Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whats my name

cavan are playing meath to night in navan at 8pm if anyone wants to go im going to it myself i will inform the board members tomorrow on how it goes!!!!!!

Celt_Man

Quote from: whats my name on February 26, 2009, 05:45:12 PM
cavan are playing meath to night in navan at 8pm if anyone wants to go im going to it myself i will inform the board members tomorrow on how it goes!!!!!!

Not good enough, if you were any addition, you would be giving us live updates from your mobile!! :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Quote from: whats my name on February 26, 2009, 05:43:12 PM
cavan4ever you should stop criticising other clubs when your on club is just as bad we witnessed dogs abuse towards the munterconnught players from a certain county members mother from drung at the munterconnught game last year which was uncalled for and you don't hear us complaining it happens in football !!!!!

I didn't think you knew much about that up there.

Oppostion player are fair game.

the salmon of knowledge

what are ya on about C4E?
opposition players fair game... surely a contradiction to your preachings from yesterday, no??

cavan4ever

Quote from: the salmon of knowledge on February 27, 2009, 12:17:48 AM
what are ya on about C4E?
opposition players fair game... surely a contradiction to your preachings from yesterday, no??

Dont think i have salmon but if i have show me where.

Any word from last night?

whats my name

walsh didnt last long enough 2do anything he went off after 10 mins the team that started was james reilly,keith fannin,dermott sheridan,micheal hanon,martin cahill,sean brady,barry watters,dermott mc cabe,ciran galligan,david givney,ronan flanagan,micheal lyng,larry reilly, nicholas walsh, seanie johnstone. dermott sheridan,walsh,watters went off injured!!! best for cavan where lyng,larry reilly,givney, and mc cabe and galligan in patches also mackey did well when he came on at full forward and miller made a serious save in the second half!!!!!

whats my name

i wasnt keeping an eye on the score but meath won it by 2 or 3 points!!! and cavan looked much improved from the tipp game so fingers crossed we might get a result in newry!!!!

Celt_Man

Yea first round of the club league this weekend... Playing Down next Saturday at 7 in Newry then club fixtures the day after... then Limerick at home at 7 the following Saturday..

Quote from: put-it-up on February 27, 2009, 06:17:45 PM
I think the Tipp defeat might have been the kick up the backside we have needed for a while. When is the Down game. I am right in saying club games take over this weekend ament I?

In relation to the comment about Walsh, he doesn't help himself at times to be honest. For a big man he tends to hit the deck like a sack of spuds at times. He is not a very liked man but for me can play a big role for the team. Like him or loathe him his strength alone cause headaches for teams in and around the square. I mean, shouldering him is like hitting a wall..I found that out the hard way!

As regards Walsh, he is an ape of a man and I mean that in a good way, if Carr can get him every week playing half as effective as he was when he came against Kildare last year it would be a major next in the right direction...

Celt_Man

For what it's worth, here;s the fixtures for the weekend and the way I think they MIGHT pan out...

Imperial Bar A.C.F.L. Division 1 Round 1

Saturday - Redhills v Belturbet - Gumley missing will be a huge loss this team, jayo and vaughan to be the diffence
Saturday - Mullahoran v Lavey - Would fancy Mullahorn with home advantage to win by 3 or 4
Cavan Gaels v Ballinagh - Can't look past the Gaels
Cuchulainns v Denn -  Very tight to call, Cucu maybe to continue good league form by 2, wouldn't rule out  a draw
Kilygarry v Gowna - Gowna to win, McKeever, Pierson and McCabe too much to handle
Crosserlough v Castlerahan - Haven't a clue, Castlerahan always should be doing better than do... but C'lough hard to beat at home
Ramor Utd v Lacken - Ramor will make an impact this year, ramor by 3

