Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: RednBlack on June 02, 2009, 04:39:48 PM
RTE not showing Saturdays game live. Deferred coverage after the soccer. Think around 9pm

I saw that. A bit of a joke. They announced that they were showing it at the start of the year (even though they knew the soccer was on). Then they got the time changed and now they don't show it anyway. Are BBC still going to show it i wonder. They were going to show it when it was at 7pm.

cavan4ever

Quote from: RednBlack on June 02, 2009, 05:36:50 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 02, 2009, 05:01:32 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on June 02, 2009, 04:39:48 PM
RTE not showing Saturdays game live. Deferred coverage after the soccer. Think around 9pm

I saw that. A bit of a joke. They announced that they were showing it at the start of the year (even though they knew the soccer was on). Then they got the time changed and now they don't show it anyway. Are BBC still going to show it i wonder. They were going to show it when it was at 7pm.
word is that it will still be shown at 7. sure we can go to the game and then go home and enjoy watching Galligan running 50 yards to score the winning point!!! Jesus I hope......... :o

Four more sleeps  ;D

Drung

QuoteVideo report from minor game ------------>  http://ulster.gaa.ie/landofthegiants/2009/06/02/minor-report-down-v-cavan/

Super video, thanks. Report here as well http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/matchreports/articles/2009/06/01/40097-same-old-story-for-minors/

Hard to believe they are gone again. Anyone here at it??

mylestheslasher

According to my sky box BBC 2 is showing the game live. RTE is showing full deferred coverage at 9. I'll be at it anyway so doesn't matter to me.

put-it-up

Quote from: Drung on June 03, 2009, 03:12:59 PM
QuoteVideo report from minor game ------------>  http://ulster.gaa.ie/landofthegiants/2009/06/02/minor-report-down-v-cavan/

Super video, thanks. Report here as well http://www.anglocelt.ie/sport/matchreports/articles/2009/06/01/40097-same-old-story-for-minors/

Hard to believe they are gone again. Anyone here at it??

Yeah I was at it! Felt depressed after the game. Despite playing pretty bad, it was there to be one but once again we let it slip trough the fingers

Lawrence of Knockbride

Less than 2 days til throw-in lads. What are the predictions?

BallyhaiseMan

Babe Ruth 47

0-16 to 2-8 in favour of Cavan.   

Getting excited about this game. Relatively confident about our chances. Hopefully Fermanagh will return to form in front of the posts. My only big issue is Podge. I think he is a top class footballer but against Fermanagh he may be badly exposed for pace. I really hope he proves me wrong though.

mylestheslasher

Lawrence of Knockbride

Serious optimism amongst you lads so far-you'd know it was Friday. ;D
Babe Ruth, I'd have to say that I have concerns all around the field and not just Podge. I really find it too hard to call. It's a question of the Cavan players desire the win for one as Fermanagh won't be lacking in that department. Tactically, we could have any sort of formation with everyone in the forwards except Johnston able to come out around the middle. We could see Johnston marked by 5 or 6 players with our lads all about the middle looking for breaks. If it turns into such a slog I think we'll be beaten. However, we have a couple of aces. Mackey, needs plenty of ball and needs to show the form he did against Down. He missed quite a few games with the mumps and it'll be interesting to see if he can get back to that level. I'd also leave Cullivan inside rather than bring him out. Martin Reilly's a nice footballer but I wouldn't have him as a target man, especially against a blanket defence. Cullivan is the only real option of a direct high ball we have.
Defensively, all that needs to be said about the FB line has already been said. Carson looks a good player but not the sort that will destroy you. I think Sheridan might do ok on him. I'm bemused by the Keating/Sean Brady/Flanagan line-out. I'm a big fan of Rory Dunne's at wing-back and think he should have got the nod ahead of Brady who has shown nothing. I'd have had Dunne WB, Flangan CB and Keating WF.
Anyway after all that it's still impossible to call but I'll give a reluctant 1-9 to 0-10 call to Fermanagh in a frustrating but educational evening for the Breffni :'(

Babe Ruth 47

Regretably your probably right Lawrence, however we have a relatively good bench to come on. A few men who given half a chance can turn games. Pierson< Larry etc. Would much prefer the half back line as you stated but I'm optimistic TOmmy Carr knows what he's at. This could turn into a real slogging match between the two 45s where hopefully we have a good quota of big strong individuals to come out on top.  Fermanagh all of a suden haven't turned into the free scoring team that we seen against Down. Down were poor and their backs let Fermanagh have serious space. Hopefully if we are up for this game our backs are like bostick Fermanagh will start panicking, taking the wrong option, shooting from ludacris angles etc ala last years Ulster Championship.

Babe Ruth 47

Hoganstand.com -

Fermanagh manager Malachy O'Rourke has kept faith with the side that defeated Down for tomorrow's Ulster SFC quarter-final against Cavan at Kingspan/Breffni Park.

It means there is no starting place for Mark Murphy, who recently returned from Australia, or for former All-Star full back Barry Owens, who is on his way back to full fitness following cruciate ligament surgery. However, there is every chance both will see action from the bench.

Ryan Carson, who made a dream debut against Down in the preliminary round, will once again start on the edge of the square, while Ryan McCluskey has shaken off injury to start at right half back.

Fermanagh (SF v Cavan): C Breen; N Bogue, S Lyons, H Brady; R McCluskey, S McDermott, T McElroy; M McGrath, J Sherry; R Keenan, C McElroy, M Little; D Keenan, R Carson, E Maguire.

put-it-up

I think we have a chance.

Have major concerns in the FB line. Every time a long ball goes in there, I have a heart attack.

Keating is a massive gamble, but obviouslly the management think its going to work.

I think Flanagan will be sweeping back alot to help out, with Cullivan giving options on the square when we have pssession but drifting out when we dont and leaving Martin and Jelly in space. Worked very well against Wexford, though the Fermanagh defence will be much more formidable.

Keating, Brides and Brady have massive points to prove...I know they would not be in a lot of people's starting line-ups.

We need this win, if we lose, minors u21's and seniors will all have lost at teh first round