Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Bottom Brick has now added "tr**p" and "thug" to his comments on two Tipperary players.   I can think of a word that rhymes with Brick that would describe him perfectly.   I'd say he is embarassing the true sporting Cavan fans.  Anyway, good luck to Cavan for the rest of the season.  If they play like they did in the first half, they will do fine against Sligo and Wexford.

cavan4ever

Onlooker almost every team has one or two players that opposing supporters would call a tr**p or a thug.

Onlooker

That's fair enough Cavan4ever, but I did not see any player on the Cavan team yesterday, that I would call a tr**p or a thug or a kn**ker.  Neither did any Tipperary player do anything yesterday to deserve such abuse.   

BallyhaiseMan

im guessing the Donal Thomas experiment is over?
just dont think hes senior county material at present unfortunately.
Onlooker I wish yourself and Tipp the best of luck for the rest of the year,You've been a real asset to this thread for the last 4/5 days.  :)

The Bottom Brick

Only messing Onlooker! :D

The whole Tipp team were absolute sportsmen to their fingertips, they didn't start fouling when the game was gone from them and in no way did Tipp's full back (Foley?) trip Cavan players or constantly dig Rory Gallagher in the back when the ball was up the other end of the field!

I made it all up for the craic!

Come on, get a grip. Every team in this day and age has a couple of filthy players (I know we have a couple) so don't take it as a personal insult when I highlight the carry on of your number three.

Unless, of course, you ARE your number three...
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

cavan4ever

cavanmaniac

Sligo next at home under lights on Saturday March 10th.

Then it's Antrim away, Wexford at home - make or break game for us - and finally away to our great rivals Waterford.

Meath finish up away to Wexford, Sligo have to go there as well after playing us so they could be out of the picture by then depending on how they fare out.

cavan4ever

Anyone alive out dere???

Any news on rabitte getting back soon if it gets much later he won't have much match practice before the championship.  He has missed alot with injury and same goes for lyng so i wonder will either play much part in the championship.

cavanmaniac

I'd say the next game against the tougher opposition will be where they'll get re-introduced...Lyng for one can't be far off.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 27, 2007, 05:13:18 PM
Anyone alive out dere???

Any news on rabitte getting back soon if it gets much later he won't have much match practice before the championship.  He has missed alot with injury and same goes for lyng so i wonder will either play much part in the championship.

This is a very good point. At the moment we have three of our most important players not featuring in matches in Rabbitte, Lyng and Gaynor. At least Lyng and Rabbitte are on the panel and have some hope of being match fit for the championship, as long as they get a few games soon. If Gaynor isn't called in to the panel very soon then he will simply not be ready to feature in the summer. I think that unless we are missing some vital information, then this is a very very stupid stance by Keoghan. I can see it now when we get bet in a big match due to not having a tough tacker at CB. Where was gaynor everyone will ask?? What is even more baffling is that Gaynors dedication has never been in doubt, even when the rest of the team (including this yrs captain) were all taking the piss. The lad is mad to play for Cavan which is one of the most important attributes a player can have. So Mr Keoghan, get your thick ass in gear and get Gaynor back on the panel.

Anyone frequenting the imperial of a weekend might pass my message on for me. Cheers.

cavan4ever

i wouldn't hold going on a holiday against him.  Can't see him being back this year now anyway.

As for lyng i heard that about him aswell. i wonder will he ever be the same again.

Hank Everlast

maybe its not keoghan that doesnt want him back on the panel... isnt grimley the selector?!

cavanmaniac

I thought with Grimley's Armagh background, Gaynor would have been a first choice given his teak-tough no-nonsense approach to the game. Ach sure who knows, in the absence of anythign said by management all's we can do is speculate. BNut I would reckon we'lll sorely miss him before the year is out, mark my words. We're in trouble all the time at centre-back and full-back and if you're in trouble there you're in trouble everywhere.

Regarding Lyng, I think we should bear in mind that he got an awful injury, but also almost died shortly afterwards because of some sort of unrelated bowel complaint. He was literally hours from dying. I'd say that's what's preying on the lad's mind and let's face it, a near death experience would make most of us view something as trivial as football in a slightly different light. Hopefully he'll be coaxed back to full health - physical and mental - before too long. But if he's going to be part of the plan for the summer, he needs to be dipping his toe in now.

cavan4ever

Were in a bad way for a full-back alright, rabibite seems to be the only option and if he isn't fit were screwed. 

mylestheslasher

How long did gaynor take off??? I reckon he went for 4 weeks maximum. Look up at Tyrone, there lads went for months and were still brought back into the panel. For christ sake he had a tough year playing football  non stop. Bottom Brick - you seem to have a serious problem with Gaynor, is it anything personal? I have never heard stories of him boozing when he shouldn't have been. Not like McKeever who spent a day in Killeshandra on the piss when he should have been at a Cavan v Dublin match in Bawn, a day we got a serious hammering. There is no love lost between my club and Ballinagh, but I still think Gaynor will be badly missed and I think the vast majority of Cavan supporters would rather him in the panel as an option at least.

At full back we are very thin on the ground. I find it very odd that we have not looked at someone else in there. I can't say forde has played one game well this year yet back there. He is a half back in my opinion, or maybe a half forward.