Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 10:57:41 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 10, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 09:54:15 PM
Mr. Pain your'e an entertainer and welcome in my book. As for Limerick I'll go for a narrow win-2points. Celt Man, what did you make of the red card in your game on Sunday. I heard the opposition were fearing the worst for Fitzpatrick but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed. Terrible challenge. Hope it wasn't you. ???

Indeed it wasn't me... Gonna pull a Wenger on it and say I didn't see it during the game, saw it since that, yea it was a bad tackle.  Not particularly dirty just a kind of headless tackle, he didn't shoulder him or body check him really, just ran into him.
Why what was the news about him Fitzpatrick?? Didn't hear anything???
All sorts of stuff like he'd be left with a limp for life. Word is that his hip came out of it's joint and chipped a bit of bone but have since heard that it might not be that bad. All rumour but from lads that know him. These things happen.

Jaysus no one wants to be hearing things like that... Hope he will be alright...
Rumors can be sometimes a funny thing, one of our lads was in hospital recently and some of the rumors doing the rounds were so far away from the truth it was nearly funny.

To all the Dalcassians on the board, why was Waters not playing for ye on Sunday??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 11, 2009, 12:07:03 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 10:57:41 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 10, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 09:54:15 PM
Mr. Pain your'e an entertainer and welcome in my book. As for Limerick I'll go for a narrow win-2points. Celt Man, what did you make of the red card in your game on Sunday. I heard the opposition were fearing the worst for Fitzpatrick but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed. Terrible challenge. Hope it wasn't you. ???

Indeed it wasn't me... Gonna pull a Wenger on it and say I didn't see it during the game, saw it since that, yea it was a bad tackle.  Not particularly dirty just a kind of headless tackle, he didn't shoulder him or body check him really, just ran into him.
Why what was the news about him Fitzpatrick?? Didn't hear anything???
All sorts of stuff like he'd be left with a limp for life. Word is that his hip came out of it's joint and chipped a bit of bone but have since heard that it might not be that bad. All rumour but from lads that know him. These things happen.

Jaysus no one wants to be hearing things like that... Hope he will be alright...
Rumors can be sometimes a funny thing, one of our lads was in hospital recently and some of the rumors doing the rounds were so far away from the truth it was nearly funny.

To all the Dalcassians on the board, why was Waters not playing for ye on Sunday??

He had to go into hospital on Monday for tests and possibly had to be fasting for 24hrs beforehand so playing a match would have been out of the question.

Celt_Man

Fair enough, hope he'll be alright for the U21s which, by the way, have been moving under the radar ahead of the championship game against Armagh this night week...
Anyone hear anything about them, challenge games, teams etc?  Is it low key because not much is expected of them or have we, as a county, finally learned that you shouldn't hype a team up until after they have won??
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on March 11, 2009, 08:25:18 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 11, 2009, 12:41:38 AM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 10, 2009, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 10, 2009, 07:53:34 PM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 10, 2009, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 10, 2009, 04:56:55 PM
Quote from: Drung on March 10, 2009, 01:30:13 PM
He seems to be an expert from what you say, I just thought we could do with a man like that in charge.

I don't know either of you by the way.
He would be very knowlegable about the game.He has been over alot of winning teams over the years both with my own club and his home club,all the way up through underage and onto Senior level. He was never involved with any County teams but he would definitely have been alot better than some selectors we would have seen involved in Cavan teams over the years.He can read a game and wouldnt freeze along the line like alot of managers but anyway,thats life.

Hey Daddy's boy, give us a break! If he was that good he'd be considered.

Something tells me you wouldnt be mouting off as much if you werent hiding behind a pseudonym

Perhaps, "Ballyhaise Man". That's a very common name in Cavan, glad to see you're using your real name. The thing is a lot of people here need to relax. It is not too long ago that the morally proper Ballyhaise Man went on his rant about getting rid of Carr. Come on, would you say that to his face? Myles, don't tell Mr. Pain to button it. Celt Man, as C4ever said, relax. Finally, Boojangles, Drung set you up nicely for that rant you made. Obviously, sarcasm is alien to you. Rant over!

dont see whats wrong with ranting about a sacking a manager,nothing personal in that.
You however are just trying to get a rise out of boojangles, let me tell you, knowing who he is, you would want to be a fairly tough lad to mouth off to him in person.  ;)

:D Was it one of the Derry lads that got a bit of a clip around the ears for mouthing off about someone on gaaboard.

