Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babe Ruth 47

Sme picture of Keoghan alright. A sorry specimen of an individual.

Looking forward to this weekends games? Seen the revised fixture schedule with the Gaels v Ramor game now on Sunday at 7:30. Any reason why its been changed from Sat. Nice and convieniet gap between the games so we can be charged in twice!

Killygarry v Gaels for me

cavanmaniac

Jasus Myles I was meant to send that to you and forgot, apologies old chap, but sure you got it in the end.

As for Keogan's end, the less said the better.

Mr. Pain

Libellous stuff there lads. Wanna be careful. :o
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavanmaniac on September 24, 2008, 12:15:05 PM
Jasus Myles I was meant to send that to you and forgot, apologies old chap, but sure you got it in the end.

As for Keogan's end, the less said the better.

No worries Maniac, I forgot about it myself until a buddy of mine sent it on. Mr Pain - do you know how to paste a picture into this thread, I have a really interesting one ;)

BallyhaiseMan

cornafean

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 24, 2008, 01:56:02 PM
Pm me it pwleeaaaaase lads.

Me too please, if you don't mind. Thanks. The mind is boggling at the moment.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Mr. Pain

Mr. Pain is not too sure what you mean but, go on, send it through to him if you can!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Denn Forever

Ballyhaise Man, you can now change your subscript to "HELLOOOO  TOMMY" and make him feel at home.  Donal is gone, long live Donal. ;)
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tierworker blue

I see big james has another all star nomination. I did'nt expect it this year, but fair dues. The best keeper in the country in my opinion.

(By the way, what's this Keoghan email thats doin' the rounds?...someone bang it on to me if you get the chance!)

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 24, 2008, 05:22:03 PM
Ballyhaise Man, you can now change your subscript to "HELLOOOO  TOMMY" and make him feel at home.  Donal is gone, long live Donal. ;)

:)

cavan4ever

Quote from: tierworker blue on September 25, 2008, 12:04:23 AM
I see big james has another all star nomination. I did'nt expect it this year, but fair dues. The best keeper in the country in my opinion.

(By the way, what's this Keoghan email thats doin' the rounds?...someone bang it on to me if you get the chance!)

I didn't see that coming either don't think he will get it but you never know.

boojangles

Best of luck to all our Posters competing in the Park today.Any Predictions lads?
Im gonna go for a draw with Lavey and Ballyhaise,Killygarry to sneak to the final and as much as Id like to see 2 new teams in the Final I cant see the Gaels giving up the crown yet.

anglocelt39

Fair play to James Reilly on his all star nomination, great honour particularly given the non-season we had in the championship. Am I the only one who heard we had one nomination on the radio and thought it was Sean Johnston? Think it will be tricky enough for James to get the All Star. If theres a bit of a quota mentality brought to the pick they will take the view that Wexford are due one or two all stars and the Keeper might be in to fill one on that basis. Also no problem in satisfying Ulster's needs via Tyrone nominees.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Denn Forever

We have made the final.  Yippee!!!!

Was at all the games today.

Ballyhaise won the intermediate.  Should be a humdinger against Redhills.  Is there any love between the two teams?  I hope there has been not intense rivalry between them in the past a we want the "potentially" best and most  evenly balanced game being spoiled by settling any old scores.  Ballyhaise were slow to start but until the Lavey goal, they were cruising.  Dodgy goal as you couldn't see if the ball had crossed the line and anyway I don't think pushing the player is allowed?

As you may have gathered from above, we won the first semi final.  Was hoping that we might meet Ramor in the final but the Gaels we just too good.  Denn we awful in the first half.  Lucky to get a point with 5 minutes to go, to take the bad look off it.  Killygarry should have been well home before half time.  And missing the penalty gave me the sneaking feeling that it might be our day.  Glad we won, for Martin's sake.

Cavan Gaels won.  Was a poor game with Ramor never in it except at the start of the second half when they were going well until the second goal went in.  Both CG goals were well worked.  Sean Johnson showed why he might get a game in Australia.  Some good points and he showed his strenght in fighting for and keeping possession.

How can we beat them?  Man marking all over the field and failing that, bringing down to our level.  Pains me to say it but our only hope may be that they go out for a meal the evening before the final and suffer the way the Tottenham did a few years ago.  They seem to have great players all over the field.  Any suggestions how we might give them a game?

I wonder was Tommy Carr at any of the games today?  If he didn't have a program, he would have thought the first game was the senior game.  

I'll sign off now and dream about how we can beat CG.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 28, 2008, 10:11:32 PM
We have made the final.  Yippee!!!!

Was at all the games today.

Ballyhaise won the intermediate.  Should be a humdinger against Redhills.  Is there any love between the two teams?  I hope there has been not intense rivalry between them in the past a we want the "potentially" best and most  evenly balanced game being spoiled by settling any old scores.  Ballyhaise were slow to start but until the Lavey goal, they were cruising.  Dodgy goal as you couldn't see if the ball had crossed the line and anyway I don't think pushing the player is allowed?

As you may have gathered from above, we won the first semi final.  Was hoping that we might meet Ramor in the final but the Gaels we just too good.  Denn we awful in the first half.  Lucky to get a point with 5 minutes to go, to take the bad look off it.  Killygarry should have been well home before half time.  And missing the penalty gave me the sneaking feeling that it might be our day.  Glad we won, for Martin's sake.

Cavan Gaels won.  Was a poor game with Ramor never in it except at the start of the second half when they were going well until the second goal went in.  Both CG goals were well worked.  Sean Johnson showed why he might get a game in Australia.  Some good points and he showed his strenght in fighting for and keeping possession.

How can we beat them?  Man marking all over the field and failing that, bringing down to our level.  Pains me to say it but our only hope may be that they go out for a meal the evening before the final and suffer the way the Tottenham did a few years ago.  They seem to have great players all over the field.  Any suggestions how we might give them a game?

I wonder was Tommy Carr at any of the games today?  If he didn't have a program, he would have thought the first game was the senior game.  

I'll sign off now and dream about how we can beat CG.

Congrats to BMH and Denn Forever. Commisserations to Hollow Man.

How do you beat the gaels? Have no idea.