Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: seamusthebard on December 10, 2008, 01:01:18 PM
Is it true that the referee dished out about five red cards to your players after the game for their misconduct and that they will not be available and that they will be severely punished for the remainder of the competition anyway if you were to win your protest.

There are no Gaels posters on here as far as i know. I did hear that there were red cards after the final whistle though.

cavanmaniac

Sounds like there's alot of bitterness in the air after the game itself, was there a few rows? Do the Ballinderry team have anything to answer for in this regard or were the Gaels the aggressors, or was anyone to blame? I'd say if the Gaels are nursing a grievance over something else that happened elsewhere in the game then it might explain why they're appealing, if it's true.

Either way, if a game is won on the field it should stay that way, the only exception should be the in the case of a blatantly disallowed score or an extra man on the field or something that might have a direct bearing. Derry have experience of the latter after Cork's Kieron Murphy stayed on the field in the 2000 minor semi-final despite getting two yellows, and Derry lost by a point, don't think their appeal got anywhere.

Homer

^^^ I agree.

Also from what I heard most of ructions occurred after the game. Hadn't heard there was five red cards though.

BallyhaiseMan

You gotta laugh at those who have been caught cheating,
Calling Cavan Gaels sore losers.
They should throw Ballinderry Seniors and Minors out of the Ulster Club Competitions.
Thats a fair punishment.  :)  ;D

BallyhaiseMan

16 team senior championship in 2009

anywhere from 2 up to 4 amalgamations.

No relegation from Intermediate Championship for 2 years to bring the number up to 16 teams.

Club Reserve teams can now enter the Junior Championship(entry process i dont know, Im guessing they would have to win the division 4 championship the year before,but i could be wrong)

Jaysus lads some fun with these amalgamations.
i would imagine there would be a West Cavan one.(Swad,Corlough,Shannon Gaels,Templeport etc)
East Cavan one(Baileborough,Shercock)
maybe St Joesphs(Killeshandra/Cornafean,but no offence Myles but i dont think they would be strong enough to compete in the senior)
anyone any other ideas lads?.
I give the county board awful stick on here like alot of others,But to be fair they are at least trying new ideas to improve the standards of cavan football.

cavan4ever

Jaysus lads some fun with these amalgamations.
i would imagine there would be a West Cavan one.(Swad,Corlough,Shannon Gaels,Templeport etc)
East Cavan one(Baileborough,Shercock)
maybe St Joesphs(Killeshandra/Cornafean,but no offence Myles but i dont think they would be strong enough to compete in the senior)

Any of them wouldn't win an intermediate between them.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 10, 2008, 03:00:05 PM
They should throw Ballinderry Seniors and Minors out of the Ulster Club Competitions.

That'd be really taking things to the Max, BHman.

boojangles

Yes have to agree BHMan,I would also have been a critic of the County Board but I definitely think they are looking to improve things.The League format definitely needed changing,Im not sure if Semi-Finals will improve it too much but something had to b done.As Myles said also they have to be commended in the way they tried to get some new talent on to the scene for the Senior team.The Regional games can be improved on but anybody who showed up and impressed at least got a further trial.I would say that Tommy Carr would have seen at least 80 potential County footballers in the last month.Alot is up to the players after that.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavanmaniac on December 10, 2008, 05:59:08 PM

That'd be really taking things to the Max, BHman.

i was having a laugh Maniac,
Ballinderry will probably get thrown out of the competition if the allegation prove correct.
dont think Gaels shouldnt be let back in though,
Ardboe should just get a bye to the Final.

C4ever
i was just throwing around some suggestions, you're correct though,none of those i mentioned would put up much of a challenge in Senior.
Any suggestions of amalgamations?? anyone???

