Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

This board is read by alot of club and county footballers in Cavan,
Fewer register because you cant shit stir like you can on hoganstand.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 14, 2009, 08:40:29 PM
This board is read by alot of club and county footballers in Cavan,
Fewer register because you cant shit stir like you can on hoganstand.

How you know that ?

BallyhaiseMan

know of at least 5 playing members of my own club who read,
including One who was on the county panel last year.

also know from talking to lads, another 2/3 lads on the county panel have read this thread,
Mainly to see what we think of them to be honest  :P

cavan4sam

BH Man is right I know of a fair few members of the current county panel who are regular visitors to this site.

cavanmaniac

Well long may the quality control remain in place on this site. I looked at Hogan Stand for a week about three years ago and quickly tired of the nonsense.

I'm not saying this place is the nub of philosophical discourse or anything but at least most people here have cop on and manners, or have them quickly taught to them if they don't.

An Laoch

looks like being a wild evening for the match in Breffni tonight

an interesting game in its own way all the same, one that might even be winable

cavan4ever

Quote from: An Laoch on January 17, 2009, 01:59:41 PM
looks like being a wild evening for the match in Breffni tonight

an interesting game in its own way all the same, one that might even be winable

If this keeps us will it go ahead?

An Laoch

never felt a wind like it cavan4ever

I've taken everything in from the garden....just hoping the barna sheds dont lift.

I wouldnt risk driving across the county in this weather anyway

cavan4ever

Quote from: An Laoch on January 17, 2009, 03:21:51 PM
never felt a wind like it cavan4ever

I've taken everything in from the garden....just hoping the barna sheds dont lift.

I wouldnt risk driving across the county in this weather anyway

Skys opened there for aabout 10 mins seem to have calmed a bit now.

FermGael

Will Seanie Johnston be back for Cavan in the national league??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Celt_Man

Great win last night, any time you beat Armagh it's a good win.  Decent enough performance in patches, some great passing movement in some bits only for the final pass to go astray or fall short or mis judged, kinda typical for January though.
Paddy Gumley was impressive, always on the move and looking for the ball, as usual Martin Reilly went through massive amounts of work all over the field.  But we desperately need a full back, when Clarke went in there when Armagh were on top for 10 minutes in the second half he scored two points with ease and missed two more.  Podge Reilly is just too slow for that position (maybe it's the fact that he isn't as fit as he should be but he was never too quick in my opinion).
Good to see Tierney back in a cavan jersey again, had a solid game and chipped in with a point.  Pierson is showing signs of his potential with a couple of sweetly taken points and a lovely finish for the goal.
A few things would worry me, McCormack misjudged the ball on a couple of occasions - even allowing for the terrible conditions - I'm not too sure if he is an out and out corner back and Dane O'Dowd while he does several things very well always seems to give the ball away a couple of times during the game.
Pity about Ronan Reilly getting taken off after 25 mins or so, I believe he was injured - I was looking forward to seeing how he fared... Although Anton had a good game when he came on.  His good pressure overturned the ball which led directly to Pierson's goal.
Overall taking in the 3 games, from a disaster of a game against Queens to an improvement against Antrim and another improving performance against Armagh last night so maybe we are slowly heading in the right direction.

Fintan Reilly, Brides, Podge Reilly, Enda McCormack; Gunner, Dane O'Dowd, Johnny Crowe; Galligan and Walshe; Martin Reilly, Ronan Reilly, Eddie Reilly; Pierson, Tierney, Gumley.
Subs: Anton Reilly for R Reilly; Cahill for Gunner, McKeever for O'Dowd, Gibney for Tierney and Mackey for Gumley.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Good to see Pierson getting back to himself and hopefully he will stick at it this year.  A full forward line of Johnson, McCabe and Pierson has potential to do alot of damage if they can get the right ball.  

There is a good pick in the Forwards now but with match panels reduced to 24 there will be some dissapointed players. In a panel of 24 how many forwards would normally be in it?

Half Forward/Full Forwards
Flanagan,Lyng,Cullivan,Martin Reilly,Eddie Reilly,Mackey,Anton Reilly,Gumley,Tierney,Givney,Larry,Jason.

Anyone else im missing? James Clarke wont make it and i havent seen enough of Ronan Reilly.

Who has being full back for the U-21's in he last few years?

cavanmaniac

Pierson will be more inclined to knuckle down now that there's someone over the team that actually seems to know something about football, but he'll always be a bit of an enigma and might very well switch off again. Hopefully not though, he showed in flashes under Coleman that he's capable of taking on the best on his day. A rejuvenated Pierson might stand as a very pointed indictment of the Keogan folly by the county board.

Anyway, it was decent enough to get a win over whatever sort of side Armagh had out, hopefully we can take another few steps forward when we get the college lads back for the interesting league opener across the border in Longford.

anglocelt39

Flanagan,Lyng,Cullivan,Martin Reilly,Eddie Reilly,Mackey,Anton Reilly,Gumley,Tierney,Givney,Larry,Jason.

Anyone else im missing?

Johnston lad from the Gaels might be worth a run
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavan4ever

Quote from: anglocelt39 on January 19, 2009, 07:14:45 PM

Anyone else im missing?

Johnston lad from the Gaels might be worth a run

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 19, 2009, 02:30:29 PM
Good to see Pierson getting back to himself and hopefully he will stick at it this year.  A full forward line of Johnson, McCabe and Pierson has potential to do alot of damage if they can get the right ball.  

There is a good pick in the Forwards now but with match panels reduced to 24 there will be some dissapointed players. In a panel of 24 how many forwards would normally be in it?

Half Forward/Full Forwards

Anyone else im missing? James Clarke wont make it and i havent seen enough of Ronan Reilly.

Who has being full back for the U-21's in he last few years?