Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on October 24, 2008, 07:25:19 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 24, 2008, 06:59:29 PM
Its a good idea the Regional Games,They werent taken too seriously last yera thats for sure, i know a good few lads asked to take part that turned up their noses at it.

anyone know if they are open to the public???

Might take a trip up to watch them.
Its up to the club to nominate who they want in, as far as I know.I seen them fixtures there,what clubs are West and East Cavan representing??
Ballyhaise Man would you not bring your gear along???

dont know Boojangles might be asked to attend tonight or tommorow, You never know  ;)
Have you gotten the call yourself?
You're well worth a place on the panel in my honest opinion.

boojangles

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 24, 2008, 07:31:45 PM
Its a good idea the Regional Games,They werent taken too seriously last yera thats for sure, i know a good few lads asked to take part that turned up their noses at it.

Its up to the club to nominate who they want in, as far as I know.I seen them fixtures there,what clubs are West and East Cavan representing??

dont know Boojangles might be asked to attend tonight or tommorow, You never know  ;)
Ye I was asked if I was interested last week but not sure if we'r playing this week,(hopefully not cos Im off to Galway 2mrw evening) just headin training now Il probably know more after.
Well if you are who I think you are BH Man judging on your County Final performance you are worth a place yourself.
Serious bit of Brown nosing going on here ha!!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on October 24, 2008, 07:40:17 PM

Ye I was asked if I was interested last week but not sure if we'r playing this week,(hopefully not cos Im off to Galway 2mrw evening) just headin training now Il probably know more after.
Well if you are who I think you are BH Man judging on your County Final performance you are worth a place yourself.

nah im not him Boojangles  ;),Nice try though  :P i was poor enough in the county final to be honest,
Played alright in some of the games beforehand though.

Drumalee might be included in some of those im not sure.

Swadman

Well done Phil Jemmys lads !!! Looks like I will have to invest in a new set of shock absorbers for me jam jar after all.

Swadman

There are 6 regional Teams:
ERNE GAELS = B/turbet, Drumlane, Redhills, Drung, Kill, B/Bridge, Balliangh.
W CAVAN GAELS = Kildallan, Corlough, Swad, Shannon Gaels, Templeport, Killeshandra, Cornafean, Gowna.
SHEELIN GAELS = M/horan, M/nugent, B/Machugh, Arva, C/Lough, Lacken.
ANNALEE GAELS = Cavan Gaels, D/lee, Killygarry, Denn, Lavey.
SILLAN GAELS = Cootehill, K/Bride, D/Goon, B/Boro, Shercock, Laragh.
EAST CAVAN  = K/court, Ramor, C/Rahan, Mahera, M/Connaght, Killinkere, C/Cullans.

cavanmaniac

Sure if two or three players fit for the intercounty squad were unearthed, it'd be worthwhile.

And if a full back and a midfielder materialised, I think I'd faint.

tierworker blue

Quote from: boojangles on October 24, 2008, 07:40:17 PM

Jaysus lads...get a room! (Only kidding...best of luck to anyone who gets the shout.)
Hopefully if the tree is shaken hard enough something new might fall out...!

Swadman

I see Ciallian Sheridan has scored Celtics 2nd goal. They lead Hibs 2:1
I think thats his first goal for the 1st team. Well done the lad.

anglocelt39

On a related topic, did anybody catch the program on the US open handball on TG4 this week. I caught all of the last five minutes today when I was surfing around. Wouldn't be a huge expert on the sport but to say Paul the Gunner looked impressive is an understatement. Spoke to somebody earlier in the week who had seen "Run 1" of the program and said he was very impressed with the Gunner, they did a bit of profiling and delved into his GAA activities a bit.

Fair play to young Sheridan, the head of the oul fella plus about six inches in height. Not sure if it's his first goal for the first team but as near as makes no differ
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

cavanmaniac

Saw the programme on the 2007 US Open ac39, they filmed a bit with Gunner down at the club and stuff, was a very enjoyable programme and Gunner came across as the progressive thinker and meticulous preparer that he is.

shotstopper1

Quote from: Swadman on October 24, 2008, 08:12:04 PM
There are 6 regional Teams:
ERNE GAELS = B/turbet, Drumlane, Redhills, Drung, Kill, B/Bridge, Balliangh.
W CAVAN GAELS = Kildallan, Corlough, Swad, Shannon Gaels, Templeport, Killeshandra, Cornafean, Gowna.
SHEELIN GAELS = M/horan, M/nugent, B/Machugh, Arva, C/Lough, Lacken.
ANNALEE GAELS = Cavan Gaels, D/lee, Killygarry, Denn, Lavey.
SILLAN GAELS = Cootehill, K/Bride, D/Goon, B/Boro, Shercock, Laragh.
EAST CAVAN  = K/court, Ramor, C/Rahan, Mahera, M/Connaght, Killinkere, C/Cullans.

BHM looks like your self and your teammates will be looking on from the sidelines,no room for ye in the regionals.

Hollow Man

Cavanmaniac, the number of the beast...

Denn Forever

Any major finds at the trial games?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

cavanmaniac

Quote from: Hollow Man on October 27, 2008, 10:30:31 AM
Cavanmaniac, the number of the beast...

I convulsed when I went to mass this morning. Now I know why.

Celt_Man

I was at the game in Kingscourt, Sillan Gaels against east Cavan Gaels. Sillan Gaels kicked them around the place. First of all can't believe they charged a fiver in, unbelievable. Fannin was a corner forward, kicked 5 or 6 points. McCutcheon was good in the middle and sean Gargan from Kingscourt impressed me too. McCarney and Liam Reilly had good first halves too. Didn't know many on the other side, killan lynch was decent that was about it.
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010