Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 25, 2009, 08:36:09 AM
Thanks Put-It-Up. You really should look for a job with some of the local partners. Can you just clear up that it was Sean Brady at wing-forward and not The Gunner? Is the latter around for the Fermanagh game?

I'll presume it was Sean Brady. 

Does anyone else wonder how he is on the panel ?

whats my name

who else came on put it up and how did they do?? was eoin smith playing are full back line is a major concern coming into championship our backs could cost us a good win over fermanagh if they dont get their finger out!!!!

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 25, 2009, 08:36:09 AM
Thanks Put-It-Up. You really should look for a job with some of the local partners. Can you just clear up that it was Sean Brady at wing-forward and not The Gunner? Is the latter around for the Fermanagh game?

Ah no Lawrence dont make me blush!

Yes it was Sean Brady and he was deplorable. Done nothing at all and I really just don't get what people see in him..Have never once seen him play well in blue.

As far as I know Gunner is away for the Fermanagh which is a loss. More or less everybody game on bar Eoin Smith and Tomas Reilly. Don't think Dunne or Jayo were togged from were I was standing.

From the team that started I reckon that will be the one to start against Fermanagh bar Brady and Brides. When Wexford were making loads of subs car gave the starting 15 the bulk of 55 minutes.

If Pierson is fit, id have him in CF and bring Martin out to replace Brady. With regards to the full-back line.....It is about as solid as jelly

BallyhaiseMan

Fannin or Eoin Smith in for Brides
Pierson for Sean Brady

Long time since Cavan has had any line other than midfield filled with lads over 6ft like that half back line.

Drung

I don't think McCutcheon is 6ft Ballyhaise man?
And Keating definitely isn't.
Padraig Reilly is about 6ft 1 I would think.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Drung on May 25, 2009, 03:31:26 PM

I would think McCutcheon is  over the 6ft mark Drung,played against him a few weeks ago,and last year twice,Hes not massive by any means,but hes a decent size.
I havent seen much of him,but would have thought Keating is around the 6ft mark,although ive never been on the same field as him so im open to correction on him or McCutcheon if im wrong.
Podge is definetely over 6ft as you say

put-it-up

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 25, 2009, 03:37:21 PM
Quote from: Drung on May 25, 2009, 03:31:26 PM

I would think McCutcheon is  over the 6ft mark Drung,played against him a few weeks ago,and last year twice,Hes not massive by any means,but hes a decent size.
I havent seen much of him,but would have thought Keating is around the 6ft mark,although ive never been on the same field as him so im open to correction on him or McCutcheon if im wrong.
Podge is definetely over 6ft as you say

All three would be the guts of six foot. In fact I walked past McCutheon earlier in dublin and he is defo over 6 foot. What is more interesting to me is that even though they are big, they are all comfortable on the ball.

boojangles

The 3 men are all around 6 foot.McCutcheon and Keating are anyway,Podge is around 5' '11'
Paul the Gunner is a massive loss.Don't know if Keating will cut it at centre half,he is too greedy IMO and your centre half back has to be a great passer of the ball,but obviously defensively minded-something Im not sure Keating is.Its not just a position you can adapt to straight away,and for a man who has played most his football at Midfield or forward,I would be worried about throwing him in there in Championship football.

It looks like its gonna be Sheridan at Full-Back.So I really hope that TC has the cop on to play our 2 most experienced backs alongside him in Hannon and Fannin.While Fannin is not a natural corner back and probably too good of a footballer for there,he has played there for years now with Cavan and has very rarely let us down.Some people on here have reservations about Hannon,well I definitely don't.Michael Hannon has been Cavans best and most consistent defender for the last 5 years,he is always the one given the toughest jobs and the man-marking jobs and 90% of the time he does not let us down.A definite starter in my book.

mylestheslasher

Put It Up. Could you describe Larrys goal for us please, I hear it was something special!

Hollow Man

Hello everyone! :-*

Call the Fermanagh game right now, on the facts we have:

- Fermanagh are no great shakes but have a great system
- our forwards are decent, midfield is settled but defence is dire
- we have no freetaker and can't score goals to save our lives
- they have shown themselves to be reliable in tight games, we are known for being flakey over the last few years
- we have home advantage and traditionally don't fear Fermanaagh
- we have Jelly

I'll say Cavan 1-12 Fermanagh 1-13.

Unfortunately.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 25, 2009, 10:36:35 PM

- they have shown themselves to be reliable in tight games, we are known for being flakey over the last few years
- we have Jelly

Unfortunately.

We really missed you - hope you are going to be good. One point thats worth noting is that we have as good a freetaker if not better than Fermanagh in Jelly. It'll be tight I'd say.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 25, 2009, 10:36:35 PM

- we have Jelly

Unfortunately.

welcome back HM, how are things in the Ramor camp this year?

boojangles

Im rubbing myeyes in disbelief :o :o :o :o.Hollow Man.I thought it was the last we heard of you.Hard to keep a good thing down ha  :P :P
Hope U and BHMan can b friends this summer!

Ye I really hope some peoples optimism about our chances against Fermanagh isnt misplaced.It is gonna be tight and a point or 2 either way should decide it. The last time we bet Fermanagh was in 98 in Breifne,and we were very lucky that day.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on May 25, 2009, 11:58:49 PM
Im rubbing myeyes in disbelief :o :o :o :o.Hollow Man.I thought it was the last we heard of you.Hard to keep a good thing down ha  :P :P

Ye I really hope some peoples optimism about our chances against Fermanagh isnt misplaced.It is gonna be tight and a point or 2 either way should decide it. The last time we bet Fermanagh was in 98 in Breifne,and we were very lucky that day.

We were lucky to beat them in 97 too. Anthony Forde equaliser must have been 5 mins into injury time in Clones.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2009, 08:09:03 AM
Quote from: boojangles on May 25, 2009, 11:58:49 PM

We were lucky to beat them in 97 too. Anthony Forde equaliser must have been 5 mins into injury time in Clones.
Bernard Morris, no?