Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

All i am getting at is there is one thing speculating about tactics but its another thing going into training and then coming onto this and spilling what you see. 

cavanmaniac

I heard a whisper on the grapevine that Micheáll Lyng done himself a damage at training this week and is out of the championship. Can anyone confirm? Shame but then again, he hasn't really been a feature of the side so we're used to being without him.

offthebeatentrack

Yeah heard that alright! Pity for the lad. Agree with the report in the post a few weeks ago that any team with Lyng in it is always going to be at an advantage and after reding the Westmeath report it looks like he had a good game. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

I agree the we can get to an Ulster Final this year. Just have to see what June 6th brings :)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Right lads, put the county to the back of your minds for the next week and get back to the club action. I didn't even know that Kingscourt gave Killinkere a hiding last weekend cos nobody told me. ;D Is there any stopping them? Will Gowna be a force to be reckoned with now that McCabe and McKeever definitely won't be with the county this year. Will Celt-Man get a 100% predictiion result this week?

cavan4ever

Lyng is unfortunate with injuries.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on May 15, 2009, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2009, 02:59:37 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on May 15, 2009, 01:56:40 PM
I think posters should be careful about what is said in relations to tactics on this.

I think it will be wet and windy on Sunday. I think Fermanagh will love that. I think that pitch is tight and is notoriously difficult to get a result in. Fermanagh will try and make a war out of this game and it all depends if Down have the balls to dig in and fight back. I don't think they have to be honest.

Are you on the party pills again myles.

Eh, no. Why do you ask?

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2009, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on May 15, 2009, 03:23:33 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 15, 2009, 02:59:37 PM
I think posters should be careful about what is said in relations to tactics on this.

I think it will be wet and windy on Sunday. I think Fermanagh will love that. I think that pitch is tight and is notoriously difficult to get a result in. Fermanagh will try and make a war out of this game and it all depends if Down have the balls to dig in and fight back. I don't think they have to be honest.

Are you on the party pills again myles.

Eh, no. Why do you ask?

Because i dont think your right in the head  ;D

anglocelt39

a few lads reckon we can make the Ulster Final and I hope they are right. I think a lot will depend on how good TC and his team are at the mind side of things as much as anything else. With McCabe and Forde gone and Larry/Jason just about gone we now have a panel of players none of whom have won anything in a Cavan jersey from minor level upwards. getting players to believe that they can do the business despite this fact will be a job. As bad and all as things have been over the last 20 years there were always 4 or 5 blokes on a panel that could draw on the experience/belief of having played in an AI under 21 final. Add to that the fact that nobody has won anything with their clubs at provincial level and the challenge gets a bit bigger.

Mind you, Charlie Mulgrew managed to deal with similar challenges up at Fermanagh so..........

C4E-i think the chicken needs to grow a head again
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavan4ever

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 16, 2009, 12:57:02 PM
a few lads reckon we can make the Ulster Final and I hope they are right. I think a lot will depend on how good TC and his team are at the mind side of things as much as anything else. With McCabe and Forde gone and Larry/Jason just about gone we now have a panel of players none of whom have won anything in a Cavan jersey from minor level upwards. getting players to believe that they can do the business despite this fact will be a job. As bad and all as things have been over the last 20 years there were always 4 or 5 blokes on a panel that could draw on the experience/belief of having played in an AI under 21 final. Add to that the fact that nobody has won anything with their clubs at provincial level and the challenge gets a bit bigger.

Mind you, Charlie Mulgrew managed to deal with similar challenges up at Fermanagh so..........

C4E-i think the chicken needs to grow a head again

Celt_Man

Our game against Shercock was called off, our pitch is in a mess... heard Drumgoon beat ballyhaise by a goal... any more results?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Heard Drung won by 6 points over Drumalee... serious win for them
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Heard Killeshandra beat Drumlane by 5 I think it was. I think I heard that the two Gaels games were called off. No scores on Aertel yet.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on May 16, 2009, 10:21:52 PM
Heard Drung won by 6 points over Drumalee... serious win for them

Drumalee player had a serious leg injury with about 7/8 minutes to go.  Ambulance had to be called, poor fellow it looked very nasty hope he has a speedy recovery.

anglocelt39

Cavan4ever you should not be worrying yourself about this stuff my reading of the siuation is that RednBlacks representation of tactical setup on here is so wide of the mark that I would think he is a member of the Cavan backroom team and is charged with putting mis information out via various sources in a master plan to confuse our championship rivals.

What I CAN EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL is that members of TC's team, including himself, have been seen checking in and out of various UK airports over the past several weeks. My sources on the ground over there (and they are indeed impeccable) have revealed that he has been in detailed negotiations with two of our exiled sons. These discussions have borne fruit and our championship midfield will comprise Darly McConnell and, yes, you've guessed it.....................Jamie Coffey.

The idea of Cian Mackey sweeping up and covering every blade of grass on the pitch is a clear smokescreen from our Killygarry source. That role has been handed to the 'Bridges own Lorcan Mulvey.

Tommy is also aware of our concerns about the full back line and has hatched a plot that will make opposing numbers 13 to 15 eyes water. Taking from the legendary and infamous "hells kitchen" employed by Tipperary hurling back lines in the late 60's early 70's our corner backs will be Martin Reilly and Cian Mackey. The full back position itself remains up for grabs but lets just say that Sean Johsnstons absence from training lately might be less to do with injury and more to do with the time he's been spending in the company of recently retired Armagh stalwart Francie Bellew around the trainging pitches of south Armagh.

Let the games begin.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavan4ever

Quote from: anglocelt39 on May 17, 2009, 11:21:40 AM

Cavan4ever you should not be worrying yourself about this stuff my reading of the siuation is that RednBlacks representation of tactical setup on here is so wide of the mark that I would think he is a member of the Cavan backroom team and is charged with putting mis information out via various sources in a master plan to confuse our championship rivals.

What I CAN EXCLUSIVELY REVEAL is that members of TC's team, including himself, have been seen checking in and out of various UK airports over the past several weeks. My sources on the ground over there (and they are indeed impeccable) have revealed that he has been in detailed negotiations with two of our exiled sons. These discussions have borne fruit and our championship midfield will comprise Darly McConnell and, yes, you've guessed it.....................Jamie Coffey.

The idea of Cian Mackey sweeping up and covering every blade of grass on the pitch is a clear smokescreen from our Killygarry source. That role has been handed to the 'Bridges own Lorcan Mulvey.

Tommy is also aware of our concerns about the full back line and has hatched a plot that will make opposing numbers 13 to 15 eyes water. Taking from the legendary and infamous "hells kitchen" employed by Tipperary hurling back lines in the late 60's early 70's our corner backs will be Martin Reilly and Cian Mackey. The full back position itself remains up for grabs but lets just say that Sean Johsnstons absence from training lately might be less to do with injury and more to do with the time he's been spending in the company of recently retired Armagh stalwart Francie Bellew around the trainging pitches of south Armagh.

Let the games begin.

Summary ?