Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 11, 2008, 10:10:24 AM

Meanwhile, Killeshandra Leaguers GFC have confirmed that they will be unveiling their new senior management to the club's players this coming weekend, while also verifying that an approach towards former Cavan boss Donal Keogan was made over the manager's position, where the Denn clubman told the club that he has opted to take a year out from football management.

Good God. I can't believe they got rid of one clown to try and replace him with another one. If Keoghan was 1st choice I wonder who 2nd choice is! I dred to think.

That club has problems.

cavanmaniac

mylestheslasher

Luckily Donal has decided to take a year out. Might I suggest he takes a century out or alternatively head into club management in Monaghan or Meath.

Homer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 11, 2008, 10:49:04 AM
Luckily Donal has decided to take a year out. Might I suggest he takes a century out or alternatively head into club county management in Monaghan or Meath.

Fixed your post Myles

boojangles

Quote from: Homer on December 11, 2008, 10:53:12 AM
Luckily Donal has decided to take a year out. Might I suggest he takes a century out or alternatively head into club county management in Monaghan or Meath.

Fixed your post Myles
Meath preferably. Thats twice I have heard that Joe O Connor is new selector with Tommy Carr.Can anybody confirm it? He wasnt at any of the Regional games I was at, nor the Trial. He would have a fair knowledge of the club scene I suppose but I would have preferrred to see somebody with a bit more tactical nous, if thats the word Im looking for? But Joe will give it his all and if anybody steps out of line,they will know about it with Joe Bonner, which could be a good thing with some of our boys.
Homer any sign of Ballinagh getting a new manager? Or are yas still reeling from Ballyhaise pipping yas to the Big S? I doubt yas should have much problem attracting a man with the right credentials.Or maybe yas have somebody within the club?

anglocelt39

No chance of Donal taking on an inter county post in Meath or Monaghan, too much to ask for altogether I suppose.

Congrats to our very own BHM who is the sole cavan representative on the GAA Board All stars match up on the Non-GAA discussion section. Selected midfield, described as a fitness fanatic and, as the smart arse selector posted, Cavan man, so keep him well away from the posts.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Lawrence of Knockbride

Just to keep you up to date Myles, I'm hearing Ciaran Reilly from Mullahoran will be taking over the Leaguers' job for the coming year. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with what seems a very talented if temperamental panel.

mylestheslasher

I'm sure the 'nagh could tempt Donal out of his self imposed exile.

Homer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 11, 2008, 10:00:46 PM
I'm sure the 'nagh could tempt Donal out of his self imposed exile.

Jesus Christ Myles no! (or at least I hope so anyway)

Homer

Quote from: boojangles on December 11, 2008, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: Homer on December 11, 2008, 10:53:12 AM

Fixed your post Myles
Thats twice I have heard that Joe O Connor is new selector with Tommy Carr.Can anybody confirm it?

There's no question about it as far as I know.

Homer

Quote from: boojangles on December 11, 2008, 07:57:00 PM
Homer any sign of Ballinagh getting a new manager? Or are yas still reeling from Ballyhaise pipping yas to the Big S? I doubt yas should have much problem attracting a man with the right credentials.Or maybe yas have somebody within the club?

I'd say Big S (Micky Graham) was definitely the man they were looking for but BH have snatched him up now (a brilliant appointment for hm by the way) I'd imagine they will go for someone outside the county now but to be honest I'm only guessing. Don't think there's anyone up for it within the locality.

cavan4sam

What clubs within the county are currently managerless? Our club (Castlerahan for those that dont know) are currently without a manager and in my opinion will find it very hard to get someone in, yes we have a half decent team but our committee are very tight with the cheque book. We have never had to pay anyone so you would think we would be in a position to offer someone a good package but I doubt we will.

Also what good managers are available, (nobody say Donal!!!)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on December 12, 2008, 10:13:31 AM
What clubs within the county are currently managerless? Our club (Castlerahan for those that dont know) are currently without a manager and in my opinion will find it very hard to get someone in, yes we have a half decent team but our committee are very tight with the cheque book. We have never had to pay anyone so you would think we would be in a position to offer someone a good package but I doubt we will.

Also what good managers are available, (nobody say Donal!!!)

Don :-X

King is available and I'm sure he is looking for a job that pays well.

cavan4sam

To be honest I think they are looking at someone from outside the county but they will not come cheap!! I know I'm on the Cavan thread here but does anyone know any outside men that are available that might be good?

I wouldn't let Stephen King manage an U-14 team, was a great player, but from what I know of him as a manager he hasn't a clue!