Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 30, 2008, 11:30:12 PM
How old is Dooher?  32 -33?  The whole Tyrone team was quite old so I reckon if you are good enough and hungry enough, play.

When will the panel be finalised?
the panel should be finalised in the next week.There were 2 final trials last Saturday and this weekend and also the regional final on today so they should have the panel well picked by now.Training starting next week I believe.

mylestheslasher

I heard a rumour that Mickey Graham is the new Ballyhaise manager. Any truth in that BHM? Would be a good appointment for ye.

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 01, 2008, 05:00:15 PM
I heard a rumour that Mickey Graham is the new Ballyhaise manager. Any truth in that BHM? Would be a good appointment for ye.
Its true

PhilsJemmysField

Any word from match on Sunday in Drumalee  did anybody put their best foot forward for a stab at the county

cavan4ever

Cavan V Fermanagh Clones
Cavan V Down Athletic Grounds

Heard this on radio this evening .  what is wrong with Newry, Enniskillen or Cavan as venues,

All seem a bit odd 2 me

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 02, 2008, 10:30:29 PM
Cavan V Fermanagh Clones

Heard this on radio this evening .  what is wrong with Newry, Enniskillen or Cavan as venues,

All seem a bit odd 2 me

I'm almost certain that is wrong. If fermanagh get through it is in Breffni. If Down in Newry. Where did you hear that?

BallyhaiseMan

Cavan V Fermanagh Breffini
Cavan V Down Newry

Myles as Bjangles already told you, its true, Im absolutely ecstatic about the appointment,
He pushed a Drumalee team which wasnt very far from the summit over the top,Im hoping he can do the same with us.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 02, 2008, 11:13:07 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on December 02, 2008, 10:30:29 PM
Cavan V Fermanagh Clones

All seem a bit odd 2 me

I'm almost certain that is wrong. If fermanagh get through it is in Breffni. If Down in Newry. Where did you hear that?

Heard it on Northern Sound seen the venues on the Hoganstand now,  i dunno how they can get things so wrong.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on December 03, 2008, 02:14:08 AM
Cavan V Fermanagh Breffini
Cavan V Down Newry

Myles as Bjangles already told you, its true, Im absolutely ecstatic about the appointment,
He pushed a Drumalee team which wasnt very far from the summit over the top,Im hoping he can do the same with us.
We definitely went over the top,we havent come back since!!!!
Is that the Championship fixture and venues??

BallyhaiseMan

id imagine it would be,
last year it was Antrim V Cavan in Belfast in Prelim

if Antrim had to have won,It would be an Armagh "Home" Fixture,
as Cavan won it was a Cavan home fixture.

Its bullshit if it has been changed.

Athletic Grounds couldnt hold a Cavan V Down game anyway.

mylestheslasher

I think it would be a farce if the venue changed. Whats the point in developing your ground if you get no games in it?

BBC had the origincal details of the draw  - see the link below....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7760247.stm

Swadman

Cool the jets, Myles. Youe are mixing up Football and Hurling. In the hurling championship Fermanagh will play Cavan in Brewster. In football, if they meet, it will be in Breffni.
Ulster Hurling Championship
First round (9 May)
Fermanagh v Cavan (Enniskillen)
Donegal v Tyrone (Letterkenny)
Armagh v Monaghan (Athletic Grounds)

Ulster Football Championship
6 June: Cavan v Fermanagh (Kingspan Breffni Park) or Down (Pairc Esler)

cavan4ever

Anyone have any news?  The Mckenna cup squad must be going to be named soon.

cavanmaniac

No news I'm afraid but am looking forward with interest to the naming of the panel. Will be the first real opportunity to assess Tommy Carr's ideas, albeit with a health warning given that it'll be a 30-man panel and only the McKenna Cup after all.

I didn't see any of the regional games, did anyone unheard of step up to the mark, can any one here reveal?

boojangles

Final trial games were held over the last few weekends.The management outlined that they wanted to have a panel picked for the 1st week or so of December.Tommy Carr spoke a bit about what he was looking for, such as team work,communication,work rate etc.The trial I was at 2 weeks ago was very loose with a few suspects trying to do it all themselves.Fitness levels wouldnt have been the best with alot of us but I thought that David Givney from Mountnugent really impressed,Paddy Gumley also showed well.Lorcan Mulvey looked good on the ball as usual.Its hard to know if there will be that many new faces called in.Most of the lads at that trial would have been on the County panel at some stage over the last few years.