Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 19, 2009, 11:02:15 AM
Drung play better when galligan isn't about? Thats a bit of a stupid statement considering he was  their player of the year last year. Great to see the leaguers start so well but they did the same last year too before fading out towards the end of the season.

Did he make that up himself or is it just you saying it?

mylestheslasher

I didn't mean a formal player of the year award but from what I heard he was their main man last year. Do you have something personal against Galligan, you should declare it now if you do. You seem to be implying he is an arogant sort of lad - I don't know him so I wouldn't know. From what I've seen of him he is a worker and an honest footballer and Cavan don't have too many of those.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 19, 2009, 11:40:56 AM
I didn't mean a formal player of the year award but from what I heard he was their main man last year. Do you have something personal against Galligan, you should declare it now if you do. You seem to be implying he is an arogant sort of lad - I don't know him so I wouldn't know. From what I've seen of him he is a worker and an honest footballer and Cavan don't have too many of those.

He done alright but wasnt main man.  

I agree with everything you say boojangles.

I have nothing personal against him, he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often. 

Lawrence of Knockbride

Was McCormack playing for ye Boojangles? Heard he had a slight mishap (say no more). Bad result for ye. Wouldn't get too concerned about the leaguers. No full forward line. Teams need to drop their half-forward line deep to counter their strong running IMO. Haven't seen the stars yet but a very good result for them yesterday. And anyone see the rories win?

big balla

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 19, 2009, 12:10:35 PM

I have nothing personal against him, he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often. 

"he done alright"??   Not bad for a lad that "can't catch or kick", two of the basic skills in football i would've thought.  There is too much expectation at club level for county players to be outstanding  every game they play. Everyone is entitled to an off day. You've already upgraded him from useless to alright so he'l soon be man of the match at the rate your backtracking cavan4ever. Hard to see how they'd play better without one of their best players, good job your not picking the team. Would they play better without Waters and James aswell ?
""he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often"   If he always does his best,how does he let himself down?

cavan4ever

Quote from: big balla on April 19, 2009, 09:52:56 PM

"he done alright"??   Not bad for a lad that "can't catch or kick", two of the basic skills in football i would've thought.  There is too much expectation at club level for county players to be outstanding  every game they play. Everyone is entitled to an off day. You've already upgraded him from useless to alright so he'l soon be man of the match at the rate your backtracking cavan4ever. Hard to see how they'd play better without one of their best players, good job your not picking the team. Would they play better without Waters and James aswell ?
""he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often"   If he always does his best,how does he let himself down?

Was thinking you would take the bait  ;D

He did alright last year but was poor last Saturday dont think there is any backtracking there. 

If you seen him regular you would know how good he is at catching the ball and his shooting does be terrible by times
What i should have said is that he always trys his best.  He lets himself down by playing poorly i know that he sets himself high standards and would be annoyed with how he played at the weekend.

cavan4sam

Just a quick comment on the Castlerahan v Denn game on Saturday evening, Castlerahan were very good but I dont think I have seen a team as bad a s Denn in a long time, in my opinion they will definitely be relegated this year, dont see any hope for them. Castlerahan Kicked 16 points, 12 from play and probably should have had another 5. The three county men were playing for us, Ronan centre half back, Cian on the 40 and Sean full forward - wearing a mask to protect his nose.

boojangles

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 19, 2009, 12:58:27 PM
Was McCormack playing for ye Boojangles? Heard he had a slight mishap (say no more). Bad result for ye. Wouldn't get too concerned about the leaguers. No full forward line. Teams need to drop their half-forward line deep to counter their strong running IMO. Haven't seen the stars yet but a very good result for them yesterday. And anyone see the rories win?
Enda was playing surely,at Midfield and was outstanding.Didnt hear anything about a mishap?? I wasnt chatting him after match.Would you PM me?

Drung

QuoteLike myself he wasnt born with superb skill or talent
NEWSFLASH! Boojangles DOES NOT have superb skill and talent. Repeat, DOES NOT have superb skill and talent.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Drung on April 20, 2009, 12:04:01 PM
QuoteLike myself he wasnt born with superb skill or talent
NEWSFLASH! Boojangles DOES NOT have superb skill and talent. Repeat, DOES NOT have superb skill and talent.

Whats the point in that?

Homer

Ballinagh beat Lavey at the weekend in a very tight and hard fought game. Lavey were largely dominant at midfield but luckily a much-improved performance by our lads at the back denied any advantage. Ballinagh weren't their sharpest up front but just did enough to get a gritty win and most importantly two points. Damien McInerney, Podge and Niall McDermott were probably the pick of our lads.

The Rories are up next. I didn't hear much from their weekend defeat of the Gaels, but they will be very hard stopped.

CC1

Quote from: put-it-up on April 17, 2009, 02:20:11 PM
ACFL Predictions Weekend 17/04/09
Shercock v Cavan Gaels: Shercock are poor and the Gaels will ease past them.
:o ;D
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Babe Ruth 47

anyone know the fixtures for this weekend. Attempting to organize a weekend of filth aound football fixtures and an aniversary mass

big balla

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 20, 2009, 08:28:54 AM
Quote from: big balla on April 19, 2009, 09:52:56 PM

"he done alright"??   Not bad for a lad that "can't catch or kick", two of the basic skills in football i would've thought.  There is too much expectation at club level for county players to be outstanding  every game they play. Everyone is entitled to an off day. You've already upgraded him from useless to alright so he'l soon be man of the match at the rate your backtracking cavan4ever. Hard to see how they'd play better without one of their best players, good job your not picking the team. Would they play better without Waters and James aswell ?
""he is a honest man and will always do his best but lets himself down with his performances too often"   If he always does his best,how does he let himself down?

Was thinking you would take the bait  ;D

He did alright last year but was poor last Saturday dont think there is any backtracking there. 

If you seen him regular you would know how good he is at catching the ball and his shooting does be terrible by times
What i should have said is that he always trys his best.  He lets himself down by playing poorly i know that he sets himself high standards and would be annoyed with how he played at the weekend.

I find it hard to believe you would post a comment insulting one of your own clubmates just so i would take the bait. Why not insult my club like you did before, begrudgery seems to be your strong point. I dont see many other posters running down their own team mates, most people would naturally defend them. The only conclusion i can come to is that you have an axe to grind with the lad and you feel that an anonymous message board is the best place to do it. Fairly pathetic if you ask me. I doubt if your as brave to his face cavan4ever. As for backtracking, do you actually read your own posts? I happen to attend alot of Drung's games as I live in the next parish and your talking shite

big balla

Quote from: RednBlack on April 18, 2009, 08:36:26 PM
Div 1 Redhills 1-08 Killygarry 0-13 (0-11 to 0-01 up at half time. Paddy Galligan peno save in last seconds to hang on!!! Phew)

Belturbet beat Gaels by 3 points.

Div 3 Killygarry 0-06 Swanlinbar 2-16 (McKiernan/Cunningham show)

what did you think of the game at the wkd rednblack? tight finish, couldn't believe it at the end!!