Cathal Brady Audi A.C.F.L. Division 2 Round 1

Saturday - Shercock v Kill - Gonna fancy Shercock in this one, always do better in early part of league
Saturday - Cavan Gaels v Cootehill - Gonna have to back the horse I'm riding in this one.... think we might shade it (please don't come back to haunt me)
Killeshandra v Crosserlough - Killeshandra, would expect McKiernan and O'reilly to fancy swing one, interesting to see how C'lough junior team gets on
Kingscourt v Drumalee - very tough one, both had seasons to forget last year, home advantage to count maybe???
Killinkere v Drumgoon - would expect goonies to sneak through but Killinkere are never easy to beat at home
Drumlane v Ballyhaise - Gonna give Drumlane the shout (if like I'm told Cullivan and Pickett won;t be there)
Knockbride v Drung  - another close one to call, Tierney is flying and Larry finding form gonna go for Knockbride despite galligan and waters

John Brady Insurances Ltd A.C.F.L. Division 3 Round 1

Saturday - Butlersbridge v Ballymachugh - Bridge by couple of points
Saturday - Kildallon v Corlough - Kildallon by 4 or 5
Shannon Gaels v Munterconnacht - Wouldn't know the form here at all so not gonna open my mouth!!
Swanlinbar v Templeport - again not too sure at all, Swad to sneak thru
Mountnugent v Cornafean - Expecting Givney to shine even more in Div 3 so Mountnugent by 3
Killygarry v Laragh Utd - expecting a young laragh team to push for promotion this year, laragh by 3
Bailieboro v Arva - again expecting to see bailieboro in the shake up at the top, so shamrocks by 4/5

BallyhaiseMan

Pickett is away travelling

Cullivan is ??????  ???  ::) your guess is as good as mine.

the salmon of knowledge

very good celt man, you must take in alot of games over the year.

all i meant C4E  is that your answer to put it ups comment sounded a little contradictary, nobody at any match has the right to personally critise any player, county, club from the stand, or the dugout.
anyway dont want a war of words with you, i just feel you were harsh, expressing your hatred for mountnugent over what a small group of lads were saying.

another thing, i did not mean to start up a discussion about the abuse walsh gets, for my money he has been an easy target by begrudgers as far back as the time he played  aussie rules, doesnt deserve it, tried very hard in longford, good lad.

put-it-up

Fair play to you Celt man taking that time out to make your predictions. Even if I disagree with a few, I think we are all wasting our time trying to predict the opening results. Games are about as predictable the Irish Weather.  ;)

Love picking up the Celt during the week and seeing who score what.Great to get the football back!

Cant wait to see how Bailieborough shape up this year, Its sad to see us down in Division Three..Unfortunately it is completely deserved. What should I expect to see from Arva on Sunday, dogged I am sure???Never had the joy of playing against them

anglocelt39

Folks, I'm a long time gone out of the county but still maintain an interest, in spite of everything. I have one or two very reliable sources regarding what is going on up there and some of the recent feedback I have got is interesting, and that's being charitable. The current discipline situation (attitude to drink, turning up for training, turning up on time for training) has been described as worse than during the last days of the Keogan era,,,,,,,,,,,,ye gods. Now it was never going to be easy and will take time etc. etc. I'm certainly one for giving Carr a decent chance, god knows it ain't going to be easy to turn things around BUT, the next point I don't know how to react to. Apparently after training last Friday night it was the County Board Chairman who was laying down the law about the general attitude which even the Anglo Celt has copped on to at this stage. Now, with Carr's reputation/military background etc I would have hoped that his expense allowance would require him to be the man laying down the law on this one.

We have tolerated a half arsed attitude to wearing the senior county jersey for the last 30 years to tell the truth, and I reckon we are close to the point of no return. We really need the County Board/Carr etc. to see this out and deal with some of the clowns involved. There seems to be a bit of a start made but there can be no going back, unless we want defeats to Limerick, Antrim, Waterford and Tipp to be followed up by similar fates against London, New York, and FFs, Kilkenny.

Critical times, hope to christ we can rise to it.

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

anglocelt39

Best of luck to ya put it up, different eras (different centuries now that I think of it) same jersey. Gowan da shamrocks.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

tierworker blue

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 28, 2009, 12:15:39 AM
Best of luck to ya put it up, different eras (different centuries now that I think of it) same jersey. Gowan da shamrocks.

Ditto!