Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollow Man

It struck me as complete dung too, but bear in mind that this is the same Myles who, on another thread about players who went on to high-profile success after playing county football, wrote that "Big Tom O'Reilly was a TD and I'm sure there are other TD's, I'll have to look into it."

Anyone with even half a brain cell would immediately think of John Wilson, All Ireland senior medallist and Tanaiste. But not old Mylie!

Also, Myles has a serious problem with Stephen King for some reason, and to the best of my knowledge has neevr said a good word about his clubman on this board.

Myles, I like you but you need to get away from the likes Ballyhaise Man and learn to think things through clearly before you post something.

What says you AngloCelt39, moral guardian of all that is right and fair on this board? Want to come down hard on the Hollow Man, or will you leave it to class clown BH Man - he of the "Cavan club football is better then Monaghan, Gaels beat Clontibret, Wee Eamon, Aidan Connolly" school of idiocy -  to bite the lure?

Mr. Pain

Oh my God the shits kicking off here! And Mr. Pain don't mean that runny shit an athlete might get mid-action or the stuff you pourput on your chicken. No way Mr. Pain is talkin' about good old hard house-knockin', decapitating, pulpitating, retardating shhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! We is gonna have to put some plastic sheets down here and take away the ornaments cause the shit is flying in here. Rant over! 
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

First up - that is a true story. Believe it or not, thats up to you. The thing is, the chairman doesn't get to pick the manager in isolation. 2nd I did embarrasingly forget John Wilson, I knew I was forgeting someone and it just wouldn't come to me. My apologies Hollowman for this terrible crime. I have said a good word about King, i.e. he was a very good footballer. However, I have also outlined that the negative side of the man far out weighs the good. **Deleted**. As i said before, it is always clowns from other parts of the county, that just seen the man play, who come out defending his greatness. I am glad you like me Hollowman, it means a lot to me. Unfortunately, I find your posts totally over aggressive. You didn't need to come on implying that I had half a brain cell did you? Then throw in a kick a BHM (who in my opinion is a very good and fair poster on this board), and then another dig at Anglocelt39. Part of me thinks you are a piss taker here to raise a row and sit back at home on your pc giggling to yourself - is that what passes for fun now in Virginia? It is you that needs to  take a deep breath before posting I'm afraid.

Now onto cornafean. Can I ask you 2 questions? Anytime you have come onto a Cavan topic on this board it was to defend the county chairman (first Cartright and now Smith). You have posted numerous occassions on the board but not on Cavan issues. Why do you not post on the Cavan thread? Is it a coincidence you have defended both these men in the past, would you be on the county board at some level?

Relax Mr Pain - I'm not going to rise to it in the way some would like me to - put the plastic sheeting away.

boojangles

Quote from: Hollow Man on August 08, 2008, 11:35:57 AM

What says you AngloCelt39, moral guardian of all that is right and fair on this board? Want to come down hard on the Hollow Man, or will you leave it to class clown BH Man - he of the "Cavan club football is better then Monaghan, Gaels beat Clontibret, Wee Eamon, Aidan Connolly" school of idiocy -  to bite the lure?

Hollow Man I think You should have thought that sentence thru before ya posted it cos it doesnt make much sense.
Anyway lads relax,Are we gonna have a big split on this thread or we gonna stop the petty arguments.Iv had my problems with MR.Pain before but thats all sorted.Hollow you and BH Man obviously will never marry but there is no need for the rest of the slagging towards Myles.
I find his posts usually well thought out and informative.He obviously has a thing about Stephen King but I can see where he is coming from.I know plenty of Ex and Current Cavan footballers who would still b treated like some kinda Gods around the place just because of who they are,but if the truth be told they are nothing but chancers who are still living off their names and hav no problem exploiting people because they still think they are somebody.
Im not implying in any way that Stephen King was like this.
Anyway lads Chill the f**k out

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on August 08, 2008, 11:35:57 AM
It struck me as complete dung too, but bear in mind that this is the same Myles who, on another thread about players who went on to high-profile success after playing county football, wrote that "Big Tom O'Reilly was a TD and I'm sure there are other TD's, I'll have to look into it."

Anyone with even half a brain cell would immediately think of John Wilson, All Ireland senior medallist and Tanaiste. But not old Mylie!

Also, Myles has a serious problem with Stephen King for some reason, and to the best of my knowledge has neevr said a good word about his clubman on this board.

