Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on August 29, 2008, 04:57:52 PM
QuoteJust because Dermot runs with his shoulders out like an American footballer and wears tight shorts doesnt make him Trevor Crowe

Some questions about this setence:

1) How does an American footballer run?
2) Why are you concerned with how tight his shorts are?
3) How would anyone think that wearing a particular style of shorts and having an odd way of running 'makes' you a footballer from Lacken?
4) What other players have nice shorts?

Thanks.
Good Man Hollow,You have nothing good to add to the argument or anything to back up your argument so you turn it into a farce and turn it away from an argument about football.But at least you impressed Mr Pain.

JMohan

Is it looking now like only King and Corrigan are in for the job?

Lawrence of Knockbride

The sky is darkening and I feel a shiver down my spine..................

New Cavan boss to be known by next week
02 September 2008

The Cavan County Board is hoping to know who will lead the county's senior team into the 2009 season in the "next seven to ten days".

Interviews to find the man who will take over from Donal Keogan have commenced today (Tuesday) and County Board chairman Philip Smith is hopeful that the Denn man's successor will be known by next week.

Smith told the Cavan Post: "Hopefully inside the next seven to ten days we will be in a position to appoint a new manager.

"There are between eight to ten candidates for the role, and they're all within a 50 mile radius of Cavan," added Smith.

The chairman also added that recruitment company Sportstracker would be lending a hand during the week-long interview process, indicating whom they feel is the best person for the job.

"They (Sportstracker) will be aiding and assisting us in the interview process and recommending who they feel is the best candidate to do the job."

The fact that Smith has stated that all the candidates, voted for by clubs within the Breffni County, are within a 50 mile radius of Cavan fuels speculation that the likes of ex-Fermanagh boss Dominic Corrigan and former player Stephen King are still among the front runners to take the position.

Lawrence of Knockbride

It's from Hoganstand website and includes direct quotes but I suppose I cannot be certain.  So come on then, who's your source. Give me some hope.

mylestheslasher

Yeh, no point sneaking in here looking for hints on what we have heard and then not letting us know what you have heard.

mylestheslasher

Assuming Hoganstand is right, this is who I believe is available inside 50 miles of Cavan

Paul Grimley
Damian Cassidy
Paul Caffrey
Tommy Brehony
Jack O Connor
Joe Kiernan - Won't manage anyone other than Armagh until his sons are done playing
Charlie Mulgrew
Pat Roe
Luke Dempsey
Paidi O Se
John Maughan
Colm Coyle
Sean Boylan
Dominic Corrigan
Tommy Carr
James McCartan ?
Pete McGrath ?
Teddy Holland
Billy Morgan - surely too far away unless he'd move
Jody Gormley
Terry Hyland
Tony Brady
Stephen King
Glenn Ryan
Dessie Dolan
Bernard Morris

Some I am guessing on distance as I am not sure where they are based. Hard to get  too excited about that list.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Thastheball on September 03, 2008, 10:29:26 AM
Myles the hogan stand has been fed alot of bull. I can tell u that this man lives a bit away. Will he say yes to an interview...doubtfull...but thats my guess, I will find out his answer tomorrow.

Ah give us a hint - is he on my list

cornafean

Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 03, 2008, 09:41:51 AM

Paul Grimley

Paul Caffrey

??

Armagh is within 50 miles of the county. As is Dublin, more or less.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Davitt Man

Junior C\Ship Saturday

Kildallon v Templeport

What way do people think this will go??

CC1

Quote from: cornafean on September 03, 2008, 11:17:05 AM

Paul Grimley

Paul Caffrey

??

Yup... I'm less than 50 miles from Dublin and 18 Miles to Crossmaglen. They don't say exactly what part of Cavan the radius is from so I assume it is within a 50 mile radius of Co. Cavan.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

CC1

Quote from: Davitt Man on September 03, 2008, 11:22:06 AM
Junior C\Ship Saturday

Kildallon v Templeport

What way do people think this will go??
Really hard to say, its usually a really tight game whenever two local rivals play each other and this game will be no different. It all depends on who has the hunger on the day. I think that Kildallon might have the edge as they have played a few games in the qualifiers where as Templeport have been waiting over a month since their first round match... A draw or Kildallon by a point for me.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on September 03, 2008, 11:17:05 AM

Paul Grimley

Paul Caffrey

??

Well I presumed they meant Cavan town which is 60 -70 miles from Dublin surely. Armagh is probably close to 50 miles alright. I better ring the county board and see is it as the crow flies, using only major roads or all in.

cornafean

Depends on what way you read it, alright. 50 miles from Cavan town effectively means someone from an immediately neighbouring county, ie Leitrim, Fermanagh, Monaghan, Meath, or Westmeath, and perhaps South Tyrone, parts of Armagh and Louth.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

CC1

Remember, Philip Smith is from Kingscourt also so he might have it as 50 miles from his house...  ;D

boojangles

Denn 0 11  Cuchullains  0.07
No respect Denn Forever but I have to say I was shocked by this result.I know ya should never b shocked by Championship football but after playing both clubs this year I really felt that Cuchulainns could b ready to make the step into the Top 2/3 teams in the County.They seemed to have a very nice blend of experience in Terry Farrelly,Tommy the Bo,Martin Lynch,Barry Smith,Seamus Clarke etc mixed with some fine young talent coming along in Conor Smith,Eugene Keating,Adrian Taite.
Have to say that I was very impressed with Ramor when I seen them against Lacken.Im not sure how the Semi-Final draw goes if its decided already (mayb Hollow could fill me in) but I think Ramor could b heading for a County final which would b very good for football in the County I believe.Although seeing Kingscourt back in their 1st final since 99 wouldnt b at alll bad either.
But at the end of the day I still dont see any club taking the mantle of the Gaels just yet.
As regards all the talk about prospective Cavan managers,I really think its idle talk at the end of the day because no matter what any of us think We really have no say in it and its gonna come down to whoever Philip Smith and Co think is suitable.As has happened before I really wouldnt b that confident that they will find the right man to please most of us.I have come to accept that thats just the way things go in Cavan.Sad I know.