Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the salmon of knowledge

how much IC has sean brady played in the lead up to this game?

2-11   Cavan
1-12   Fermanagh

please god

cavanmaniac

Cavan 0-12
Fermanagh 1-8

One for the purists ;D

boojangles

Cavan 2-07
Fermanagh 0-13

The Ulster Championship is due a draw-I think it could be Saturday evening.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on June 05, 2009, 12:02:57 PM
Cavan 2-07
Fermanagh 0-13

Even after extra-time?

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on June 05, 2009, 01:19:53 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 05, 2009, 12:02:57 PM
Cavan 2-07
Fermanagh 0-13

Even after extra-time?

f**k,forgot about that.Il say a draw after 70 minutes,after that Fermanagh may sneak it.

BigMac

Lads, can anyone tell me where i can get the game live on the internet? Im away due to the "current economic climate", but would love to see the game. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BigMac on June 06, 2009, 12:14:49 PM
Lads, can anyone tell me where i can get the game live on the internet? Im away due to the "current economic climate", but would love to see the game. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah I see RTE's great on-line service is for Ireland only-what a marketing tool?
Try this link-you'll need to down load Mediaplayer too.
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=41269&part=sports
http://www.myp2p.eu/softwareitem.php?softwareid=10&part=software

Usually best to get on-line early but I doubt there'll be too many using the service for this game.
When you have mediaplayer downloaded, clicking on any of the play links should automatically open the player for you. If one fails, just try another.

Babe Ruth 47

Brilliant, the lads done well. Fermanagh were shown up to be a poor team. As hoped they returned to form in front of the sticks. Was very impressed by Johnston, Martin Reilly, Pauric Reilly, Nicholas Walsh, Mackey and Cullivan. Showed a lot of heart when we came under presure near the end. Cullivan proved to be quite a usefull outlet inside.  Jonhston kicked some lovely scores especially the one 10 mins from the end of the game. Was worried half way through the first half when he pulled up holding his hamstring. Only one fault with him was that free he took short when he should have left it for Reilly. A wee bit selfish. Martin Reilly also had a good day. A beautiful technique taking the frees from the ground. I'm glad I have to eat my words about Podge, thought he was excellent. Delighted..........roll on Donegal (or Antrim)

handballer09

Well done Cavan. Super win, should give the whole county a boost.

Here's a link to a brief report and video of Tommy Carr's reaction

http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/matchreports/articles/2009/06/06/40388-cavan-tear-up-the-script/

Denn Forever

Cavan 0 13
Fermanagh 1 08

We held out at the end but we didn't seem to use the wind in the second half but f&&k it we won!

Although I was a bit perturbed when I clicked on the Local GAA discussion, and saw Carr must go.  Looked at the originator and it wasn't Ballyhaise Man and sighed gratefully when I read it further and saw it was Ross Carr.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavan4sam

Mackey going for scan on cruciate today, its not torn but they want to see how bad it is. Big loss for us next weekend against Ramor but would be a massive loss for Cavan the next day out if his injury is serious.

BallyhaiseMan

Terrific result,Good performance with lots of mistakes,we can improve an awful lot.
Its great to be winning these tight games,like yesterday and Down/Limerick in the league.
Other years we have been playing teams off the park and getting caught in the last 10  minutes.
Mackey was immense as was Jelly
Martin Reily and Ray were good.
Nicko Walsh battled well at midfield with Marty McGrath
John McCutcheon was very good,
Eugene Keating kicked two balls straight over the sideline and he was in there for his passing ability,hes worth another go at centre back against Donegal though,To be fair he coped well for his first game.
Podge has came on a sight since his dip in form at the start of the year
Rony Flanagan went through an immense amount of work.
Full back line was shaky at the start,But done rightly thereafter.

Sean Brady kicked two scores,but didnt contribute an awful lot more for me,he will struggle to hold his place for the game against Antrim/Donegal.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 05, 2009, 11:06:20 AM
Cavan 0-12
Fermanagh 1-8

One for the purists ;D

Well, I was nearly right...too wrecked to post, but suffice to say I am delighted but not surprised.

cavan4sam

Mackey injury not as bad as first feared, will report more when i hear it.

Maximus Marillius

BH man...you tom fool.....where is your Tommy Carr must go thread now :D :D :D :D :D TOM FOOL[/font][/color][/b]