Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: boojangles on January 04, 2009, 10:05:51 PM
As regards the well known player.Its a man I would love to see back in a Cavan jersey but I really feel that he will need about 6 months to get himself right and alot of club games and even then I cant see him being right for Inter County.He has had alot of disciplinary problems in the past which is another thing to take into account unfortunately.I may as well spell it out at this stage.

Oh christ, here we go again.... Can you see him last more than 10 minutes so these new abortion of yellow card and you're off rules...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Can't see him being back on county or even playing must club football this year, but it is a kick in the teeth for the fringe players who are finding out they are just there to make up the numbers till the sigerson lads come back in and others return from injury.

mylestheslasher

Have to say it is hard to know what is going on with the McKenna cup panel. I know Declan McKiernan wasn't named on the panel but out of nowhere comes on as a sub last day. Did they just draft a load of lads in cos they knew half the team would be sent off. The other joke of the thing is that no team training is supposed to be going on in Decemeber yet there is a competitive match on Jan 3rd. How is a team supposed to prepare. I think it will probably take a month or two for Carr to see what is going on. The McKenna cup will be a write of really and I wouldn't pay much heed to what happens in it.
I have no explanation why this lad from Killygarry didn't get a call up. Are ye sure that he hasn't refused to go in himself?

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 05, 2009, 10:27:31 AM
Have to say it is hard to know what is going on with the McKenna cup panel. I know Declan McKiernan wasn't named on the panel but out of nowhere comes on as a sub last day. Did they just draft a load of lads in cos they knew half the team would be sent off. The other joke of the thing is that no team training is supposed to be going on in Decemeber yet there is a competitive match on Jan 3rd. How is a team supposed to prepare. I think it will probably take a month or two for Carr to see what is going on. The McKenna cup will be a write of really and I wouldn't pay much heed to what happens in it.
I have no explanation why this lad from Killygarry didn't get a call up. Are ye sure that he hasn't refused to go in himself?
Well he played in 2 of the Regional games and the final trial,altho he did come off injured in that.He has had problems with injuries in the past but if he showed up for all them games Im sure he was keen.
As Cavan4Ever says,how are we ever gonna build up a panel and encourage young lads, if some lads are already being promised a place on the panel even if they havent put in the hard winters training.But dont be suprised if you see him back on the panel at some stage this year.

cavanmaniac

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that the running of things might not be shipshape and streamlined behind the scenes. You'd be taking that as a given with Tommy Carr's reputation for structure and discipline etc.

Still, early days, let's see how it goes.

Happy New Year to all. Time to change the signature I think.

Mr. Pain

Time to stop whining. Mr. Pain reckons that the last day was like a first gathering training session for the team. A few new faces who have to gel in well with the other lads. No Dermot McCabe either. Mr. Pain was surprised that Carr didn't move someone else onto that Shawn O Neill lad. Poor Podge was getting a roasting and had an embarrasing evening which could have been lessened if another man shared some of his torture. The thought in the Pain camp was that Eoin Smith received an injury during the trial games and will probably feature in the near future. Ciaran Galligan will run all day but that is as good a performance as you may see from him this year as he is so much fitter than everyone else. Needs to track back. Mulvey needs training. Givney needs more games as does Gumley and McCormack. These three guys could turn out to be a great new addition if given the chance. Anton Reilly could be a star if trained right. It is early days and the students had a lot of training done which was to their advantage against a depleted Cavan side. Rant over!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

anglocelt39

Between the ban on collective training and the colleges inclusion it's hard to look at the McKenna cup as anything more than a sort of final regional trial, there won't be much time to decide on a settled team come first round of the league when it really matters. Carr was in Portarlington yesterday-Flanagan, Cullivan (midfield.......), Lyng and Watters lined out, Johnston was out injured. Would say he learned as much from that fixture as Saturday nights. Flanagan was top class according to reports. Martin Reilly and Enda Gaffney lined out for DIT, Gaffney kicked a few points (against Kilkenny mind........),

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

boojangles

Quote from: Mr. Pain on January 05, 2009, 05:39:01 PM
Time to stop whining. Mr. Pain reckons that the last day was like a first gathering training session for the team. A few new faces who have to gel in well with the other lads. No Dermot McCabe either. Mr. Pain was surprised that Carr didn't move someone else onto that Shawn O Neill lad. Poor Podge was getting a roasting and had an embarrasing evening which could have been lessened if another man shared some of his torture. The thought in the Pain camp was that Eoin Smith received an injury during the trial games and will probably feature in the near future. Ciaran Galligan will run all day but that is as good a performance as you may see from him this year as he is so much fitter than everyone else. Needs to track back. Mulvey needs training. Givney needs more games as does Gumley and McCormack. These three guys could turn out to be a great new addition if given the chance. Anton Reilly could be a star if trained right. It is early days and the students had a lot of training done which was to their advantage against a depleted Cavan side. Rant over!
Nobody is whining,just stating a few facts.I wish Tommy Carr and all the best of luck and obviously realise it will get better,but I just dont like the sounds of some of the things Im hearing.I fill people in on what I hear round the county,its not always going to be positive but people have a right to hear whats going on.If people wanna read only positive stuff then read The Post and the Celt.

boojangles

Just to take it away from the County for a minute here.Mickey Lee has just been appointed our(Drumalees) manager for the year.Was just wondering of any other appointments lads mite know off?

Drumalee-Mickey Lee
Ballyhaise-Mickey Graham
Lacken-Declan Rowley
Butlersbridge-Phelim Plunkett
Ballinagh-John Mulvanney
Gowna-Bernard Morris
Cornafean-Gerry Cadden

I hear the Gaels are looking for Mick Dowd to stay another year.

bart_simpson

david givney did play county minor championship in 07 came on for martin dunne against down in the first round and was on the county u-21's in 08 just another note seen as im a mountnugent clubman sean fitzpatrick form castlerahan manger has taken over mountnugent!!!!

boojangles

God we'll have Marge and Maggie next on the Cavan thread.
Welcome Bart.Its good to have another club represented on the Board.

BallyhaiseMan

no Joe Kiernan for the Gaels then  ;D
welcome to the board Bart.

Unusually decent post from Mr Pain there  :P,

David Givney
Paddy Gumley
Enda McCormack
Anton Reily are definetely worth staying with, All Very good footballers
Would disagree with you on Ciaran Galligan though Mr Pain on him being fitter than the rest of the team
Hes a terrific athlete,But he wasnt getting much height at all on his jumps(having played against him countless times,id know),and he ran out of steam after a few blazing runs,
He can improve alot on Saturday.

BallyhaiseMan

Good appointment for your lads Boojangles,Mickey lee knows his stuff.

Lawrence of Knockbride

Did I not hear that Mickey Graham is no longer taking up the role with Ballyhaise due to the County Minors job? The way I heard it was that the County Board wouldn't allow it. Although it was a Redhills man that told me.

cavan4ever

I know that Tony Brady wasn't allowed manage Drung last year because he was County Development Officer or some similar role. That worked out well for us in the end anyway.