Yeh one of the Derry lads got assaulted over something he supposedly said on here  :o . Dangerous place to start mouthing off because as we said before while we dont have a massive amount of Cavan posters, we have alot more lads on the county team and on club teams who read this board and thread in particular.

Maximus Marillius

Yes that is true...he said something about s'neil(or spmeone from S'neil) and they ganged up (thats there way ;)) and he got a bit of a beating. Throwing water is progress thou from throwing a punch :D

Mr. Pain

He seems to be an expert from what you say, I just thought we could do with a man like that in charge.

He would be very knowlegable about the game.He has been over alot of winning teams over the years both with my own club and his home club,all the way up through underage and onto Senior level. He was never involved with any County teams but he would definitely have been alot better than some selectors we would have seen involved in Cavan teams over the years.He can read a game and wouldnt freeze along the line like alot of managers but anyway,thats life.

Something tells me you wouldnt be mouting off as much if you werent hiding behind a pseudonym

Perhaps, "Ballyhaise Man". That's a very common name in Cavan, glad to see you're using your real name. The thing is a lot of people here need to relax. It is not too long ago that the morally proper Ballyhaise Man went on his rant about getting rid of Carr. Come on, would you say that to his face? Myles, don't tell Mr. Pain to button it. Celt Man, as C4ever said, relax. Finally, Boojangles, Drung set you up nicely for that rant you made. Obviously, sarcasm is alien to you. Rant over!

dont see whats wrong with ranting about a sacking a manager,nothing personal in that.
You however are just trying to get a rise out of boojangles, let me tell you, knowing who he is, you would want to be a fairly tough lad to mouth off to him in person.  ;)

Who do you think you are talking to? This is Mr. Pain. Also, are you insinuating violence? Where is the Hollow Man? On so many occasions he showed you up for what you really are and you lost your composure with him. It seems some guys on this site need to take a prescription of chill pills. Perhaps Boojangles will cop now that Drung was being sarcastic and see the funny side of it. However, Ballyhaise Man you were right up his ass there and ready to retaliate. Quit being so anal and relax! Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 11, 2009, 03:58:26 PM

Who do you think you are talking to? This is Mr. Pain. Also, are you insinuating violence? Where is the Hollow Man? On so many occasions he showed you up for what you really are and you lost your composure with him. It seems some guys on this site need to take a prescription of chill pills. Perhaps Boojangles will cop now that Drung was being sarcastic and see the funny side of it. However, Ballyhaise Man you were right up his ass there and ready to retaliate. Quit being so anal and relax! Rant over!

Hollow Man is no loss, anyone who refers to a whole club as tramps , wont be missed. Boojangles is someone i know off the board(not that well just to speak to,although he hasnt guessed who i am yet  ;)
No-one had a problem with what Drung said, he asked a question Boojangles answered it,Infact Drung has already shown hes a competant and intelligent contributor to this board in the short space of time he been on.
You on the otherhand, well thats another story  ;)
Insinuating violence? Sure everyone knows us Ballyhaise men are soft.   :P

whats my name

who is Boojangles the debate continues!!!!!!! lol

mylestheslasher

Quote from: put-it-up on March 11, 2009, 05:58:25 PM
U21's are quietly confident, but a lot of these players have bottled it in the past at minor level, so I think they themselves have learned a lesson in that. Everything is hush hush, and just focusing on the game. I am very good friends with one of the players and I was delighted to hear that a lot of places are still up for grabs...it means players are not playing off their reputation.

Armagh in Armagh is a tough tough game for them.

A likely team would be something like this..

