Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 26, 2009, 08:42:16 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2009, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: boojangles on May 25, 2009, 11:58:49 PM
Im rubbing myeyes in disbelief :o :o :o :o.Hollow Man.I thought it was the last we heard of you.Hard to keep a good thing down ha  :P :P
Hope U and BHMan can b friends this summer!

Ye I really hope some peoples optimism about our chances against Fermanagh isnt misplaced.It is gonna be tight and a point or 2 either way should decide it. The last time we bet Fermanagh was in 98 in Breifne,and we were very lucky that day.

We were lucky to beat them in 97 too. Anthony Forde equaliser must have been 5 mins into injury time in Clones.

Bernard Morris, no?

Bernard Morris!!! Are you mad.

BREANDRUM

Cavan v Fermanagh throw-in has been moved to 5.30pm so as not to clash with Ireland v Bulgaria soccer match

boojangles

Im rubbing myeyes in disbelief :o :o :o :o.Hollow Man.I thought it was the last we heard of you.Hard to keep a good thing down ha  :P :P

Ye I really hope some peoples optimism about our chances against Fermanagh isnt misplaced.It is gonna be tight and a point or 2 either way should decide it. The last time we bet Fermanagh was in 98 in Breifne,and we were very lucky that day.

We were lucky to beat them in 97 too. Anthony Forde equaliser must have been 5 mins into injury time in Clones.
Bernard Morris, no?

Jesus Lawrence,I know its been 12 years but Bernard Morris. :o :o How could U ever forget Fordes point.

Maybe the Ulster Council have moved into the 21st century,moving the game forward.Very wise decision,and should make for a great Saturday evening. You would know that a certain Drumalee man is not making decisions on the Ulster Council anymore anyway.

Homer

Seems that we have a fairly good idea what the line-out will be on Saturday week. I'm really feeling un-easy about Keating at CHB, He's just not a defender and I think Carr is only going with him there as he likes his distribution and range from the boot. He's a cool customer, but IMO he takes too long on the ball and could be really found out in the intensity of Ulster-Championship.

Larry's goal at the weekend was suppose to have been really something to behold. Apparently he took a pass through the centre at full tilt didn't even bother selling the full-back a dummy just went by him before he knew anything about it and sent an absolute humdinger past the keeper. G'wan Larry!!  ;D

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 25, 2009, 09:28:57 PM
Put It Up. Could you describe Larrys goal for us please, I hear it was something special!

Looking at the goal, there is definetly life in the old dog yet. Many blasted Carr for bringing him back in but I have said all along he is a great impact sub to have. Imagine him coming on for the last ten minutes against Fermanagh,,he will give the whole place a lift.

He got the ball about 40 yards out in the middle, saw there was little support and I presume he said to himself f*ck it! Cos he put the head down and took off like a hare. He was past the two defenders before the knew they had been 'Larried' and he sent a rocket past the keeper. Was an absolute cracker of a goal. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up on May 26, 2009, 01:02:09 PM
Put It Up. Could you describe Larrys goal for us please, I hear it was something special!

Looking at the goal, there is definetly life in the old dog yet. Many blasted Carr for bringing him back in but I have said all along he is a great impact sub to have. Imagine him coming on for the last ten minutes against Fermanagh,,he will give the whole place a lift.

He got the ball about 40 yards out in the middle, saw there was little support and I presume he said to himself f*ck it! Cos he put the head down and took off like a hare. He was past the two defenders before the knew they had been 'Larried' and he sent a rocket past the keeper. Was an absolute cracker of a goal. 

There no greater sight in the GAA than Larry taking off. Then its a case of whether he hits the top corner or the corner flag :D

put-it-up

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2009, 01:06:33 PM
Quote from: put-it-up on May 26, 2009, 01:02:09 PM

There no greater sight in the GAA than Larry taking off. Then its a case of whether he hits the top corner or the corner flag :D

It puts a smile on my face every time ;D Pretty sure he is going to be a sub but it what I wanted him to be all along anyway. Someone mentioned Keating aswell. What is the Fermanagh CF like?if he is a ball-carrier a potential roasting could be on the cards, because Keating, defensively anyway, is not ready for IC level yet

Bongo

He got the ball about 40 yards out in the middle, saw there was little support and I presume he said to himself f*ck it! Cos he put the head down and took off like a hare.

Wait.... Larry actually "LOOKED" and saw there was no support!!!.... That's a first. He'd normally just "put the head down and take off like a hare"  :D :D :D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on May 26, 2009, 12:00:33 PM

Bernard Morris, no?

Jesus Lawrence,I know its been 12 years but Bernard Morris. :o :o How could U ever forget Fordes point.

Maybe the Ulster Council have moved into the 21st century,moving the game forward.Very wise decision,and should make for a great Saturday evening. You would know that a certain Drumalee man is not making decisions on the Ulster Council anymore anyway.
Woeful memory Boojangles but I could have swore Morris kicked an unlikely equaliser for us against someone at Clones around that time. Am I mixing it up with some other game or just losing the head altogehter? :-\

mylestheslasher

I only ever remember Morris scoring once for Cavan. He took a shot from in front of the posts about 30 meters out, it got blocked, went up in the air and crept over the bar. For the life of me I can't remember who it was against or when.

Homer

I suppose while we're being nostalgic today...

Antrim 1995 (Peter Reilly's two cracking goals)

Monaghan 1995 (Unstoppable Fintan Cahill, and POD saves the day)

Antrim 1996 (young Jayo making amends)

Armagh 04 (a not so happy finish but we gave them a fight)

cavan4ever

There only expecting 10-11 k at this game,  thats small for neighbouring counties.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 26, 2009, 08:45:29 PM
There only expecting 10-11 k at this game,  thats small for neighbouring counties.

I reckon there will be 20k as long as the weather holds.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2009, 08:47:10 PM

I reckone there will be 20k and Bernard Morris will score the winning point. :P

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 26, 2009, 10:36:24 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2009, 08:47:10 PM

I reckone there will be 20k and Bernard Morris will score the winning point. :P

Do not mock mystic Myles.