Dont think semi finals in the league are the way to go as Boojangles said,
It should be like it is in Armagh, 1st Place =league championships 2nd+ promotion and leave it at that,They are Two unnecessary games taking place in the middle of November in my opinion.

cavanmaniac

Note the capital 'M' on Max, BHMan. I expect he'll be in soon to speak with authority from the lectern on all things Cavan GAA. :D

BallyhaiseMan

16 team senior

Cuchulainns
Cavan Gaels
Crosserlough
Lacken
Mullahoran
Redhills
Ballinagh
Castlerahan
Gowna
Denn
Belturbet
Killygarry
Ramor Utd
Kingscourt
(Amalgamation)
(Amalgamation)

14 team intermediate
Ballyhaise
Lavey
Drumalee
Killeshandra
Killinkere
Knockbride
Bailieborough
Cootehill
Ballymachugh
Drumgoon
Drung
Drumlane
Laragh Utd.
Kill

12/14 team junior
Shercock
Kildallan
Corlough
Muntirconnacht
Swanlinbar
Arva
Buttlersbridge
Mountnugent
Maghera
Templeport
Shannon Gaels
Cornafean
+
2 Reserve teams
Cavan Gaels II
CrosserloughII
Killygarry II            ??????

they are also bringing back the championship groups of 3/4 teams, so each team will have 2/3 games to qualify.

Homer

Didn't know what you were on about for while there BHM  :)

From Hoganstand...

Championship returns to old format

Following last Monday night's meeting of the county committee it has been confirmed that next year's championship structure is to revert back round robin group system of old, after just two years of the qualifying system.

Suggestions from clubs over this year's league and championship formats had been taken into consideration by the committee and have seen a number of changes take place.

A maximum of two amalgamated team will enter the county's Senior Football Championship in order to make up a total of 16 teams, while a preliminary round play-off will act as provision if more than two amalgamations enter the competition.

The teams that finish in the top two position of each group will qualify for the quarter-finals, while the bottom pair will enter into a relegation play-off.

In order to maintain the numbers in SFC to 16, there will be no relegation from the Intermediate Football Championship for two seasons, while the senior and intermediate clubs will be allowed to enter their second teams into the Junior Football Championship.

In the six divisions of the All County Football League, semi-finals have been reintroduced for the top four of each section, while the top two in Divisions Two and Three after 13 games will be promoted up a rank. The top team from Divisions Four, Five and Six will also move up, and Division Six is now set to be the only section that will be played as a 13-a-side competition for the coming season.

BallyhaiseMan

"while the senior and intermediate clubs will be allowed to enter their second teams into the Junior Football Championship"

That would be some laugh if about 20 of them decided to do so  :D  :D  :D  :D

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 10, 2008, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on December 10, 2008, 05:59:08 PM

C4ever
i was just throwing around some suggestions, you're correct though,none of those i mentioned would put up much of a challenge in Senior.
Any suggestions of amalgamations?? anyone???

I know i was just seen if i could get the rise out of someone. Drung and Kill used to join up and the last time they did had a very good team but it wouldn't be worth their while now.  It only causes problems in clubs in my opinion.

mylestheslasher

From Hoganstand....

Rowley takes Lacken job

Declan Rowley as Leitrim manager
10 December 2008

Lacken Celtic have appointed former Leitrim boss Declan Rowley as the club's new senior football manager.

by Shane Corrigan

Rowley, who managed Leitrim's senior footballers for three years before stepping aside in 2004 for Dessie Dolan to take over, succeeds Joe O'Connor in the position after the former Cavan Gaels boss brought the club to its highest finish in Division One in his first year in charge.

O'Connor was recently appointed to Tommy Carr's backroom team in Cavan, while Rowley now comes in having worked under Luke Dempsey for the past four years in his native county of Longford.

In 2005, he coached St Mel's College to a Leinster Championship final where the Longford students were narrowly beaten by Knockbeg of Carlow.

Meanwhile, Killeshandra Leaguers GFC have confirmed that they will be unveiling their new senior management to the club's players this coming weekend, while also verifying that an approach towards former Cavan boss Donal Keogan was made over the manager's position, where the Denn clubman told the club that he has opted to take a year out from football management.

Good God. I can't believe they got rid of one clown to try and replace him with another one. If Keoghan was 1st choice I wonder who 2nd choice is! I dred to think.