Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: put-it-up on April 10, 2009, 02:06:45 PM
Ballinagh v Castlerahan - Home side have been poor this year, but to overcome Castlerahan who are without Mackey, Flanagan and Brady.

Bear in mind that Ballinagh have to forfeit home advantage so this game will take place in Ballyduff.

Homer

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=109931

Carr given Wee boost
10 April 2009

Cavan boss Tommy Carr has been dealt a major boost ahead of this Sunday's NFL meeting with Louth, with the news that attacker Gerald Pierson will be available for the trip to Drogheda.

The Gowna clubman missed out on the majority of the Breffni County's Division Three campaign through a long injury-lay-off but looks set play some part against Eamonn McEneaney's team this weekend. His return should help provide Carr's side with the goal-scoring touch they've lacked throughout the entire NFL this year, with their last goal coming from Pierson in the McKenna Cup against Armagh.

"We're not sure if we're going to be picking him (Pierson) straight from the off, but we'd like to be springing him into action at some stage of the game," said the Cavan boss.

Other returnees for the trip to the Wee County include defender Michael Hannon and forward players Cian Mackey and Ray Cullivan, who have both recovered from the mumps.

The only absentee for the Breffni men looks to be half-back Johnny Crowe, who is expected to be out for a number of weeks after pulling ankle ligaments while playing for his club Crosserlough.

Babe Ruth 47

I'll give it another rattle

Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1 Round 5

Denn v Gowna - Denn
Ballinagh v Castlerahan  - Balinagh
Cavan Gaels v Lavey  - Cavan Gaels
Cuchulainns v Belturbet – Cuchulainns
Killygarry v Ramor Utd - Killygarry
Crosserlough v Redhills - Redhills
Mullahoran v Lacken - Mullahoran

Cathal Brady Audi A.C.F.L. Division 2 Round 5
Cootehill v Drumalee - Cootehill
Crosserlough v Drumgoon - Drumgoon
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise -Killeshandra
Cavan Gaels v Drung - Drung
Kingscourt v Shercock - Kingscourt
Killinkere v Knockbride - Knockbride
Drumlane v Kill - Drumlane

John Brady Insurances Ltd A.C.F.L. Division 3 Round 5
Munterconnacht v Templeport -Munrirconnaught
Ballymachugh v Corlough - Ballymachugh
Butlersbridge v Cornafean - Bridge
Shannon Gaels v Laragh Utd - Laragh
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - Baileboro
Kildallon v Killygarry - Killygarry
Mountnugent v Arva - Arva

BallyhaiseMan

Denn v Gowna - Gowna
Ballinagh v Castlerahan  - Castlerahan
Cavan Gaels v Lavey  - Cavan Gaels
Cuchulainns v Belturbet – Belturbet
Killygarry v Ramor Utd - Killygarry
Mullahoran v Lacken - Mullahoran

Cootehill v Drumalee - Drumalee
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise -draw
Cavan Gaels v Drung - Cavan Gaels
Killinkere v Knockbride - Knockbride

Munterconnacht v Templeport -Muntirconnaught
Butlersbridge v Cornafean - B'Bridge
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - Baileboro
Kildallon v Killygarry - KIldallon
Mountnugent v Arva - Mountnugent

Celt_Man

Sure if everyone else is doing it why shouldn't I....

Denn v Gowna - Gowna to continue after last week's win
Ballinagh v Castlerahan  - I reckon Ballinagh will sneak this one even away from home
Cavan Gaels v Lavey  - CG cant look past them
Cuchulainns v Belturbet – really not too sure, going for a draw
Killygarry v Ramor Utd - Ramor to win this one
Crosserlough v Redhills - I think Redhills might have too much for Clough
Mullahoran v Lacken - Lacken to sneak this one county men a big loss for Mullahorn

Cootehill v Drumalee - Not gonna open my mouth, not gonna put the B L I N K on it either way
Crosserlough v Drumgoon - You'd have to expect goonies to win but Clough have come close against ourselves and drumalee last week so I'm gonna say Draw
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise - think killeshandra will continue to impress and win by couple of points
Cavan Gaels v Drung - Drung have to start getting points on the board and I'm backing them to start this wkend, drung to win
Kingscourt v Shercock - Have to say Kingscourt but they will only do it by 2 points or so, shercock will improve from last week
Killinkere v Knockbride - Knockbride by 4 or 5
Drumlane v Kill - Can't look past Drumlane, Kill aren't great

Munterconnacht v Templeport - Not sure at all, both teams have been going well enough - draw
Ballymachugh v Corlough - Ballymachugh by 3 or more
Butlersbridge v Cornafean - Bridge but it'll be close
Shannon Gaels v Laragh Utd - Another tough away game for Laragh but fancy them to come through by couple of points
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - this is gonna be tight, I think Swad will grab both points here, they will gutted after throwing away a huge lead away to laragh last week
Kildallon v Killygarry -  home win by a few points
Mountnugent v Arva - Mountnugent to struggle without the big man, so Arva by a few points
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Drung

