Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the salmon of knowledge

good to see ya standing up for your "relations" WMN i even seen you stand up for your neighbour a few weeks ago on the pitch, even tho he needed no help ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cavan4ever

Can you post the names of all your relations WMN just incase you get upset again if someone comments about them ?

:D :D

cavanmaniac

BHM, and others that have the benefit of normal jobs that allow you go to the odd match, can you fill me in a little on Cullivan?

It's been quite a while since I saw him play, pre-injury for the seniors and 21s, but any time I have I'm left wondering what all the fuss has been about. I've never seen him do anything to warrant the expectation on his shoulders. Have the games I've gone to happened to coincide with his off-days or is there substance to a suspicion he might not be as good at the top level as we'd all hoped?

Not chucking a grenade to start a row now, just an honest question coming with the admission that I don't get to see many games unfortunately...

whats my name

cavan4ever i can rember you getting annoyed about sumthing that was said about a drung player at a county game.  ;)

cavan4ever

Quote from: whats my name on May 13, 2009, 04:36:43 PM
cavan4ever i can rember you getting annoyed about sumthing that was said about a drung player at a county game.  ;)

I did but starting mentioning relations is funny.  Next thing there will be lads challenged to fights for saying something about someone  :D

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavanmaniac on May 13, 2009, 04:23:58 PM
BHM, and others that have the benefit of normal jobs that allow you go to the odd match, can you fill me in a little on Cullivan?

It's been quite a while since I saw him play, pre-injury for the seniors and 21s, but any time I have I'm left wondering what all the fuss has been about. I've never seen him do anything to warrant the expectation on his shoulders. Have the games I've gone to happened to coincide with his off-days or is there substance to a suspicion he might not be as good at the top level as we'd all hoped?

Not chucking a grenade to start a row now, just an honest question coming with the admission that I don't get to see many games unfortunately...

No its an honest question Maniac,
Id counter with that Ray has only played One championship game against Down, and needs experience at IC championship level
Hes been seen as being one of the great young hopes of Cavan football.
He starred at midfield for our Minors who won Division Two league at barely 14,roasting players who were on the county minor team that year.
He was terrific underage,eventually captaining his country at under 17 level.
Ray is in essence a natural midfielder,but unfortunately at 5'11 is maybe a few inches short for it at inter county level.
When you're up against men at 6'5 like the Corks of this world have, having a midfielder of 6'2 barely suffices never mind 5'11.
He has all the skills, Awesome strength,passing ability and best of all his Fielding ability which is out of this world,His only two weaknesses are possibly speed and sometimes his shooting can be erratic.
Like all players hes had off days, Down and Antrim in Minor two different years,
And he wasnt great against Down on his debut at senior.
But myself and some of the other lads who see him and play with him and against him frequently throughout the year know how talented he is.
Its why hes so highly rated in the county.
Id like to see him played at Full Forward at IC Level to be honest,where his strength and fielding ability could be put to great use.

mylestheslasher

I thought cullivan was an outstanding prospect when he came on the senior scene in his 1st year in the league. He played some great games. He seems to have bulked up muscle wise but has that slowed him down a bit? He is still young so maybe we expect too much too soon.

whats my name

lets just forget about it who cares cavan4ever lets talk football

cavan4ever

Quote from: whats my name on May 13, 2009, 05:09:42 PM
lets just forget about it who cares cavan4ever lets talk football

Your the boss  8)

Drung

QuoteHe starred at midfield for our Minors who won Division Two league at barely 14,roasting players who were on the county minor team that year

He totally outplayed one of the best 17/18 year olds in Cavan when he was still Under 14?
What game was this?? Just curious to know, not disputing it...

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Drung on May 13, 2009, 06:08:22 PM
QuoteHe starred at midfield for our Minors who won Division Two league at barely 14,roasting players who were on the county minor team that year

He totally outplayed one of the best 17/18 year olds in Cavan when he was still Under 14?
What game was this?? Just curious to know, not disputing it...

Two actually
your own clubman
Ciaran Galligan was one of them,You were joined up with Kill as St Finbars for that one.
Dermot McGlade on Cormore Gaels was the other one.

cavan4ever

There are alot of players on the Cavan Panel who havent really stood up and done it on the big day.  Hoping to at least get by the first round this year, fed up off moral victories.

Drung

That is impressive about Cullivan.
He wouldn't have been barely 14 when Ciaran Galligan was a county minor though.
Dermot McGlade was a very good minor in 2002 as far as I remember. You're right, Cullivan would have been in his last year U14 that year I think.
It could be that the reason he has suffered from injuries and hasn't fulfilled his potential is that some clown played him at minor level when he was 14. That's disgraceful in my opinion.

cavan4ever

Thats the way every good young footballer is treated.  Barry Watters is no different, and i see he is back on county now.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Drung on May 14, 2009, 11:50:27 AM
That is impressive about Cullivan.
He wouldn't have been barely 14 when Ciaran Galligan was a county minor though.
Dermot McGlade was a very good minor in 2002 as far as I remember. You're right, Cullivan would have been in his last year U14 that year I think.
It could be that the reason he has suffered from injuries and hasn't fulfilled his potential is that some clown played him at minor level when he was 14. That's disgraceful in my opinion.

Theres no doubt hes played an awful lot of football already and hes only 20/21.
He Trains harder than most county players aswell so ive been told by some of his DCU Academy Collegues.
Hes nearly never away from a football or the gym.