Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 11, 2009, 02:52:03 PM
From a poster on Hoganstand

I hear that four Cavan Gaels players who had planned to play football in Boston for the summer were deported from the airport over there on arrival. Please say that they have all signed sanctions and won't be allowed to play any football until August, how funny/embarrasing would that be?

Anyone hear anything bout this or is it crap?

Oh its true alright.they would have to have signed their 60 day sanctions before they left.So I cant see any way around it.One of the lads said that he was working for 2 weeks-Big NoNo.
I feel sorry for the lads TBH,Having been in the same position 2 years ago in Boston.We were grilled for 2 hours in Logan airport,but they had pity on us and let us through Thank god.Them Immigration officers make ya feel like Bin Laden :'( :'(

Rollout

Gunner is playing his semi final against Luis Moreno now. Should be a cracker.
http://cavan.handball.gaa.ie

The Ulster Handball Open 2007

tierworker blue

Any stirrings on whether the Cavan v Donegal / Antrim match will be a pay in or an all ticket affair?

boojangles

Knockbride and Drumlane drew in Redhills tonight.Drumlane shud have won it but in the end were lucky to get the draw.
Denn were up 1-5 to 0-4 at HT. Im sure Denn4ever or RednBlack will fill us in.

BH Man I was waiting on your Championship predictions all day with bated breath,very disappointed :P :P

cavan4ever

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on June 11, 2009, 10:06:25 PM
Knockbride and Drumlane drew in Redhills tonight.Drumlane shud have won it but in the end were lucky to get the draw.

BH Man I was waiting on your Championship predictions all day with bated breath,very disappointed :P :P

That other one took me nearly an hour to write  :D
Il leave the intermediate to yourself Boojangles
dont want to be stirring it with a game this weekend  :P

Denn Forever

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 11, 2009, 10:21:16 PM
Draw in Breffini

Succinct and that is all you could say.  Won't leave anyone quaking in their boots.  We almost managed to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory.   We haven't had a victory all year and so we couldn't finish it off.

Some very strange decisions.  Why was the Killygarry guy sent off?  There were two of them at it.  I can only assume that he said something to the ref.  The Umpire did not seem to raise any objection.

Now tomorrows game should be a full throttle affair.

Spell checker gave Killygarry as Calgary.  Fittting really for the fare tonight.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavan4ever

Quote from: Denn Forever on June 11, 2009, 10:34:15 PM
Draw in Breffini

Succinct and that is all you could say.  Won't leave anyone quaking in their boots.  We almost managed to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory.   We haven't had a victory all year and so we couldn't finish it off.

Some very strange decisions.  Why was the Killygarry guy sent off?  There were two of them at it.  I can only assume that he said something to the ref.  The Umpire did not seem to raise any objection.

Spell checker gave Killygarry as Calgary.  Fittting really for the fare tonight.

Was it two yellows for he killygarry player? 

Ref did best to get Killygarry level and then didnt want them to win it.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavan4ever on June 11, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
Draw in Breffini

Stephen McGovern got a second yellow-was booked in the first half. Didn't see what happened. A few bad decisions but overall I didn't think the ref did as bad as some thought. Some of the abuse from the Killygarry crowd was ridiculous. Strange game. Killygarry didn't score for about 25 minutes and went from 0-04 to 0-01 up to 1-05 to 0-04 down. But Denn got too deep and invited them on and paid the price. Where is Hubert Smith and Fergal Brady gone Denn Forever?
I think the Bridge beat Kildallon by a few points-didn't quite hear the score.

cavan4ever

Bridge 0-11 Kildallon 0-10 i think.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 11, 2009, 10:22:57 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 11, 2009, 10:06:25 PM

That other one took me nearly an hour to write  :D
Il leave the intermediate to yourself Boojangles
dont want to be stirring it with a game this weekend  :P

Id never try to fill your boots BH Man. :P Id know most of the teams in Intermediate but I havent seen enough of any of them this year to pass proper judgement so Im not gonna start.Theres nothing I hate more than lazy journalism,something we had been more than used to in Cavan for long enough.
Have to say Im having secong thoughts after tipping Knockbride to go the whole way after seeing them last night.Drumlane were the better team and really should have had the game wrapped up.They missed 2 clear cut goal chances and a few points but I suppose Fair play to Knockbride for coming back from 4 points down and after missing a penalty.
Celt Man had you the spies out? The draw will leave the group wide open still anyway.

cavan4ever

Quote from: tierworker blue on June 11, 2009, 09:18:56 PM
Any stirrings on whether the Cavan v Donegal / Antrim match will be a pay in or an all ticket affair?

Id be pretty confident that it will be pay at the gate but the covered stand will be tickets.

cavan4ever

Well he done your fairly quick for over carrying in injury time, he only had it caught and he did him  :D

boojangles

Quote from: RednBlack on June 12, 2009, 12:01:11 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on June 11, 2009, 10:38:23 PM
Draw in Breffini

Is it any wonder he wanted a draw. Stupid decision from CCC to put a Kingscourt man on a game between two sides in the same group as his own club Kingscourt.

Dreadful football from both teams and why Martin Reilly was left inside for so long did not make any sense. Midfield was lot 10 minutes in yet no changes made.

A lot of people cry about football standards throughout the county but surely we need to do something about the quality of refereeing. Watched our Under 14s play during the week against Denn and our lads got kicked around the park for the hour. Some of the comments from the ref to players during the game were unbelievable and he said he isn't into showing cards to under 14's. Madness.

It seems that whoever is organising the fixtures just doesnt think.Jimmy Galligan from Lacken was down to referee our game at the weekend against Lavey,with Terry Hyland from Lacken over Lavey. A wee bit more thought obviously should go into these decisions. Even at Underage in Cavan, I know of a well known referee who in the last month or 2 has refereed 2 U-16 games involving his own nephew. :o :oShows the honesty of the referee,but TBH I wouldnt expect any better.
As for the standard of refereeing,well I gave up on it a few years ago.I dunno if its the same in every county but I could name all the good referees in this county in 20 seconds. Far too many referees with an agenda and trying to get revenge on other clubs. We have been paying for the mistakes of a now retired referee from my club, for the last decade.

Denn Forever

I was wondering if either team objected to the Referee before the game.  Should have done.

Well done with the U14 the day before!  It was obvious he wasn'y going to give red cards when your player was poleaxed by it would seem a petulent Denn player.  You'd never think that might go on at U14, but remembeing back it did.

Preparation before game has improved/got more complex. When I was playing fado fado, good preparation was not having that can of Coke before the throw in or the midfielder  (who'd left primary school the year before) not passing around the Major.

But how cool was that to have the Roinn A final under floodlights?  If Bailieboro had started playing earliier, it could have been closer.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...