Denn v Gowna - Draw
Ballinagh v Castlerahan  - Ballinagh
Cavan Gaels v Lavey  - Gaels
Cuchulainns v Belturbet – A lot depends on if Jason plays. If he does, Belturbet. If not... still Belturbet but by less!
Killygarry v Ramor Utd - Ramor
Mullahoran v Lacken - OFF I think

Cootehill v Drumalee - draw
Killeshandra v Ballyhaise - Ballyhaise
Cavan Gaels v Drung - Gaels all the way I'm afraid
Killinkere v Knockbride - Killinkere

Munterconnacht v Templeport - Munchies
Butlersbridge v Cornafean - Cornafean. Wouldn't rule out a draw
Swanlinbar v Bailieboro - Bailieboro
Kildallon v Killygarry -  Killygarry
Mountnugent v Arva - Mountnugent, without Givney, are still better than Arva

cavan4ever

Drung beat Gaels by a goal.

Gaels beat lavey by 8 points.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Think I heard that Redhills beat Crosserlough and that Ballyhaise & Killeshandra drew. Strange enough the Killygarry game being called off half way through. Don't remember that ever happening before.

Celt_Man

Heard Kingscourt won by 12 or so. Knockbride by 3, Kill beat Drumlane by 2. And I don't want to talk about our game
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 11, 2009, 09:16:38 PM
Heard Kingscourt won by 12 or so. Knockbride by 3, Kill beat Drumlane by 2. And I don't want to talk about our game
Did yourself & Boojangles fall out? ;D
Kingscourt are flying and what happened Drumlane?
Homer, your crowd seem to be in trouble?

cavan4ever

Heard a few stores about Redhills game best one was they were down by 5 with 3 minutes to go and got 2-1 in last few minutes.  Hope they get whats coming to them soon getting very hard to listen to some of them lads  :-X . There on some run though.

Cant believe Kill beat Drumlane.

Babe Ruth 47

Shannon Gaels beat Laragh
Kildallon beat Killygarry
Ballymachugh beat Corlough

BallyhaiseMan

well another defeat, im off out for a few ,but some of our exiles,Maniac/Myles etc might not have been at the game,so here it goes.

Cavan 2-13 Louth 2-16

Cavan played some good football at times, but once again some serious weaknesses have been exploited by Louth,
The Full back line was at sea,too loose marking their men, i was scared shitless, everytime the ball went in high, Louth could have had 3 more goals.
Midfield without Galligan was seriously done for pace,
And we still havent figured out how to play against a crowded defense.
Shooting was terrible in the first half

1.Fintan Reily, Terrific save in the first half, kickouts were good,Solid game and couldnt do anything for either goal. 7

2.Michael Brides, ive always been a fan of Brides robust style of play,but he was seriously roasted by Colm Judge today, just hasnt the speed anymore. 5

3.Rory Dunne, good on the ball,but hes not the answer at full back, was pushed around by Shane Lennon,Will start come the championship but not at full back. 6

4.Michael Hannon, Worst game ive ever seen H play,Darren Clarke scored something like 1-5, 1-6 most of it from play.There has to be a problem with fitness or injuries there because Hannon has kept much better players than clarke quiet. 5

5.John McCutcheon, got on an obscene amount of ball, yellow carded when he cleaned one of the louth men out of it, done ok, certain strarter for me come the championship. 7

6.Gunner, gave away the first point,but was fairly steady thereafter,Best option we have for Centre Half. 7

7.Podge, i thought this was podges best performance for a long time in a Cavan shirt, finished well for the goal, drove forward at pace,
His lack of acceleration wasnt exploited on the wing.
Dont know if you can afford himself and Rory Dunne due to their lack of pace. 7

8.Nicholas Walsh,put himself about, got on alot of ball,made a good catch or two,competed well ine the air,
But he was taken to the cleaners by Paddy Keenan on the ground, Keenan must have scored 3 or 4 from play, Replaced by McCabe. 6

9.Lorcan Mulvey, replaced after 20 minutes by Eugene Keating, He found Ronan Carroll's pace hard to stay with, But he was perhaps unfortunate to be taken off. 6

10.Ray Cullivan,Ray done some good stuff, won good ball and good passes but he also done stupid things,like try and bull through 2 and 3 players at a time, and kicked some poor wides Fairly solid performance. 7

11.Michael Lyng, Still searching for his big performance after his injuries, He was solid,sprayed alot of ball around and was always an option for a pass,But again like Ray missed some bad wides. 7

12.Ronan Flanagan, Rony's worst performance in a Cavan shirt in my opinion,He didnt exert himself into the game like he usually does,and didnt impact the game. 5

13.Larry Reily, Larry had few wild shots, and was replaced after about  25 minutes by Martin Reily, perhaps unfair,

14.Seanie Johnston,he was virtually assaulted throughout the whole game today, and got nothing from the tool of a referee, also done some stupid things,but also kicked some great scores,Another day and another referee, hed have had about 5 or 6 more frees. 7

15.Eddie Reily, He was poor in the first half,but terrific in the second half, kicked 2 great points from play,chased harried everything,taken off near the end. 7

subs
McCabe on for Walsh
Keating for Mulvey--- kicked a good score, but was lethargic in the most his man,number 7 done a serious amount of damage.
Martin Reily----- decent enough performance, didnt impact the game as much as we know he can.
Pierson, came on near the end, as a replacement for the carded McCutcheon
Givney replaced Eddie,didnt see much ball.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 12, 2009, 06:38:20 PM
well another defeat, im off out for a few ,but some of our exiles,Maniac/Myles etc might not have been at the game,so here it goes.

