Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

put-it-up

In fairness to you Hollow man, even if you do think your better than all of us, at least you proved your point!

You really could do with lightening up abit though ;D

Why so serious and confrontational all the time?

Come on pull yourself out of your misery at home and crack us a smile ;D

Mr. Pain

It seems to Mr. Pain that some people get their thongs in a twist and start talking pure and utter crap in the run-up to a big match. Boojangles, let's get this straight. You say that a corner back who's man scored four points from play had a good game. Is the primary objective of a corner back not to contain his own man's scoring? It seems to the Pain Dawg that if everyone stuck to that, the team would be doing very well. That said, the player in question is excellent further out the field.

Hollow Man, excellent research it must be said but your sex life must be non-existent.

On another note, the Pain Predictor got it wrong against Fermanagh but now has another outcome and it is to the liking of the minions. Cavan to win by two.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

put-it-up

Quote from: Mr. Pain on June 23, 2009, 12:18:28 AM

Hollow Man, excellent research it must be said but your sex life must be non-existent.

.[/b]

Haha was thinking the same but didn't want to be so harsh :)

Babe Ruth 47

Jaysus lads, this spot is worse than working in an office full of women.
Back to a shot of serious chat. :D

tierworker blue

Doods, less of the bad vibes...now kiss and make up!
Really looking forward to Saturday...starting to get excited (ooh matron!) already.
I hav'nt wandered the streets of Clones in victory since the great day we beat Meath in '05 (Ah...the memories) ; fingers crossed it'll be another good 'un this weekend!

boojangles

Quote from: put-it-up on June 23, 2009, 12:25:19 AM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on June 23, 2009, 12:18:28 AM

.[/b]

Haha was thinking the same but didn't want to be so harsh :)

That clears that up then so.I honestly thought that Mr Pain and Hollow Man were one and the same.
Mr Pain no need to get so personal, You mite scare Hollow Man off for another year with talk like that.

Anybody hear any word on how injuries are coming along??

cavan4ever

All is quiet leading up to this. Cavan post is saying that Cullivan and Mackey i think it said are carrying knocks and that mad eddie has arm in a cast.

Denn Forever

Have you noticed? 

Mr Pain no longer rants!! ;D

Getting rid of Donal has had many strange and wonderful effects
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

Mr Pain is a legend.

Doubt we shall be hearing from Maximus for a few months,after his Derry team shit themselves against Tyrone.  :D

put-it-up

Well lads the team for the weekend is completely unchanged.

1-15 anyway will line out as they were.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up on June 23, 2009, 11:39:36 PM
Well lads the team for the weekend is completely unchanged.

1-15 anyway will line out as they were.

Good to see in principle at least. Everyone performed reasonably well the last day and it'll be a confidence boost to that 15 what with the rumours and opinions we and others have put forward over the last fornight.

put-it-up

Lads I know there has been a lot of hype about Givney, particularly in the local media, but I really haven't been overly impressed with him in the blue jersey!.

I am by no means calling for him to be kicked off the panel or anything, but I would be interested to hear where you think the boy's best position he is.

I'm happy for him to hang around the fringes of the senior squad, play u21 and keep developing his body and his game. He can become a strong strong boy from the looks of things! Still raw though in my opinion, and I just don't think he is quite ready yet to be thrown into a start in the Ulster CHampionship

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: put-it-up on June 24, 2009, 12:51:21 AM
Lads I know there has been a lot of hype about Givney, particularly in the local media, but I really haven't been overly impressed with him in the blue jersey!.

I am by no means calling for him to be kicked off the panel or anything, but I would be interested to hear where you think the boy's best position he is.

I'm happy for him to hang around the fringes of the senior squad, play u21 and keep developing his body and his game. He can become a strong strong boy from the looks of things! Still raw though in my opinion, and I just don't think he is quite ready yet to be thrown into a start in the Ulster CHampionship
Agreed.

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on June 24, 2009, 12:51:21 AM.

That isnt going to happen this year anyway.

BallyhaiseMan

Givney needs to get quicker if hes going to be a force at IC level.
Hes a terrific fielder and good on the ball.
But he does not have the speed at the moment to stay with the likes of Enda McGinley/Sean Kavanagh etc.
A Few winters of heavy weight sessions for the lower body and alot of sprinting and hopefully he will get there.