Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: big balla on April 20, 2009, 09:43:51 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 20, 2009, 08:28:54 AM
Quote from: big balla on April 19, 2009, 09:52:56 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 19, 2009, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 19, 2009, 11:40:56 AM
I didn't mean a formal player of the year award but from what I heard he was their main man last year. Do you have something personal against Galligan, you should declare it now if you do. You seem to be implying he is an arogant sort of lad - I don't know him so I wouldn't know. From what I've seen of him he is a worker and an honest footballer and Cavan don't have too many of those.

He done alright but wasnt main man.  

I agree with everything you say boojangles.

I have nothing personal against him, he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often. 

"he done alright"??   Not bad for a lad that "can't catch or kick", two of the basic skills in football i would've thought.  There is too much expectation at club level for county players to be outstanding  every game they play. Everyone is entitled to an off day. You've already upgraded him from useless to alright so he'l soon be man of the match at the rate your backtracking cavan4ever. Hard to see how they'd play better without one of their best players, good job your not picking the team. Would they play better without Waters and James aswell ?
""he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often"   If he always does his best,how does he let himself down?

Was thinking you would take the bait  ;D

He did alright last year but was poor last Saturday dont think there is any backtracking there. 

If you seen him regular you would know how good he is at catching the ball and his shooting does be terrible by times
What i should have said is that he always trys his best.  He lets himself down by playing poorly i know that he sets himself high standards and would be annoyed with how he played at the weekend.

I find it hard to believe you would post a comment insulting one of your own clubmates just so i would take the bait. Why not insult my club like you did before, begrudgery seems to be your strong point. I dont see many other posters running down their own team mates, most people would naturally defend them. The only conclusion i can come to is that you have an axe to grind with the lad and you feel that an anonymous message board is the best place to do it. Fairly pathetic if you ask me. I doubt if your as brave to his face cavan4ever. As for backtracking, do you actually read your own posts? I happen to attend alot of Drung's games as I live in the next parish and your talking shite

Tell me where i back tracked and i will hold my hands up if i did.  At the start of my message i said something about Redhills so i knew you would have a go. Good man going to Drung games would you not be better off going to you own club games?  Anyway im not going to get into a battle with the likes of you  ;D

Drung

Cavan4ever=Internet warrior.
Be afraid.

boojangles

Quote from: Drung on April 20, 2009, 12:04:01 PM
QuoteLike myself he wasnt born with superb skill or talent
NEWSFLASH! Boojangles DOES NOT have superb skill and talent. Repeat, DOES NOT have superb skill and talent.
Jesus your f**king hilarious Drung-You remind me of a previous poster we had-Hollow Man.Same smart ass comments but at least he knew his football (most of the time). You act under the name of a club that I rarely hear you speak of.What do you come on to the Board for? If its to post comments like that then I would safely say that everybody (bar Mr.Pain who we all love and respect) would prefer if you fucked back to the Hoganstand. if you have got a personal thing against me-PM me and we could arrange a meeting. If you know your Cavan football enough and trace back my comments,it wouldnt be too hard to figure out who I am.

Drung

Take it easy Boojangles, just joking with ya man!

Don't post comments about yourself like that if you don't want someone to pull the piss.

I don't think I know who you are, were you playing against Kill? I have been told who Cavan4ever is actually and I'm stunned by the fella's comments on here about one of his own clubmates. I won't mention the name or hint at it though, these things should be anonymous, although anonymous personal attacks are cowardly.

I was at the Killeshandra game, we were just brutal, in the second half especially.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Drung on April 21, 2009, 03:14:31 PM
Take it easy Boojangles, just joking with ya man!

Don't post comments about yourself like that if you don't want someone to pull the piss.

I don't think I know who you are, were you playing against Kill? I have been told who Cavan4ever is actually and I'm stunned by the fella's comments on here about one of his own clubmates. I won't mention the name or hint at it though, these things should be anonymous, although anonymous personal attacks are cowardly.

I was at the Killeshandra game, we were just brutal, in the second half especially.

I know i went a  touch to far but i wasnt the only one around Drung who was saying it, he wasnt the only one who played poor either so shouldnt have singled him out. 