Alan O'Mara
Damien Barkey
Rory Dunne
Oisin Minnagh
Barry Watters
James McEnroe
Dane O'Dowd
Gearoid McKiernan/David Givney
Ray Cullivan
Deco McKiernan
Eugene Keating
Paddy Brady
Conor Smith
Ado Cole
Niall McDermott.

Heard G McKiernan picked up a knock so might be unable to play. If he can, McDermott would probably down to bench because of his youth. Hope i haven't forgotten anyone!!!

How they will fare in the big day....I dunno, but it is defintely worth the drive to Armagh to see how it goes.

I know that a young lad from Killeshandra was in on the panel for a while. A great willing lad, I trained him myself along time ago. Anyway, he didn't make the cut but nobody bothered to even contact him to tell him that. It seems that some of the communication is still shite anyway. I didn't realise Cullivan is still U21. He is some horse of a lad for an U21. Do you not Fancy Thomais Reilly to make the team?

the salmon of knowledge

someone wrote a comment a while back regarding something they read on the post... does anyone else find the ravings of the "journalist" writing under the heading CSI a bit much??
A couple of weeks ago he totally ridiculed larry and this week praising him.. some other stuff the guy writes is a bit iffy

anglocelt39

Put it up, have all the 95 lads gracefully retired to the Comfort of Nixys etc. or are there still a few around? Did it end up a mixed blessing, lads wanting to retire, young lads not getting a chance and chucking it in etc. Vital to get up from Junior level straight away I would think.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Mr. Pain

Hollow Man is no loss, anyone who refers to a whole club as tramps , wont be missed. Boojangles is someone i know off the board(not that well just to speak to,although he hasnt guessed who i am yet  ;)
No-one had a problem with what Drung said, he asked a question Boojangles answered it,Infact Drung has already shown hes a competant and intelligent contributor to this board in the short space of time he been on.
You on the otherhand, well thats another story  ;)
Insinuating violence? Sure everyone knows us Ballyhaise men are soft.   :P

BHM, you are an idiot. Obviously you didn't read through Mr. Pain's last post. Also, sarcasm seems to be lost on you too.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

put-it-up

Quote from: anglocelt39 on March 11, 2009, 09:55:19 PM
Put it up, have all the 95 lads gracefully retired to the Comfort of Nixys etc. or are there still a few around? Did it end up a mixed blessing, lads wanting to retire, young lads not getting a chance and chucking it in etc. Vital to get up from Junior level straight away I would think.

it was a bit of both to be honest anglocelt! The likes of Lambo and Charlie Clarke i think realised it was for the clubs benefit that they step aside and get a new panel coming through. To be honest it was badly needed. For the last few years the dressing room has been as stale as second hand bread.

The evergreen Gerry Sheridan may make an appearance in the summer. You see alot of young lads were getting pissed off that they were not being given a chance because of the older players reputations. But to be fair the new manager has had a mini-clear out and I reckon the average age of the squad now is 23 or so. O'Mara, Declan Reilly, Gary Reilly, James Cooney and Sean Cooney are all talking alot more responsability this year.

You have probably never heard of many of these but I suppose that was the problem with the club, young lads werent coming through.

I admit we are not playing great stuff, but it is nice to be winning again. A long long way to go though

Fingers crossed we get out of DIV 3 straight away. I don't plan watching this football again next year. No disrespect tp the other teams.

whats my name

I don't plan watching this football again next year if the shamrocks were any addition they wouldn't be in this division in the first place. that comment is a bit demeaning to clubs and players in division 3!!!!!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Thastheball on March 12, 2009, 10:18:07 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 21, 2009, 02:51:47 PM
Thatstheball - how do you think the players will react after the widespread criticism of their performance against Tipp? Will we get a big effort against Down or will it be more of the same.

I answered

Quote from: Thastheball on February 21, 2009, 03:01:40 PM
In the past when the players have taken that criticism they have reacted. So I would expect that to happen again.

Indeed you called that well - thankfully. So I have another one for you. Do you expect the team to maintain the level of workrate they produced against Down when a lesser light of Limerick arrive at the weekend or can we expect swollen heads going onto the pitch?

100% spot on.