Templeport 1-11 Corlough 1-07
M'Connaught 0-14 Cornafean 2-06
B'Bridge 0-07 B'boro 0-09
Shannon Gaels 1-11 Killygarry B 1-07
Kildallon 0-09 Arva 1-08

big balla

mylestheslasher

boojangles

That scoreline is unbelievable.i have never heard of that before if its true! I know the Stars are going well but thats a bit much.Surely Cunningham or Corrigan kicked a free or 2??
Tipping bit of a game in Drumalee yesterday evening.1-11 to 14. Down by 4 points with 5 minutes to go and we scored 1-1 in last few minutes. Keith Fannin was outstanding,playing as a 3rd midfielder he was given a free role and looked very impressive.For Drumalee Enda McCormick was again outstanding.

Lawrence of Knockbride

That score in Kingscourt is indeed correct. Even if it were the whipping boys of the division you'd expect some sort of response. Drumlane are the most hot and cold club in Cavan. They battled their way up over the past 15 years to Division 1 and in their first season up, in a relegation battle, didn't bother field a team for a game (against Castlerathan I think) and down they went.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 26, 2009, 02:27:53 PM
That score in Kingscourt is indeed correct. Even if it were the whipping boys of the division you'd expect some sort of response. Drumlane are the most hot and cold club in Cavan. They battled their way up over the past 15 years to Division 1 and in their first season up, in a relegation battle, didn't bother field a team for a game (against Castlerathan I think) and down they went.
Dont remember that happening? That was only 2007 when they went down.Cant remember them being in a play-off,thought they went straight down because they only won 2 games all year??
Butlersbridge pitch is the pits,theres a hole in the bottom right hand side of the pitch and it looks like a meteor hit it!

put-it-up

Aye boojangles i noticed that..we had a small cornerforward playing and his wee legs looked like they were struggling to get up and down that hill...When he was in the middle of it, we could only see the top half of his body ;D ;D

Any word on the Cavan game?

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: boojangles on April 26, 2009, 03:11:00 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 26, 2009, 02:27:53 PM
Dont remember that happening? That was only 2007 when they went down.Cant remember them being in a play-off,thought they went straight down because they only won 2 games all year??
Butlersbridge pitch is the pits,theres a hole in the bottom right hand side of the pitch and it looks like a meteor hit it!
Not a play-off boojangles but there were 2 or 3 teams going into the last few games of the year that could go up/stay down. I think it was Drumlane, Kingscourt & Castlerathan and the former two went. There was some messing about re-arraning the game to suit a stag or a wedding and when their opponents wouldn't move the game to a desirbable time/date the Sons of O'Connell just gave it away.

D Best Full Forward ever

Any news on the Cavan game today?? Anybody make the trip??

offthebeatentrack

Didn't go to it myself. Heard the lads lost by a few points. Didn't get any analysis of the game. Anyone hear any reports?

D Best Full Forward ever

Final score was
Galway 2-11 Cavan 0-13
No other information

mylestheslasher

Well at least it wasn't a hammering.

D Best Full Forward ever

Exactly better to lose to teams like Galway and learn something than play some of the lesser counties

BallyhaiseMan

better than i thought it would be,We arent anywere near Galways lstandard at the moment so im happy with that.
Ourselves and Cootehill played out an interesting draw 0-14 to ourselves 2-08 Saturday evening. We lead 2-03 to 0-1
Cootehill then outscored us 0-12 to 0-01 over a 30 minute period in the middle of the game,Mark Brennan kicked a great score with the last kick of the game to equalise.
Celt Man what did you think of the game?

whats my name

red and black how did eoin smith get on did you hear anything? good result for cavan hopefully will give them a confidence boost going into championship.