Cavan 2-13 Louth 2-16

Cavan played some good football at times, but once again some serious weaknesses have been exploited by Louth,
The Full back line was at sea,too loose marking their men, i was scared shitless, everytime the ball went in high, Louth could have had 3 more goals.
Midfield without Galligan was seriously done for pace,
And we still havent figured out how to play against a crowded defense.
Shooting was terrible in the first half

1.Fintan Reily, Terrific save in the first half, kickouts were good,Solid game and couldnt do anything for either goal. 7

2.Michael Brides, ive always been a fan of Brides robust style of play,but he was seriously roasted by Colm Judge today, just hasnt the speed anymore. 5

3.Rory Dunne, good on the ball,but hes not the answer at full back, was pushed around by Shane Lennon,Will start come the championship but not at full back. 6

4.Michael Hannon, Worst game ive ever seen H play,Darren Clarke scored something like 1-5, 1-6 most of it from play.There has to be a problem with fitness or injuries there because Hannon has kept much better players than clarke quiet. 5

5.John McCutcheon, got on an obscene amount of ball, yellow carded when he cleaned one of the louth men out of it, done ok, certain strarter for me come the championship. 7

6.Gunner, gave away the first point,but was fairly steady thereafter,Best option we have for Centre Half. 7

7.Podge, i thought this was podges best performance for a long time in a Cavan shirt, finished well for the goal, drove forward at pace,
His lack of acceleration wasnt exploited on the wing.
Dont know if you can afford himself and Rory Dunne due to their lack of pace. 7

8.Nicholas Walsh,put himself about, got on alot of ball,made a good catch or two,competed well ine the air,
But he was taken to the cleaners by Paddy Keenan on the ground, Keenan must have scored 3 or 4 from play, Replaced by McCabe. 6

9.Lorcan Mulvey, replaced after 20 minutes by Eugene Keating, He found Ronan Carroll's pace hard to stay with, But he was perhaps unfortunate to be taken off. 6

10.Ray Cullivan,Ray done some good stuff, won good ball and good passes but he also done stupid things,like try and bull through 2 and 3 players at a time, and kicked some poor wides Fairly solid performance. 7

11.Michael Lyng, Still searching for his big performance after his injuries, He was solid,sprayed alot of ball around and was always an option for a pass,But again like Ray missed some bad wides. 7

12.Ronan Flanagan, Rony's worst performance in a Cavan shirt in my opinion,He didnt exert himself into the game like he usually does,and didnt impact the game. 5

13.Larry Reily, Larry had few wild shots, and was replaced after about  25 minutes by Martin Reily, perhaps unfair,

14.Seanie Johnston,he was virtually assaulted throughout the whole game today, and got nothing from the tool of a referee, also done some stupid things,but also kicked some great scores,Another day and another referee, hed have had about 5 or 6 more frees. 7

15.Eddie Reily, He was poor in the first half,but terrific in the second half, kicked 2 great points from play,chased harried everything,taken off near the end. 7

subs
McCabe on for Walsh
Keating for Mulvey--- kicked a good score, but was lethargic in the most his man,number 7 done a serious amount of damage.
Martin Reily----- decent enough performance, didnt impact the game as much as we know he can.
Pierson, came on near the end, as a replacement for the carded McCutcheon
Givney replaced Eddie,didnt see much ball.

Almost not arsed to argue with you BH man but............
.....................Agree, Dunne good footballer - not a FB
I thought Lyng was poor.
I thought Keating carried the ball well for us.
Podge looked good going forward.
Their two wing-backs did most of the damage coming forward so think you're a little harsh on Hannon although he is off the pace of things.
Johnson is the Ronaldo of Cavan football. Anyone who likes Ronaldo will like him. Anyone with sense won't. He can't stand to attention for a minute silence or the National Anthem, tying his laces and talking to the lads. He's been in the papers talking about how the players attitudes need to be right for every game  :D He was fouled all day I agree and he also kicked some nice scores but every foul he gave away he had something to say, he pushed his player in retaliation on more than one occasion causing the ball to be brought forward. To be honest I'm sick looking at him and if he decided that his ever-so complicated life needed him to go to Australia or wherever then I'd be glad to see the back of him. Now easy on the abuse lads, i'm at the end of a long league campaign. ;)

put-it-up

anyone know why miller was not in goals?who was the sub keeper then, did elliott come in?