Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Ballyhaise 0-10 Cavan Gaels B 1-13

we were awful, Gaels youngsters
Martin Dunne,Niall Smith, and particularly Robert Maloney Derham at midfield and Kevin Meehan at wing back were terrific.
We are understrength at the moment
Missing 6 definite starters come championship, in Michael Rooney,Colm Reily,Sean Mac,Fergal Slowey,Ray and Ali Pickett.
At this moment in time we just arent strong enough.

Celt_Man

We beat Kill by 7 points, Drumgoon were beaten by 4, Kingscourt beat Drung and Drumlane won by a point
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Drumgoon beaten by Killeshandra suprised me a bit,but in reality i shouldnt be,Killeshandra have some terrific young talent in their club
Drumlane winning up in Knockbride is a definite suprise.

cavan4ever

Dont know how we are going to manage to avoid relegationg.  0 from 4 and the Gaels next weekend without County players. >:(

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 05, 2009, 05:48:23 PM
Dont know how we are going to manage to avoid relegationg.  0 from 4 and the Gaels next weekend without County players. >:(

i would say you would be alright.

id imagine you will pick up more points than Kill and Crosserlough B team over the 13 games.

Think we can kiss promotion goodbye after today,
Pick up a few more wins,get a bit up the table and concentrate on the championship.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 05, 2009, 05:52:56 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on April 05, 2009, 05:48:23 PM

i would say you would be alright.

id imagine you will pick up more points than Kill and Crosserlough B team over the 13 games.

Think we can kiss promotion goodbye after today,
Pick up a few more wins,get a bit up the table and concentrate on the championship.
Hope you right wont be any easy games though.

boojangles

Drumalee won by a point. Deserved to win nothing but a wins a win. Bit suprised by Ballyhaise result. Many of the Seniors make an appearance? Just heard Nelligan came on. I wouldnt rule promotion out just yet BH Man, Id say it will be very tight in Div 2 this year with about 4-5 teams in contention most of the way.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on April 05, 2009, 07:21:58 PM
Drumalee won by a point. Deserved to win nothing but a wins a win. Bit suprised by Ballyhaise result. Many of the Seniors make an appearance? Just heard Nelligan came on. I wouldnt rule promotion out just yet BH Man, Id say it will be very tight in Div 2 this year with about 4-5 teams in contention most of the way.

Dominic Reily and Cormac Nelligan came on.

Their team
was
1.Paddy O Keefe
2.Paddy Heslin
3.John Reily
4.Joe Dunne
5.Kevin Meehan
6.(cant remember)
7.Christopher Quinn
8.Ed O Hanlon
9.Robert Maloney Derham
10.Alan O Riordan
11.Tommy McCormack
12.Niall Smith
13.Conor McClarey
14.Levi Murphy
15.Martin Dunne

Declan Meehan
Cormac Nelligan
Domninic Reily
some other small red haired lad were the subs

Homer

Ballinagh were well beaten by Gowna at the weekend. Final score something like 3-09 to 0.09. Ballinagh were missing a fair few players but even bearing that in mind it was a very performance. McCabe and Pierson played well and kicked almost all their scores. McKeever was fairly anonymous for much of the game bar a few nice runs.

I don't think too many of the Ballinagh boys are expected back from injury before the Castlerahen game next week so wouldn't rate our chances too highly.

BallyhaiseMan

Results from weekend and how my predictions went
Divsion 1
Catlerahan OFF Cavan Gaels       
Belturbet 2-07  Killygarry 2-11            wrong
Ramor 2-08 Crosserlough 1-06            right
Gowna 3-09 Ballinagh 0-09                wrong
Lavey 2-13 Cuchullains 0-09               wrong
Redhills 1-07 Mullahoran 1-12             right
Lacken 2-09 Denn 1-08                     right

Division 2
Drumgoon 1-06 Killeshandra 1-10       wrong
B'Haise 0-10 Cavan Gaels B  1-13       wrong
Drung 1-09  Kingscourt 2-13             Right
Shercock 0-05 Killinkere 1-14            wrong
Knockbride 1-10 Drumlane 2-08        wrong
Kill 0-09 Cootehill 2-13                      Right
Drumalee 1-10 Crosserlough B 2-06     Right

Division 3
Templeport 1-07  Ballymachugh  0-11   wrong
Corlough 0-05 B'Bridge 1-14                Right
Cornafean 1-10 S Gaels 1-08                wrong
Laragh 2-11 Swad 0-14                        Right
Baileborough 0-11 Kildallan 1-06             Right
Arva 2-10 M'Connacht 0-8                     Wrong
Killygarry 0-09 Mountnugent 1-06           Wrong

9/20,
my predictions are going about aswell as Ballyhaise are  :(                   

Babe Ruth 47

Catlerahan OFF Cavan Gaels       
Belturbet 2-07  Killygarry 2-11           o
Ramor 2-08 Crosserlough 1-06         x
Gowna 3-09 Ballinagh 0-09                x
Lavey 2-13 Cuchullains 0-09              x
Redhills 1-07 Mullahoran 1-12             o
Lacken 2-09 Denn 1-08                    0

Division 2
Drumgoon 1-06 Killeshandra 1-10      x
B'Haise 0-10 Cavan Gaels B  1-13       x
Drung 1-09  Kingscourt 2-13             o
Shercock 0-05 Killinkere 1-14            x
Knockbride 1-10 Drumlane 2-08       x
Kill 0-09 Cootehill 2-13                     o
Drumalee 1-10 Crosserlough B 2-06     o

Division 3
Templeport 1-07  Ballymachugh  0-11   x
Corlough 0-05 B'Bridge 1-14             o
Cornafean 1-10 S Gaels 1-08                o
Laragh 2-11 Swad 0-14                       o
Baileborough 0-11 Kildallan 1-06             o
Arva 2-10 M'Connacht 0-8                     o
Killygarry 0-09 Mountnugent 1-06           x

11/20 - More mid table mediocrity
Looks like junior football is my speciality

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Homer on April 07, 2009, 03:11:33 PM
Ballinagh were well beaten by Gowna at the weekend. Final score something like 3-09 to 0.09. Ballinagh were missing a fair few players but even bearing that in mind it was a very performance. McCabe and Pierson played well and kicked almost all their scores. McKeever was fairly anonymous for much of the game bar a few nice runs.

I don't think too many of the Ballinagh boys are expected back from injury before the Castlerahen game next week so wouldn't rate our chances too highly.

I heard McKeever wasn't too anonymous inside & outside the Imperial Sunday night ;)

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 07, 2009, 08:42:35 PM

I heard McKeever wasn't too anonymous inside & outside the Imperial Sunday night ;)

No need for that Lawrence thats his own business and nobody elses.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavan4ever on April 07, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on April 07, 2009, 08:42:35 PM

No need for that Lawrence thats his own business and nobody elses.
Aren't we so righteous. The wink of the eye was meant to read as a tongue in cheek comment. Funny, there was plenty to be said about the same player rolling around the ground outside the very same establishment a few months back and it seemed to all our business. Nevertheless, I apologise if anyone was offended, especially you C4E.
:D ;D ;)

the salmon of knowledge

i was in tullyvin the other night c4e and asked a local (while buying 1 of your blottos) how was phil monaghan and he told me he was coming back from an operation, ye must be fairly hampered with injury up there what about b watters? is the lad fit of what??
heard ye got a new manager any truth in that??