Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

He played for Drumalee up til a few years ago, and had a stint with Cavan during that time. He then transferred to Belturbet a few years back but I hadn't heard of him playing much recently.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on May 21, 2009, 04:04:39 PM
He played for Drumalee up til a few years ago, and had a stint with Cavan during that time. He then transferred to Belturbet a few years back but I hadn't heard of him playing much recently.

He had a bad neck injury i think and was out of the game for a long time.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: jimjim on May 21, 2009, 11:59:19 AM

Think the team was something like this. Not sure of a couple of the players or names.

Drumlane Goalie??
Terry Hyland
Tomas Reilly
Killenkere corner back
Enda Mc Cormack
J Higgins
Killenkere player - plays wing back/midfield for them
Donal Thomas
Niall Madden
Anton Reilly
Ronan Reilly
Brady - Lavey
????
Givney
????

Givney scored 5 points in 1st half. Brought out midfield but went out of the game then.
Were losing by 6 points and came back to win.
Sean Maguire was brought on midfield with Givney but was not working so brought out Higgins and then they started winning ball.
Eamon Costello and Levi Murphy came on.
Put Anton Reilly in FF and scored 2 goals.
They also had a number of players missing.
Good result so hopefully they can go on a run now.

Danny Kelly in goals?

cavan4ever

Any word on games off this weekend?

Mr. Pain

The comeback is nigh.......
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

This Years Model

Lads, any of ye hear about a Challenge between Cavan and Wexford in Ballyboden/St Enda's this Sunday evening?
Would any of ye know what time?
Thanks.

boojangles

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 21, 2009, 04:27:44 PM

He broke a bone in his neck in his 1st year with Belturbet and was very very lucky he wasnt paralysed.He works as a Prison warden in St Pats in Dublin so he was playing feck all until lately.Hear he is playing great stuff at the moment.One of the fittest players I ever seen.
It wasnt Danny Kelly in goals,it was the other Drumlane keeper,hes from Fermanagh-dunno his name.

They are giving for the weather to pick up this evening,didnt hear of any games off.We are playing Shercock in Corduff.

cavan4ever

Looks like Fintain is going to be in goals for cavan in the championship, james is acting the bollox.

Celt_Man

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 23, 2009, 01:42:33 PM
Looks like Fintain is going to be in goals for cavan in the championship, james is acting the bollox.

How so?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Sure he's trying to move into his house. How would he have time for football? ;D

Quote from: boojangles on May 23, 2009, 01:31:19 PM

He broke a bone in his neck in his 1st year with Belturbet and was very very lucky he wasnt paralysed.He works as a Prison warden in St Pats in Dublin so he was playing feck all until lately.Hear he is playing great stuff at the moment.One of the fittest players I ever seen.
It wasnt Danny Kelly in goals,it was the other Drumlane keeper,hes from Fermanagh-dunno his name.

They are giving for the weather to pick up this evening,didnt hear of any games off.We are playing Shercock in Corduff.
Starting to piss down here in Cavan Town so I'm not so sure about that.

put-it-up

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on May 23, 2009, 02:29:24 PM
Sure he's trying to move into his house. How would he have time for football? ;D

Quote from: boojangles on May 23, 2009, 01:31:19 PM

Starting to piss down here in Cavan Town so I'm not so sure about that.

I think I mentioned that about James before and nobody believed me!has there been another twist in the story?!

I heard Carr and Lynch just aren't impressed with him at all.

Hope the rain keeps off, I'm home for the weekend and want to see my boys make it nine from nine!

mylestheslasher

If he is acting the bollox them leave him the fu*k where he is. There should be no place for boys that aren't willing to give 100%, expecially with the biggest game of the yr only a few weeks away. He'd want to think too that in two weeks Cavan will be on TV and if he is not in goals that will be a major talking point amongst the media and I'm sure the story will get out.

Celt_Man

Cootehill Knockbride game off... Bloody weather - haven't had a game in 4 weeks :(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Miller is a very laid back character, who Im sure can be very frustrating to manage at times but lets be honest we need his presence.In most Championship games he saves at least one certain goal.That is invaluable and theres no better shot stopper in the country IMO.He may not be the most energetic but when it comes to the big day he rarely lets Cavan down,which is what a lad should b judged on.Some boys need to be handled differently than most,but if it means making the odd exception for somebody like James then I think its worth it,for what he brings to the team.