Shannon Gaels 0-14 3-04 Munterconnacht

Swanlinbar 0-14 1-09 Templeport

Mountnugent 1-07 1-04 Cornafean

Killygarry 0-06 0-09 Laragh Utd

Bailieboro 1-09 0-06 Arva

got it of the hoganstand

put-it-up

Here is a full list of results lads..

Celt Man, when you rise and shine in the morning I would live to know how many you got right!

For now though, I need my beauty sleep!

cavan4sam

Good win for Castlerahan over Crosserlough yesterday, 0-12 to 1-5, could and probably should have won by more.

Celt_Man

Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1 Round 1

Saturday - Redhills v Belturbet - Gumley missing will be a huge loss this team, jayo and vaughan to be the diffence                  Wrong
Saturday - Mullahoran v Lavey - Would fancy Mullahorn with home advantage to win by 3 or 4                                               Right
Cavan Gaels v Ballinagh - Can't look past the Gaels                                                                                                           Wrong
Cuchulainns v Denn -  Very tight to call, Cucu maybe to continue good league form by 2, wouldn't rule out  a draw                Right
Kilygarry v Gowna - Gowna to win, McKeever, Pierson and McCabe too much to handle                                                       Right
Crosserlough v Castlerahan - Haven't a clue, Castlerahan always should be doing better than do... but C'lough hard to beat at home     never committed to it
Ramor Utd v Lacken - Ramor will make an impact this year, ramor by 3                                                                            Right

Cathal Brady Audi A.C.F.L. Division 2 Round 1

Saturday - Shercock v Kill - Gonna fancy Shercock in this one, always do better in early part of league                                                                       Right
Saturday - Cavan Gaels v Cootehill - Gonna have to back the horse I'm riding in this one.... think we might shade it (please don't come back to haunt me)   Wrong
Killeshandra v Crosserlough - Killeshandra, would expect McKiernan and O'reilly to fancy swing one, interesting to see how C'lough junior team gets on      Right
Kingscourt v Drumalee - very tough one, both had seasons to forget last year, home advantage to count maybe???                                                    Right
Killinkere v Drumgoon - would expect goonies to sneak through but Killinkere are never easy to beat at home                                                            Right
Drumlane v Ballyhaise - Gonna give Drumlane the shout (if like I'm told Cullivan and Pickett won;t be there)                                                                Right
Knockbride v Drung  - another close one to call, Tierney is flying and Larry finding form gonna go for Knockbride despite galligan and waters                   Right

John Brady Insurances Ltd A.C.F.L. Division 3 Round 1

Saturday - Butlersbridge v Ballymachugh - Bridge by couple of points                                                             
Saturday - Kildallon v Corlough - Kildallon by 4 or 5                                                                                                                                             Wrong
Shannon Gaels v Munterconnacht - Wouldn't know the form here at all so not gonna open my mouth!!                                                          didn't commit to it
Swanlinbar v Templeport - again not too sure at all, Swad to sneak thru                                                                                                              Right
Mountnugent v Cornafean - Expecting Givney to shine even more in Div 3 so Mountnugent by 3                                                                            Right
Killygarry v Laragh Utd - expecting a young laragh team to push for promotion this year, laragh by 3                                                                        Right
Bailieboro v Arva - again expecting to see bailieboro in the shake up at the top, so shamrocks by 4/5                                                                      Right

14 right out of the 18 predictions I committed to.... Got Kildallon wrong, didn't see that coming in fairness - great result for corlough. ourselves and the gaels drawing as well as ballinagh and gaels and redhills beating belturbet... that's 78 % jaysus it's a long long time since I saw that high a mark after my work!!!

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

desperate result for us against Drumlane,poor game Drumlane kicked the last 3 scores to win it from a point down.
we were missing a fair few 1st choice, Brendan Lyons,Sean Mac,Slowey,Pickett and Kevin Tierney only came on as a sub due to minor commitments.No Complaints though,we werent good enough to kill the game off and congrats to drumlane.
Hopefully we can get a result against Killinkere on Sat.

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 02, 2009, 05:04:06 PM
desperate result for us against Drumlane,poor game Drumlane kicked the last 3 scores to win it from a point down.
we were missing a fair few 1st choice, Brendan Lyons,Sean Mac,Slowey,Pickett and Kevin Tierney only came on as a sub due to minor commitments.No Complaints though,we werent good enough to kill the game off and congrats to drumlane.

In fairness that a fair crew of boys to be missing... what's the story with Slowey this year?

the salmon of knowledge

good result for my crowd the weekend, showed a high work rate in the first half against the breeze which seemed to shock a cornafean side who were in mountnugent  an hour and a half before kickoff. in fairness mountnugent kicked about 17 wides, this could have been a bit of a touch up if the free takers brought there shooting boots.
a good turn out also, the away support travelled well.

any other info from the weekends proceedings, any sendings off around the county

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 02, 2009, 05:41:22 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 02, 2009, 05:04:06 PM

In fairness that a fair crew of boys to be missing... what's the story with Slowey this year?

had surgery on the knee,believe he will be back later on in the year,knowing him it wont take him long to get back back to fitness once hes cleared by the doctors.

Celt_Man

Not so bad, well for Ballyhaise anyway... Am I right in saying he had some heart complaint shown up last year during a check up or is that just a rumour?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 02, 2009, 05:49:50 PM
Not so bad, well for Ballyhaise anyway... Am I right in saying he had some heart complaint shown up last year during a check up or is that just a rumour?

havent heard that one Celt Man, i very much doubt its true. would be fairly friendly with Fergal and id have heard it.

Celt_Man

a rumour that turned out to be bullshite... well there's a first!!

jimjim

That result was def a bit of a suprise but no wonder when ye are missing all those players.
Heard that about Slowey last year as well, towards the end of the summer something on his heart showed up but then he got the all clear. Am friendly with 1/2 of the Ballyhaise lads and they told me that last year.
Were u playing urself BallyhaiseMan. Was it fitness that won it for Drumlane in the end or what kind of shape are they in?

Homer

Cavan Gaels 0-10 Ballinagh 0-10

Good performance by Ballinagh at the weekend could have taken the win but a draw was a fair result. The Gaels were a depleted outfit, missing Walsh, Lyng, Johnston, Forde and a couple of others but still good to get some kind of a result of them. A couple of our younger lads showed well Patrick Carroll continues to impress at full back and Niall McDermott was ever dangerous up front, scoring 7 points out of 10 (can't remember how many were frees 3 or 4).

Lacken up next Sunday, always a clinker.

put-it-up

Am i right in saying the game against Newry is fixed for half 7 on a Saturday evening?

Is going to be a tough tough game, but we have to roll up or sleeves and start fighting.

I am sure alot of county players will be missing for Sunday's club games then as well, which is a pity but sure waht can you do.

Any predictions on Carr's line-up

mylestheslasher

Its hard to know what the selection will be since a few lads went of injured against Meath in that challenge a while back. I think we can expect to see McCabe starting and also Seanie Johnstone. Walsh if fit could be thrown in a FF but I'd prefer to see him and galligan stay in Midfield and look at McCabe at FF (if Givney is to be dropped). Podge out of FB to be replaced by Dermot Shierdan. I'm going to make this game so I'll let you know what I think of it on Sunday.