Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 10, 2009, 06:46:51 PM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 10, 2009, 06:39:07 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 10, 2009, 04:56:55 PM
Quote from: Drung on March 10, 2009, 01:30:13 PM
He seems to be an expert from what you say, I just thought we could do with a man like that in charge.

I don't know either of you by the way.
He would be very knowlegable about the game.He has been over alot of winning teams over the years both with my own club and his home club,all the way up through underage and onto Senior level. He was never involved with any County teams but he would definitely have been alot better than some selectors we would have seen involved in Cavan teams over the years.He can read a game and wouldnt freeze along the line like alot of managers but anyway,thats life.

Hey Daddy's boy, give us a break! If he was that good he'd be considered.

What a gobshite.....

The man was asked a question and gave an answer... Do your stirring elsewhere

:D :D :D :D Mr Pain your a Legend

Celt_Man relax

mylestheslasher

Button it Mr Pain. Coming in here once in a blue moon to stir shit. You are capable of better. What makes you think Cavan would consider good people for the management team. Were you asleep when the hired Donal Keoghan?

Celt_Man

Quote from: cavan4ever on March 10, 2009, 06:50:52 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on March 10, 2009, 06:46:51 PM
He seems to be an expert from what you say, I just thought we could do with a man like that in charge.

He would be very knowlegable about the game.He has been over alot of winning teams over the years both with my own club and his home club,all the way up through underage and onto Senior level. He was never involved with any County teams but he would definitely have been alot better than some selectors we would have seen involved in Cavan teams over the years.He can read a game and wouldnt freeze along the line like alot of managers but anyway,thats life.

What a gobshite.....

The man was asked a question and gave an answer... Do your stirring elsewhere

:D :D :D :D Mr Pain your a Legend

Celt_Man relax

Ahh here, no need for sniping comments like that, why bother coming on here once in a blue moon, referring to yourself in the third person and trying to stir shite???
I just don't see the point
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

anglocelt39

Quote from: Drung on March 09, 2009, 05:26:00 PM
Boojangles, did your father consider running for the Cavan job?

Just curious.

Fairly comprehensive answer from Boojangles, you happy enough with his reply Drung?

Just curious
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Drung

BallyhaiseMan

Something tells me you wouldnt be mouting off as much if you werent hiding behind a pseudonym

Mr. Pain

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 10, 2009, 07:53:34 PM

Something tells me you wouldnt be mouting off as much if you werent hiding behind a pseudonym

Perhaps, "Ballyhaise Man". That's a very common name in Cavan, glad to see you're using your real name. The thing is a lot of people here need to relax. It is not too long ago that the morally proper Ballyhaise Man went on his rant about getting rid of Carr. Come on, would you say that to his face? Myles, don't tell Mr. Pain to button it. Celt Man, as C4ever said, relax. Finally, Boojangles, Drung set you up nicely for that rant you made. Obviously, sarcasm is alien to you. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Swadman

R n B
QuoteSo all, thoughts turn towards the Limerick boys coming up on Saturday. On a scale of 1 - 10 how confident would ye be of a comfortable win, a battle with a one point margin either way or another Tipp display (is that really possible  )?
Cavan Football is still like the Irish weather - totally unpredictable. I know its early days for Tommy but my hope would be that he can get a settled team playing to a structured plan, otherwise we'll still be bringing the sunglasses, wellies, factor 15, umberella, etc. not knowing what to expect.  8)

Lawrence of Knockbride

Mr. Pain your'e an entertainer and welcome in my book. As for Limerick I'll go for a narrow win-2points. Celt Man, what did you make of the red card in your game on Sunday. I heard the opposition were fearing the worst for Fitzpatrick but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed. Terrible challenge. Hope it wasn't you. ???

cavan4ever

Post of the year so far and id say boojangles will even see funny side of it .

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 09:54:15 PM
Mr. Pain your'e an entertainer and welcome in my book. As for Limerick I'll go for a narrow win-2points. Celt Man, what did you make of the red card in your game on Sunday. I heard the opposition were fearing the worst for Fitzpatrick but maybe it's not as bad as it seemed. Terrible challenge. Hope it wasn't you. ???

Indeed it wasn't me... Gonna pull a Wenger on it and say I didn't see it during the game, saw it since that, yea it was a bad tackle.  Not particularly dirty just a kind of headless tackle, he didn't shoulder him or body check him really, just ran into him.
Why what was the news about him Fitzpatrick?? Didn't hear anything???
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 10, 2009, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on March 10, 2009, 09:54:15 PM

Indeed it wasn't me... Gonna pull a Wenger on it and say I didn't see it during the game, saw it since that, yea it was a bad tackle.  Not particularly dirty just a kind of headless tackle, he didn't shoulder him or body check him really, just ran into him.
Why what was the news about him Fitzpatrick?? Didn't hear anything???
All sorts of stuff like he'd be left with a limp for life. Word is that his hip came out of it's joint and chipped a bit of bone but have since heard that it might not be that bad. All rumour but from lads that know him. These things happen.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 10, 2009, 08:31:31 PM

Perhaps, "Ballyhaise Man". That's a very common name in Cavan, glad to see you're using your real name. The thing is a lot of people here need to relax. It is not too long ago that the morally proper Ballyhaise Man went on his rant about getting rid of Carr. Come on, would you say that to his face? Myles, don't tell Mr. Pain to button it. Celt Man, as C4ever said, relax. Finally, Boojangles, Drung set you up nicely for that rant you made. Obviously, sarcasm is alien to you. Rant over!

dont see whats wrong with ranting about a sacking a manager,nothing personal in that.
You however are just trying to get a rise out of boojangles, let me tell you, knowing who he is, you would want to be a fairly tough lad to mouth off to him in person.  ;)

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 11, 2009, 12:41:38 AM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 10, 2009, 08:31:31 PM

dont see whats wrong with ranting about a sacking a manager,nothing personal in that.
You however are just trying to get a rise out of boojangles, let me tell you, knowing who he is, you would want to be a fairly tough lad to mouth off to him in person.  ;)

:D Was it one of the Derry lads that got a bit of a clip around the ears for mouthing off about someone on gaaboard.