Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big balla

i heard Paddy Gumley got the all clear this week from a doctor in Liverpool. Great news for him and the club

boojangles

Now now lads less of the condescending attitude, although I did hear that Mr Pain is from Corlough.

Hard to know what to expect from our Minors.one thing I know about Mickey Graham and his selector and trainer is that they are very good at preparing a team for the big day.Saturdays game is big and hopefully they will have a few big days.

Great news for Paddy Gumley,wish him all the best. Can he get straight back to training now?

Celt_Man

Lads, I'm pretty sure that there are a few other Cootehill men who drop in and look on whats being said on this website so I'm just giving this a plug for their sakes in case they don't know about the new website for the club www.cootehillceltic.com  Only came across it the other day myself - it seems decent enough plenty of photos on it and there is a discussion forum (kinda the same to this) on it too.

Great news about Paddy Gumley to be honest from what I heard didn't think he would get the all clear - delighted for him....  by the way "doctor in Liverpool" - I would safely say it wasn't a local anyway..... :D :D :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Any word on the juniors tonight?

cavan4ever

whats my name

poor show it was terrible stuff couldn't defend couldn't score kicked seriously poor wides we were 2-1 up before louth even registered a score we were wining by 2 at half time and louth completely out played us in every sector of the field in the second half.

big balla

Quote from: boojangles on May 27, 2009, 11:04:23 PM
Now now lads less of the condescending attitude, although I did hear that Mr Pain is from Corlough.

Hard to know what to expect from our Minors.one thing I know about Mickey Graham and his selector and trainer is that they are very good at preparing a team for the big day.Saturdays game is big and hopefully they will have a few big days.

Great news for Paddy Gumley,wish him all the best. Can he get straight back to training now?

back at training tonight apparently,take him a while to get fit id say but im sure he'l make an appearance at some stage in the championship

Homer

What was the team WMN?

That's fantastic news about Paddy Gumley. Will be great to see him back.

cavan4ever

HOGANSTAND

Louth 3-15
Cavan 3-5

Louth outscored Cavan by 2-6 to 0-1 in the final quarter to progress to a semi-final meeting with Dublin in the Leinster JFC at Dundalk last night.

Participating in the Leinster JFC for only the second time, Cavan made a dream start when full forward David McGibney netted twice inside the first four minutes. When the Mountnugent clubman completed his hat-trick early in the second half, it looked like the visitors were going to take the spoils, but Louth rallied late on with a brace of goals from Colm Rafferty seeing them through to the last-four.

Givney must be high on confidance, he will probably get a bit of game time next week.

Mr. Pain

Ok, comPainions Mr. Pain gives you credit for your current quest to find out his origins albeit through self-praising hilarity. As Mr. Pain previously stated, let's talk football. 

He just came across this piece on that junior game with a video clip:

www.anglocelt.ie/sport/matchreports/articles/2009/05/29/40096-givney-hattrick-not-enough-for-cavan/

Just click on the above, minions!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

OK Mr pain - it is obviously giving you too much pain to admit what club you belong to and I wouldn't like to do you any further pschological damage by continuing to interogate. So I will stop now and talk football....

According to the report Givney was a sub yet scored 2 goals in the first two minutes. How did he manage to come on as a sub and score twice by the 2nd minute of the match? I assume the sub bit is a mistake?

whats my name

he started at full forward he wasnt subbed at all.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Mr. Pain on May 29, 2009, 02:29:05 PM
Ok, comPainions Mr. Pain gives you credit for your current quest to find out his origins albeit through self-praising hilarity. As Mr. Pain previously stated, let's talk football. 

www.anglocelt.ie/sport/matchreports/articles/2009/05/29/40096-givney-hattrick-not-enough-for-cavan/

Legend Mr. Pain but what a shite clip.

big balla

that clip was painfully bad, but i suppose i should expect that from you...

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 29, 2009, 06:07:17 PM

Legend Mr. Pain but what a shite clip.

Lawrence is Mr Pain.

Was talking to Enda McCormack,who was playing wing-back with the Juniors.He said Louths greater fitness showed.Apparently they have been training with their Seniors all year. Cavan on the other hand,hardly knew each others names.If something can be done half-arsed,you can be sure Cavan will do it.

Anybody heading to Armagh?