Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I'm all for experimenting now and getting the right lads on the panel. I can take some short term pain (i.e. loses to Longford, Tipp etc) for the long term gain. However, at the start of the year - unlike many - I was happy to say I only wanted Cavan to maintain  their Div 3 status and that promotion was not a milestone that was a must. Avoiding relegation is a must for me though. You do not want to be going around Div 4 as it is no good for developing a team. I think Sunday is a big game as we need to bury this Roscommon hoodoo and then make ourselves safe. I note our score difference is also shite which means we need to be picking up these points or we could be in trouble.

cavanmaniac

The hilarious thing is that despite doing our best not to, we continue to have a chance of promotion. Mind you, relegation is just as big a possibility as well.

We're two points off the second placed team at the moment and the way teams are taking points off each other, God knows what might happen. That said, it does look like TC is more concerned with testing his resources and so on rather than chasing the top two spots, and that's fine by me as long as we stay in Division 3. I thought we were going to kick on after the Down game but we just went back to the regular level of performance again.

I'd say if we're in danger of the drop, we'll pull a big display out again like we did in Newry and stay up.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavanmaniac on March 26, 2009, 04:28:48 PM
The hilarious thing is that despite doing our best not to, we continue to have a chance of promotion. Mind you, relegation is just as big a possibility as well.

We're two points off the second placed team at the moment and the way teams are taking points off each other, God knows what might happen. That said, it does look like TC is more concerned with testing his resources and so on rather than chasing the top two spots, and that's fine by me as long as we stay in Division 3. I thought we were going to kick on after the Down game but we just went back to the regular level of performance again.

I'd say if we're in danger of the drop, we'll pull a big display out again like we did in Newry and stay up.

...........like a tap............. :P

put-it-up

Lack of county players will affect a lot of club's this weekend. My own club won't be too badly hit though :D

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. Think Cavan are going to put in a really big performance, even better than the Down one.

Any see the Celt this week? Interesting article about the U21's exit last week.

Is Pierson fit for this weekend? We need his intelligence on the field. I think he was doing a bit of running during the week?Any got any predictions for the team or other team news?

put-it-up

By the way, I have asked this before but how come Eamon Reilly from the Gaels is not on the Cavan Panel. Don't really understand that!

BallyhaiseMan

Not sure if il get to the game Sunday as one of our lads is getting married Tommorow and the hangover will be serious. Look forward to the usual reports if i dont make it.
As for the team

cant see too many changes
id imagine the Backline will stay the same.
Probably Walsh to Midfield in place of Mulvey if hes fit enough.
Givney brought in to Full Forward.
Id love to see McCutcheon tried at Full back  but i cant see it happening.

Celt_Man

We beat Crosserlough by 2 points this evening... Disastrous start, 2 goals in the first ten minutes, 8 points down at one stage.  I think Belturbet beat their senior team handy enough before us, Jayo seemed to do well for them.
I know Kilinkere beat Drung by 4 points or so.  Any more results?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 28, 2009, 09:46:22 PM
We beat Crosserlough by 2 points this evening... Disastrous start, 2 goals in the first ten minutes, 8 points down at one stage.  I think Belturbet beat their senior team handy enough before us, Jayo seemed to do well for them.
I know Kilinkere beat Drung by 4 points or so.  Any more results?

Jayo did well? Are county men allowed play with their clubs the day before a Cavan league match?

put-it-up

bboro beat mnugent.was a dog rough game.redhills beat lacken and kingscort drew with ballyhaise.     G
Eddie at ff tomoro; flanagan a wf with gunner in at cb. Hannon is dropped, same midfield.givney in at wf.think lyng plays.

Celt_Man

No i believe a 24 man panel was named and no one in it could play

tierworker blue

Cavan 0-14 Roscommon 0-06.
Jesus those eejits on the radio would wreck your head!

Celt_Man

Poor game really but who gives a damn when we got the result. Hopefully that should see us safe only a hiding against Louth and a rake of results would see us dragged back into the relegation dog fight. The sending off for Roscommon change the game and Cavan only pulled away at that stage. 

Lawrence of Knockbride

Bang on Celt Man. Difficult game to analyse from a Cavan point of view as Roscommon were very poor. Poor shooting in the first and more mentality when they had Duning sent off. And as an aside, what an ass that lad is. Still goodperformances all over the field esp The Gunner IMO who was everywhere. Thought Flanagan also did well. But no really bad performances and I'll make an allowance for both sides due to the poor conditions. A good performance against Louth to lift the spirits and we'll be on the favourable side of average going into the championship. Anyone like the free against Dunne for his foot-block in the second half? What a decision.

boojangles

We stuttered our way through it but a wins a win.Roscommon were very poor.We are still gonna be in serious trouble in the full-back line.When they were kicking high ball in we were in serious bother.Thought referee was a joke,some of his decisions were beyond belief.
I couldnt understand them taking Givney off.The problem at that stage wasnt in the half-forwards.Niall Lynch is getting his man in there anyway.Flanagan and the Gunner were probably the pick of them,Flanagans work rate is unreal while Gunner reads the game so well.
Killeshandra bet us by 2 yesterday.

whats my name

love to know why givney was taken off???? lyng was poor again gunner was serious mccutcheon was very good Flanagan very good as well the back line was poor very small compaired to the rossies forward line and look dodgy under high balls!!!!!