Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 08, 2009, 10:17:14 AM
BH man...you tom fool.....where is your Tommy Carr must go thread now :D :D :D :D :D TOM FOOL[/font][/color][/b]

We missed you max. Amazing we won with such useless players and no underage etc etc etc. I suppose you had €100 euro on cavan to win by a point too.

Maximus Marillius

Congrats on the won...and a deserved win it was. You were the better team, and for a bit more self belief you could have won easier.

Its not amazing you won a home tie against another county with no underage success. I didn't bet on this game because of your home draw. My money at the weekend went on a ballinderry bellaghy double.

Hollow Man

Yeah, underage success is everything.
That's why Laois footballers and Galway hurlers are All Ireland favourites. Oh wait...
You clown!

I'll say two things in your favour Max. You are a wind up merchant par excellence and you nailed BH Man there. Calling for the head of a manager after two matches has to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this board.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 08, 2009, 10:55:15 AM
We missed you max. Amazing we won with such useless players and no underage etc etc etc. I suppose you had €100 euro on cavan to win by a point too.

The GAAboard tourist is back I see. Remember when I posted after Tipperary beat us months ago that 'freak' results can occur in the league because of varying fitness levels and 'smaller' counties training harder for it than others, and Max's incisive analysis was:

:D :D :D...cant see the wood for the trees....thats as funny as I have seen in a while...not near wise. That warped sense of non reality explains it all  :D

What's your dazzling insight on Tipp now, Max, since their defeat in championship to a Limerick team that had a comparable league record to Cavan's in the same division? Hmmm?

And also on Cavan, given that we beat last year's Ulster finalists/team who've been in All-Ireland series many times in recent years, and who count exceptionally well-run, utopian underage powerhouse counties such as Derry among their scalps of last year? Not to mention the big scalps of other years? And Cavan beat them without a minor or U21 success to speak of?

I can't wait for your laser sharp justifications drenched in hindsight and half truths....  

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 08, 2009, 11:34:39 AM
Calling for the head of a manager after two matches has to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this board.

Look lads, who hasn't said something daft at some stage? Some on this board do it daily. Leave off the guy, he's a good poster and I enjoy what he writes, it was just a rush of blood and it's childish to keep bringing it up.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 08, 2009, 11:42:42 AM

The GAAboard tourist is back I see. Remember when I posted after Tipperary beat us months ago that 'freak' results can occur in the league because of varying fitness levels and 'smaller' counties training harder for it than others, and Max's incisive analysis was:

:D :D :D...cant see the wood for the trees....thats as funny as I have seen in a while...not near wise. That warped sense of non reality explains it all  :D

What's your dazzling insight on Tipp now, Max, since their defeat in championship to a Limerick team that had a comparable league record to Cavan's in the same division? Hmmm?

And also on Cavan, given that we beat last year's Ulster finalists/team who've been in All-Ireland series many times in recent years, and who count exceptionally well-run, utopian underage powerhouse counties such as Derry among their scalps of last year? Not to mention the big scalps of other years? And Cavan beat them without a minor or U21 success to speak of?

I can't wait for your laser sharp justifications drenched in hindsight and half truths....  

well fermanagh haven't won a thing at all at any level also......so like for like. As i said congrats on your win...a well deserved win....but you were at home against a team who is now a divisin 3 team like yourselves and here is the rub....one swallow doesn't make a summer.

An observation on my part....Cavan had a bit of spirit about them on Sat, more spirit than I have seen in a while. Mc Cabe has now departed...any relationship between the two?

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 08, 2009, 11:51:35 AM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 08, 2009, 11:42:42 AM

well fermanagh haven't won a thing at all at any level also......so like for like. As i said congrats on your win...a well deserved win....but you were at home against a team who is now a divisin 3 team like yourselves and here is the rub....one swallow doesn't make a summer.

That was the detailed reply I was expecting Max, but nevertheless, while we're all very aware of the one swallow doesn't make a summer thing, you'd do well to apply the same thinking yourself too; i.e. no underage success doesn't mean a county is derisory or shite, so it's about time you let that old nugget die a death I think...

I know you're on the windup most of the time too but it's also about time you twigged that the majority of posters in this thread have forgotten more about Cavan football than you'll ever know, so a bit of respeck when you come visiting the neighbours wouldn't go amiss either.

Hollow Man

Maniac, don't take the bait!!!!!!!

Max, how will Derry fare against Tyrone?
Something wrong with the system whereby Limerick are guaranteed a spot in the last 12 by beating a Division Four team while Derry have to beat two Division One teams to reach that same stage.
Much as it pains me, I'm starting to think we should scrap the provincial system, OR go back to a straight knock-out.

