Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Anyone who travelled up there would need their head examined especially if they were in Breffini the week before. 
It seems like it was an improvement anyway.  Looking forward to the Armagh game next weekend.
[/quote]

Cavan4Ever, what kind of statement is that to make? Especially considering the name you've given yourself. Should it be Cavan4EverExceptForWhenThey'rePlayingALongDistanceAwayInTheMcKennaCup?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 12, 2009, 01:37:31 PM
Anyone who travelled up there would need their head examined especially if they were in Breffini the week before. 
It seems like it was an improvement anyway.  Looking forward to the Armagh game next weekend.
[/color]

Cavan4Ever, what kind of statement is that to make? Especially considering the name you've given yourself. Should it be Cavan4EverExceptForWhenThey'rePlayingALongDistanceAwayInTheMcKennaCup?
[/quote

It's to far to be travelling at this time of year in bad weather for a glorified challenge game.  Were you in Breffini for the Queens match?  If you were you would understand what im saying. As i said last week this competion is a waste of time when half a dozen of lads that probably would be starting aren't aload play.

P.S  i like your purple writing.

Drung

I know I'd rather have a scoring forward on a club team as opposed to soem other type of forward who doesn't score!

Smith is excellent, he may be a bit greedy but he's by far the best forward Cootehill have.

BallyhaiseMan

Colm Smith is a terrific player,definetely worth his place on the county panel(if hes interested)

Is it true the GREAT ONE from Knockbride is back?

Celt_Man

Quote from: Drung on January 12, 2009, 03:42:43 PM
I know I'd rather have a scoring forward on a club team as opposed to soem other type of forward who doesn't score!

Smith is excellent, he may be a bit greedy but he's by far the best forward Cootehill have.

I know that... Sure we'd be lost without him.... That wasn't my point.... I was trying to make a more general point - for example Brian McGuigan wouldn't be the best scoring forward for Tyrone but a lot of people would say that he is Tyrone's best forward...

And yes, Colm deserves a run with the county but he is in Manchester in college and I'm not sure what way that would work out
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Lawrence of Knockbride

Cavan4Ever, I was at the Queens game and of course it was poor fair but still I applaud any dedicated Breffnit man who made the journey north. And as for the purple writing, I don't know how to do the quote thing that everyone uses with the purple box. I see you haven't mastered it either.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 12, 2009, 06:26:20 PM
Cavan4Ever, I was at the Queens game and of course it was poor fair but still I applaud any dedicated Breffnit man who made the journey north. And as for the purple writing, I don't know how to do the quote thing that everyone uses with the purple box. I see you haven't mastered it either.

Yeah its very hard to do.

mylestheslasher

Hit the quote buton beside the post you want to reply to and it will appear in the reply box you type into. Now please stop using purple - my eyes are getting soar!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 12, 2009, 06:37:46 PM

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 12, 2009, 06:37:46 PM

Lawrence of Knockbride

That was difficult. Thanks Myles

mylestheslasher

From Hoganstand - Have ye been a naughty boy Ballyhaiseman?

Graham denies walk out rumours

Mickey Graham
13 January 2009

Mickey Graham has brushed aside the accusations that he has vacated his position as Ballyhaise senior football manager - just over a month after taking the job.

by Shane Corrigan

Rumours have been whirling around the county that the ex-Cavan senior, who is also in charge of Cavan's minor footballers this year, was not happy with early signs of a lack of commitment from the Ballyhaise players at the start of the year and was moving towards a return to his native club Cavan Gaels, who had made an approach to him over the senior manager's position.

However, Graham has denied such accusations and confirmed to www.hoganstand.com that he is to stay with Ballyhaise for the 2009 season.

"There's no truth in that," Graham confirmed. "I meet with the players last week and we're starting training for the new season next week.

"There were a few strong rumours going around that I was going back to my own club Cavan Gaels, but I've made a commitment to Ballyhaise and intend to see it through," he added.

With Graham secure at the helm, Ballyhaise will be approaching the 2009 season with thoughts of promotion to top flight status in the county firmly on their minds. Their season begins with a trip to O'Connell Park, Milltown, where they take on intermediate rivals Drumlane on March 1 in the first round of ACFL Division Two.

Meanwhile, county champions Cavan Gaels have indicated that Mick O'Dowd is set to resume as senior manager at the club, after suggestions that the Clontibret man was to leave his position after just a year in charge of the Cavan town side.

"We only had our AGM last Sunday, but at the moment things seem to be the same as last year," said club PRO Philip Finnegan.

BallyhaiseMan

Nah Myles,
just some sh**stiriing from hoganstanders,
There was a load of players at our meeting with Mickey last saturday night.id say 25-30
Some of our lads dont help things with their constant abusing other clubs on the hoganstand messageboard.  ::)

cavanmaniac

The best thing about the hoganstand messageboard is that it keeps all the chimps in the one cage. I pray that they may never darken the door of this thread.

Mr. Pain

Did anyone read Tommy Carr's quotes in the Celt today? He says Enda McCormack has been outstanding. Nothing against the guy (before you attack Mr. Pain, Boojangles) but did his man not score five points from play? What about the comment he makes about not being bothered by what mistakes the lads make as long as they are good on the ball? Baffling stuff to Mr. Pain. Anyone agree? Rant ongoing....
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavanmaniac on January 14, 2009, 11:25:38 AM
The best thing about the hoganstand messageboard is that it keeps all the chimps in the one cage. I pray that they may never darken the door of this thread.

Someone put a quote from here on it earlier in week and said it was from here.