Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 10, 2009, 04:01:43 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 10, 2009, 03:54:23 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 10, 2009, 01:23:18 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on July 10, 2009, 12:41:28 PM
see its only 10e into the game at the weekend and a fiver for OAP's and students. Nice to see the GAA not trying to rip us off with the qualifers and keep atttendances.

Saying that, I reckon there will be about 50 Cavan people at the game tomorrow....and that includes the players  :) :) :D

Id say there will be more, there are alot of Cavan people in Dublin who will probably head down. 

We won't have much trouble bumping into each other so by the sound of things C4E. Where do you want to meet up beforehand

I dont know, was never down there before.

Very disappointed but not altogether surprised to hear you've never been there before given that we travelled the few hours four years ago to watch our division three league fixture against the Garden County, we scraped out with a one point win. For a kid that likes to dish out the pay about the attendance record of an exile like myself I'm sure you had a valid excuse though. Were you making youir confirmation on the day? Anyway look forward to meeting you tomorrow, Lawless's hotel is the pre match venue, bring your fake id
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavan4ever

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 10, 2009, 08:12:37 PM
see its only 10e into the game at the weekend and a fiver for OAP's and students. Nice to see the GAA not trying to rip us off with the qualifers and keep atttendances.

Saying that, I reckon there will be about 50 Cavan people at the game tomorrow....and that includes the players  :) :) :D

Id say there will be more, there are alot of Cavan people in Dublin who will probably head down. 

We won't have much trouble bumping into each other so by the sound of things C4E. Where do you want to meet up beforehand

Very disappointed but not altogether surprised to hear you've never been there before given that we travelled the few hours four years ago to watch our division three league fixture against the Garden County, we scraped out with a one point win. For a kid that likes to dish out the pay about the attendance record of an exile like myself I'm sure you had a valid excuse though. Were you making youir confirmation on the day? Anyway look forward to meeting you tomorrow, Lawless's hotel is the pre match venue, bring your fake id

No i was at a family funeral if you must know you ****.

And was it not a division 2B game.

anglocelt39

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 10, 2009, 08:50:46 PM

Hook, line, sinker,

See you tomorrow C4E

cavan4ever

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 10, 2009, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on July 10, 2009, 08:50:46 PM

Hook, line, sinker,

See you tomorrow C4E

Well at least you will be fit to talk about the game without relying on reports from others.  This your first game this year?, you must be excited.

Well im off to courtneys for a few, mind the roads anyone thats travelling tomorrow.

And hopefully not.

tierworker blue

Yeah, there'll be feck all. We may huddle together for warmth and support !  ;D

anglocelt39

C4E thanks for the PM. See ya in Lawless's later. Tierworker Blue, is the North Melbourne Guernsey getting an outing?

Denn Forever

Come on the lads.

Its Northern Sound for me but will they have the Roscommon game?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tierworker blue

Quote from: anglocelt39 on July 11, 2009, 09:43:07 AM
C4E thanks for the PM. See ya in Lawless's later. Tierworker Blue, is the North Melbourne Guernsey getting an outing?

Jaysus, it's been years since I wore that (although it has been farmed out to others for the odd match or two)...well spotted Anglocelt!
I must dig it out again for the craic, although probably not today...I believe it's forecasting inclement weather conditions, so a sleeveless top would hardly be fitting attire!

put-it-up

well im just getting to ready to butter a few hang sangiches!
Gona need some body fuel on this journey!
Hopefully the sun starts shininng so I can enjoy a few whippy's!

Celt_Man

On the way down now with other 2 boys. Another 97 Cavan fans and I'd be suprised unfortunately. Anyone know what weather its giving for later on? 
Also pity to see the neighbours put in their place, I mean beaten
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

some fuckin joke
getting hammered by Wicklow
Celt Man, Ac,C4ever and Put it up have a long journey home.

Lads i didnt think it was possible but, we have sank even lower than last year,
Under Keoghan last year, We beat Antrim,Lost to Armagh and to a last minute goal against a good Kildare team.
Add to that we performed far better even in relegation from Division 2 in the league  than we did this year.
Now i and no-one here thinks the Keoghan era was anything other than a disaster.
But Carr has taken this team into a position where we have lost to Antrim and Wicklow in the same championship and done nothing in the league.
id be happy to hear from our travelling brethern whether they think Carr should be given another year after this years debacle, i dont honestly think he should be.

Blue06

BH Man you may bump up that Tommy Carr Must Go thread of yours.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Blue06 on July 11, 2009, 08:49:44 PM
BH Man you may bump up that Tommy Carr Must Go thread of yours.

i deleted it Blue06
I wouldnt get abuse for starting one now, thats for sure.

Denn Forever

Well done to the Lads who went down there.  

The weather sounded brutal on the radio.  And unfortuneately so did the team.  

Could those there let us know was it as one sided as the commentary sounded?  How did the Wicklow backs keep Johnson to scores from frees only?  Fair or foul means?  After a promising start, I didn't hear much of Pierson and Larry Reilly was out where he could do no damage.

Lets see how Antrim and Wicklow do from now on.  As much as we don't like it, we are on a par with these teams i.e. Division 3/4 teams.

Again, fair f.cks to the lads who went down.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Celt_Man

Where to start... Currenty on the way home absolutely disgusted and soaked to the skin... Cavan seemed devoid of a game plan and seemed to have no idea how to deal with an extra man sittin in defence. Once they had it to look for the final ball they hadn't a clue what to do. There are little or no leaders in that Cavan team - once again it was left to boys like Larry to try and carry the ball around the middle. I don't think tactically Carr has it but unfortunately we don't have the players either
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010