Maximus Marillius

The Derry Tyrone game...usually is a very close dour game when we play. We are sort a serious amount of good players, Doherty, Muldoon, Mc Cusker, Patsy Bradley...al big, physically strong men. We'll not be to far away...perhaps a decesion here or there byn the ref ;)

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 08, 2009, 12:11:54 PM

Something wrong with the system whereby Limerick are guaranteed a spot in the last 12 by beating a Division Four team while Derry have to beat two Division One teams to reach that same stage.
Much as it pains me, I'm starting to think we should scrap the provincial system, OR go back to a straight knock-out.

i agree the provincial c'ship very unfair. I am in favour of adpoting a league basis that has then translates in the championship quater finals for Sam and quater finals for a second tier Sam

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on June 08, 2009, 10:17:14 AM
BH man...you tom fool.....where is your Tommy Carr must go thread now :D :D :D :D :D TOM FOOL[/font][/color][/b]

i feel horrible. I  am being made look like a fool due to a Cavan win  ;D  ;D
Im really hurting now Maxxie  :-*
PS Remind what what happened your lot against Fermanagh in Omagh last year?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on June 08, 2009, 11:34:39 AM
Yeah, underage success is everything.
That's why Laois footballers and Galway hurlers are All Ireland favourites. Oh wait...
You clown!

I'll say two things in your favour Max. You are a wind up merchant par excellence and you nailed BH Man there. Calling for the head of a manager after two matches has to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this board.

You say the nicest things...  :-*

boojangles

Just like Clockwork-Max is back.But to be fair,at least he has made an appearance when Cavan have won.Max made the point about the relation between the fine team spirit we showed on Saturday and the fact that Dermot McCabe wasnt playing.As good a servant we all know Dermot was,I would be inclined to agree here.He was never a great man at encouraging on the field,and it seemed on Saturday that the team played without any pressure,and everybody was willing to take on their own responsibilities,without Big Dermot trying to do it for them.
It is hard not to look forward to the next game when you see that Paul the Gunner,Larry,Fannin,Cahill,Rory Dunne and Pierson among others may all be pushing for a place.

While I feel that Tyrone may conquer all in September,I feel that Derry may do the job in Ulster.Derry will be missing a lot but under Cassidy they seem to have added more steel and a better attitude.I backed them before the Monaghan game at 4-1 so heres hoping.God I dunno what Il do if its a Cavan Derry Ulster Final, ::) ::)
A Cavan man is not easy parted with 20 notes. :P :P

cavan4ever

Anyone know if  Lyng be back in contention for the next day?

put-it-up

Isn't amazing how good a championship win makes us at feel! Donegal will be a much sterner test though.

Anyway, lets forget about the county set-up and let the boy's get on with there preparations. We don't want to put too much pressure on them.

See the clun championship is getting under way this weekend, couple of very interesting games too. None more so than Gaels -v- Mullahoran. Who thinks who is going to win each championship?

Senior: Cavan Gaels Dark Horses: Gowna with McKeever and McCabe rested?! Think Kingscourt could cause a few upsets
Intermediate: Lavey Dark Horses: Killeshandra are flying in Division Two
Junior: Shannon Gaels Dark Horses: Gaels second team

boojangles

Senior: Its hard to look by the Gaels but I know things are going far from well up in Terry Coyle.Also hear that one of their main men will be heading off in the next month or 2,while there are 4 lads gone to Donegal in Boston today.(McClarey,Daniel Graham and Robert Maloney)
Gowna should definitely be a force again while Mullahoran cannot be ruled out.Belturbet and Kingscourt will be buzzing,and its confidence they need but cant see them beating the Heavys when it comes to the crunch. Hesitantly Il go for Gowna.

Intermediate: As usual,any number of teams in contention.Our own Group will knock out 2 of the fancied teams,whoever that may be.I think Knockbride will be very hard bet this year.Larry and John Tierney are 2 massive additions for any Intermediate team.The same could be said for Drumgoon,with Hannon and Fannin to call upon.Lavey will also be very hard bet,considering they have been playing in Division 1 this year.Killeshandra are also flying,but just might lack experience when it comes down to it.While of course you can never rule out last years beaten finalists Ballyhaise out.
A very open Championship that should produce some very tight games,Im gonna go for Knockbride to reclaim the Gilroy Cup.

Junior-Im afraid I just dont know enough about it,having seen no games.I would guess that Swad will be hard beat again but could see a Senior club second team run it tight.