I have always spoke my mind here but maybe there are too many posters here to be doing that now, someone is always going to take offence. 

tierworker blue

'Tis all goin a bit Hogan Stand-esque dudes...!
Kiss and make up.     :-*

cavan4ever

Quote from: tierworker blue on April 21, 2009, 03:51:45 PM
'Tis all goin a bit Hogan Stand-esque dudes...!
Kiss and make up.     :-*

No if it was hoganstand i would have another username and log in and agree with what im saying. 

This place is gone to f**k lately in my opinion, posters are more interested in playing little games like predicting who is going to win games at the weekend than having a conversation about football.   

the salmon of knowledge

sure in fairness c4e most of the time its you getting in arguements with others with your somewhat adverse views, like your condemnation of the people of mountnugent a couple of weeks ago of your slating of galligan, the man whom you loved so much, that you declared your hate for mountnugent, cause 1 fella from mtnugent slagged him from the stands!!
people are allowed predict the scores... sure its 1 of the things sites like this is for!
quit whingeing

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on April 21, 2009, 04:43:43 PM
sure in fairness c4e most of the time its you getting in arguements with others with your somewhat adverse views, like your condemnation of the people of mountnugent a couple of weeks ago of your slating of galligan, the man whom you loved so much, that you declared your hate for mountnugent, cause 1 fella from mtnugent slagged him from the stands!!
people are allowed predict the scores... sure its 1 of the things sites like this is for!
quit whingeing

Your not going to get me going on that again. 

Yeah work away with your little games.

put-it-up

Lads, take a chill pill and unknot your knickers!

I think we need a good debate going on football matters, to help you's rowdy pups settle down!

I see the post reviewed the NFL campaign this year, how about we do something simuilar based on the Cavan team.

Most Improved player:
Most consistent:
Rising Star:
Best at the Back:
Worst attitude:
Best Attitude:
Someone who deserves a call up:
One to drop off panel:
Most underachieving player:
Unfittest:
Three players to call up from U21's
Should McKeever be back:
Flanagan's best Position:
your choice of captain:
Is Mulvey good enough:

Feel free to add to the list but keep answers short and sweet

BallyhaiseMan

Most Improved player: John McCutcheon
Most consistent: Miller(consistently brilliant)
Rising Star: Ray
Best at the Back: John McCutcheon
Worst attitude: Sean Johnston
Best Attitude:  Eddie Reily/Ciaran Galligan
Someone who deserves a call up: Eoin Smith
One to drop off panel:None.
Most underachieving player: Michael Lyng
Unfittest: Podge/Rory Dunne-both were out on their feet against Louth
Three players to call up from U21's: None of them are ready
Should McKeever be back: Yes
Flanagan's best Position: Half Back
your choice of captain: Flanagan is a good choice
Is Mulvey good enough: For the Panel yes, For he first 15 on current form,No.

put-it-up

Good man BHM, we needed to get the topic changed on the forum before there were tears..haha

Here is mine

Most Improved player: Defintely McCutcheon
Most consistent: James Reilly - best we have got
Rising Star: Givney - just need to be polished off
Best at the Back: McCutcheon
Worst attitude: Jelly
Best Attitude: Ciaran
Someone who deserves a call up: John Tierney, if he's fit
One to drop off panel:Podge, his lack of pace
Most underachieving player: Lyng
Unfittest: Derm
Three players to call up from U21's: Prob too many of them already on it
Should McKeever be back:Yep
Flanagan's best Position:WHB
your choice of captain:Fla is the best at the minute
Is Mulvey good enough: Not IMO

big balla

Quote from: RednBlack on April 20, 2009, 10:44:34 PM
Quote from: big balla on April 20, 2009, 09:52:23 PM
Quote from: RednBlack on April 18, 2009, 08:36:26 PM
Div 1 Redhills 1-08 Killygarry 0-13 (0-11 to 0-01 up at half time. Paddy Galligan peno save in last seconds to hang on!!! Phew)

Belturbet beat Gaels by 3 points.

