you didnt find it funny.I just couldnt resist-Hollow Man talking about lovely views etc. Come on now.

As for your question I agree with ya-I wouldnt get rid of TC.Only for the reason that we probably wouldnt get anyone better to take on the job.Chopping and changing a manager every year or 2 has to stop.  Tactically he is not good and his selectors don't seem to be any better.Niall Lynch is obviously letting local pride cloud his judgement.He also must have a wee soft spot for one Castlerahan man.
I would keep Tommy Carr but look at a new back room team.But we all know that aint gonna happen.

Anybody hear of Trevor Crowe dishing out a bit of rough justice at a Lacken game recently?

Hollow Man

QuoteHa Ha Hollow-SmartAss Number 1 telling me not to be smart-Bit rich no.As for the funny bit-I beg to differ.Mayb you didnt find it funny.I just couldnt resist-Hollow Man talking about lovely views etc. Come on now.

Lord above, it's official - sarcasm is totally lost on you Boojangles. Read over my post again, if you don't detect a hint of sarcasm, retire from the board and stop embarrassing yourself.

:-*

PS Please take the bait.

PSS  :-*

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 13, 2009, 03:20:22 PM
QuoteHa Ha Hollow-SmartAss Number 1 telling me not to be smart-Bit rich no.As for the funny bit-I beg to differ.Mayb you didnt find it funny.I just couldnt resist-Hollow Man talking about lovely views etc. Come on now.

Lord above, it's official - sarcasm is totally lost on you Boojangles. Read over my post again, if you don't detect a hint of sarcasm, retire from the board and stop embarrassing yourself.

:-*

PS Please take the bait.

PSS  :-*

The only thing thats embarrassing is that post you wrote.Lovely drive from Arklow to Aughrim,trees on left bla bla bla-Get a grip of yourself man.Cavan lost-No need for you to start imitating William Wordsworth.
As for sarcasm-I take that as a given with every post you write.I doubt Im the only one either.

PS  :-*

Hollow Man

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 13, 2009, 04:56:13 PM
I give up!
Well that's a relief. Or am I being sarcastic? Mmm, I'm so clever I've confused everybody even myself. Maybe I should go to a board where my higher levels of wit will be appreciated.
GAA please. ;D >:( :P :'(

BallyhaiseMan

Region 2 team for Rednblack

1.Patrick Galligan Killygarry/Eoin Elliot(Cavan Gaels)
2.Kevin Donohoe(Drumalee)
3.Eoin Smith(Killygarry)
4.Niall Reily(Ballinagh)
5.Barry Kelly(Ballyhaise)
6.Eamon Reily(Cavan Gaels)
7.Gary Fernacombe(Drumalee)
8.Sean Reily(Cavan Gaels)
9.Gavin Duffy(Cavan Gaels)
10.Thomas Leonard(Killygarry)
11.Martin Reily(Killygarry)
12.Robert Maloney Derham(Cavan Gaels)
13.Eamon Costello(Ballyhaise)
14.Darragh Gaffney(Drumalee)
15.Niall McDermott(Ballinagh)

left out Podge/Cullivan etc who have been around the county scene for years,
Plenty of backs to select, had to leave out lads like Enda McCormack of Drumalee who has county potential,but not as many top class forwards.

cavanmaniac

Seems to be trends emerging from the last few posts/pages, wouldn't necessarily agree with a lot of it but then again, who among us are feeling terribly rational after the events of the last month?

1. Cavan don't have the players
Certainly not in terms of winning anything we don't but I remain convinced by events in our own county in 1997 and other counties such as Galway 96-98, Kildare of the same era, Mayo circa 1996, Fermanagh at various stages in the last decade, Sligo too, Limerick currently and under Liam Kearns, and Micko with Laois and Wicklow, and Baker with Antrim, that, what looks at any given time like a county "without the players" can at least be marshalled and organised by the right man, and quicker than you'd think, in such a way as to make them competitive to a certain level. Some but not all of those counties had underage success yes I know, but it's not a prerequisite all the time and besides, trophies aren't the only arbiter of the quality of your underage teams either.
We should be doing much, much better than we are with the resources available to us, by which I mean respectability and not being the new joke team of the country.

2. Tommy Carr should stay/go
The fact that we were better under someone as lacking as Keogan is a very damning indictment of Carr and his abilities. I'm at a loss as to how someone with a big gig under his belt like Dublin and who played at the very highest level, could come to our county and actually take us further backwards when we thought there was no further room to go any further backwards. This year has almost certainly tainted his rebuilding programme and given the abilities or lack of shown thus far, it's hard to see whether he is up to the task now of turning it around. Nobody could have envisaged that we'd actually get worse under a new manager.
However, if only because change wouldn't really serve any purpose at this juncture, I'd give him one more year to show some signs of progress and hope to Jesus something basic can be put in place.

BallyhaiseMan

Region 3 :kingscourt shercock bailieboro laragh lavey

1.James Carolan(Lavey)
2.Daire McMahon(Kingscourt)providing he comes back from injury the same player.
3.Darren Smith(Lavey)
4.Declan Reily(Baileborough)
5.Alan Clarke(Kingscourt)
6.Keith McCabe(Kingscourt)
7.Enda Clarke(Laragh)
8.Michael O Reily(Shercock)
9.Ollie Kelleher(Baileborough)
10.Sean Og Gargan(Kingscourt)
11.Kevin Brady(Lavey)
12.Joe McMahon(Kingscourt)
13.Darragh Gunn(Kingscourt)
14.Sean Maguire(Lavey)
15.Paul Cooney Jnr(Baileborough)

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 13, 2009, 05:21:20 PM
Region 2 team for Rednblack

1.Patrick Galligan Killygarry/Eoin Elliot(Cavan Gaels)
2.Kevin Donohoe(Drumalee)
3.Eoin Smith(Killygarry)
4.Niall Reily(Ballinagh)
5.Barry Kelly(Ballyhaise)
6.Eamon Reily(Cavan Gaels)
7.Gary Fernacombe(Drumalee)
8.Sean Reily(Cavan Gaels)
9.Gavin Duffy(Cavan Gaels)
10.Thomas Leonard(Killygarry)
11.Martin Reily(Killygarry)
12.Robert Maloney Derham(Cavan Gaels)
13.Eamon Costello(Ballyhaise)
14.Darragh Gaffney(Drumalee)
15.Niall McDermott(Ballinagh)

left out Podge/Cullivan etc who have been around the county scene for years,
Plenty of backs to select, had to leave out lads like Enda McCormack of Drumalee who has county potential,but not as many top class forwards.

would donal Thomas not make MF on that team BHM?