Div 3 Killygarry 0-06 Swanlinbar 2-16 (McKiernan/Cunningham show)

what did you think of the game at the wkd rednblack? tight finish, couldn't believe it at the end!!
thank god gerry sheridan was too busy keeping lads out of the D and not seeing that Paddy was on top of your lad when he kicked the peno. Gerry seemed a long way of the pace and made a lot of decisions from way off the action. Exciting game though and those goals in Redhills will never change. All scores seem to go in there. I heard the same happened against Laragh on Sunday except the other way around and ended in a draw. Your lads played some lovely football in the second half. That Walsh lad looked handy. Thought our management lost the plot in bringing Ted out to midfield. Should have left him where he was and those runs through the middle would have been a lot more difficult  ;D

thats always the way but i dont remember scoring in them too often!!

big balla

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 21, 2009, 08:16:20 AM
Quote from: big balla on April 20, 2009, 09:43:51 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 20, 2009, 08:28:54 AM
Quote from: big balla on April 19, 2009, 09:52:56 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 19, 2009, 12:10:35 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 19, 2009, 11:40:56 AM
I didn't mean a formal player of the year award but from what I heard he was their main man last year. Do you have something personal against Galligan, you should declare it now if you do. You seem to be implying he is an arogant sort of lad - I don't know him so I wouldn't know. From what I've seen of him he is a worker and an honest footballer and Cavan don't have too many of those.

He done alright but wasnt main man.  

I agree with everything you say boojangles.

I have nothing personal against him, he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often. 

"he done alright"??   Not bad for a lad that "can't catch or kick", two of the basic skills in football i would've thought.  There is too much expectation at club level for county players to be outstanding  every game they play. Everyone is entitled to an off day. You've already upgraded him from useless to alright so he'l soon be man of the match at the rate your backtracking cavan4ever. Hard to see how they'd play better without one of their best players, good job your not picking the team. Would they play better without Waters and James aswell ?
""he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often"   If he always does his best,how does he let himself down?

Was thinking you would take the bait  ;D

He did alright last year but was poor last Saturday dont think there is any backtracking there. 

If you seen him regular you would know how good he is at catching the ball and his shooting does be terrible by times
What i should have said is that he always trys his best.  He lets himself down by playing poorly i know that he sets himself high standards and would be annoyed with how he played at the weekend.

I find it hard to believe you would post a comment insulting one of your own clubmates just so i would take the bait. Why not insult my club like you did before, begrudgery seems to be your strong point. I dont see many other posters running down their own team mates, most people would naturally defend them. The only conclusion i can come to is that you have an axe to grind with the lad and you feel that an anonymous message board is the best place to do it. Fairly pathetic if you ask me. I doubt if your as brave to his face cavan4ever. As for backtracking, do you actually read your own posts? I happen to attend alot of Drung's games as I live in the next parish and your talking shite

Tell me where i back tracked and i will hold my hands up if i did.  At the start of my message i said something about Redhills so i knew you would have a go. Good man going to Drung games would you not be better off going to you own club games?  Anyway im not going to get into a battle with the likes of you  ;D

i go to as many of my club games as i can, but i have an interest in football in general and go to lots of our neighbouring clubs games,the likes of ballyhaise, bulersbridge and yourselves. I didn come on this board to have spats with people, but i just couldn't understand saying something like that about your clubmate. Drung seems to have figured who you are, i didnt think he was the type to hold back. Less of the negative stuff cavan4ever, try supporting your club instead and we'l all be the better for it. you dont want to become just another begrudger standing on the sideline givin out nonstop about everything from the ref to the price of bagged stuff, there's a few in every club. in the infamous words of Mr.PAIN, rant over!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 21, 2009, 06:15:56 PM

Most Improved player: John McCutcheon
Most consistent: Miller(consistently brilliant)
Rising Star: Ray
Best at the Back: John McCutcheon
Worst attitude: Sean Johnston
Best Attitude:  Eddie Reily/Ciaran Galligan
Someone who deserves a call up: Eoin Smith
One to drop off panel:None.
Most underachieving player: Michael Lyng
Unfittest: Podge/Rory Dunne-both were out on their feet against Louth
Three players to call up from U21's: None of them are ready
Should McKeever be back: Yes
Flanagan's best Position: Half Back
your choice of captain: Flanagan is a good choice
Is Mulvey good enough: For the Panel yes, For he first 15 on current form,No.

Can't really disagree with you BHM except that McCabe is probably less fit than the two boys you listed. And there's another place Johnston could be put if he doesn't quit acting like some of the boys on here. :P