Myles, I like you but you need to get away from the likes Ballyhaise Man and learn to think things through clearly before you post something.

did you just blow a casket typing out that post?
For someone who once told me to calm down on here, maybe you heed your own advice.
Lunatic  :D

cornafean

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 08, 2008, 12:05:34 PM
Now onto cornafean. Can I ask you 2 questions? Anytime you have come onto a Cavan topic on this board it was to defend the county chairman (first Cartright and now Smith). You have posted numerous occassions on the board but not on Cavan issues. Why do you not post on the Cavan thread? Is it a coincidence you have defended both these men in the past, would you be on the county board at some level?

I most certainly am not a County Board member at any level, nor have I ever been. What I said was not a defence of Phil Smith. I merely pointed out that Smith would never make such a comment to anyone, least of all at a social function such as a wedding.

I make no apology for the relative infrequency of my posts here (athough these are not as infrequent as you make out). Unlike some others I have a job to do and do not log on as often as I would like. And unlike some others I only bother posting when I feel I have something useful to say.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

cavan4ever

Quote from: cornafean on August 08, 2008, 02:03:32 PM

I most certainly am not a County Board member at any level, nor have I ever been. What I said was not a defence of Phil Smith. I merely pointed out that Smith would never make such a comment to anyone, least of all at a social function such as a wedding.

I make no apology for the relative infrequency of my post here. Unlike some others I have a job to do and do not log on as often as I like. And unlike some others I only bother posting when I feel I have something useful to say.

If we all kept to that it would be a quiet board  :P

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on August 08, 2008, 02:03:32 PM

I make no apology for the relative infrequency of my posts here (athough these are not as infrequent as you make out). Unlike some others I have a job to do and do not log on as often as I would like. And unlike some others I only bother posting when I feel I have something useful to say.

Just to make it clear. You have posted 122 times, of which 4 were on the Cavan thread. Surely you have something interesting to say - perhaps about the dire state of Cornafean football this year, where ye were threatened with relegation to div 4? Now you must have some connections with Phillip Smith if you claim to know him so well that you could say it is impossible that he made that comment - cos I know for absilute certainty that he did say that. And you know what - he is fully entitled to have an opinion on the matter.

cornafean

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 08, 2008, 02:55:32 PM
... you could say it is impossible that he made that comment - cos I know for absilute certainty that he did say that.

How can this be so when you say yourself that you heard this story second hand?  "A lad I know..."

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on August 08, 2008, 03:11:11 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 08, 2008, 02:55:32 PM
... you could say it is impossible that he made that comment - cos I know for absilute certainty that he did say that.

How can this be so when you say yourself that you heard this story second hand?  "A lad I know..."

Because the guy I know is a very good friend of mine. He doesn't talk shite and when he tells me something I know I can stand by it 100%.

cornafean

Fair enough.  It will be interesting to see if King gets the job.

cavanmaniac

I can't see them going to the very public and somewhat embarrassing trouble of this sportstracker malarkey if they were sure of their man already and it was a done deal. I know they went through some sort of charade before appointing Keogan, with interviews etc., but I doubt they'd be this elaborate if King was already the anointed son.

I'll restate the opinion that I doubt there's anyone in the county could do the job well or command the respect and discipline of a very wayward buynch of players that at the very least need a good kick in the hole to buck them up. Unless there's someone out there hiding their very big light under a very big bushel.

- Actually, I'd heard that about those team pics before alright but I'd be careful about posting an allegation like that, you might be best advised to modify it with an 'allegedly' in there somewhere.

anglocelt39

Looking for a new County manager via a recruitment agency, I'd share a lot of the reservations of various posters and would particularly be in agreement with the Tierworker man. Just a few thoughts of my own, does this in part reflect the a bit of desperation along the lines that not many fellas that want to advance their reputation would be all that keen to go near us, given the sort of stories doing the rounds re discipline/application etc. The one hope I would have with this approach is if there is a shit keen sort lurking out there that might be uncovered by a headhunter. Putting it another way, not too many people had heard of Jason Ryan two years ago and he's done a bloody good job at Wexford, particulalry impressed with how he picked them up against Down after the Dublin game. The next appointment is vital, as there is potential there, look at where Kildare are this weekend and we had them all but bet up a stick a few weeks ago.

PS-welcome on board to our new member Babe Ruth. I can do no better than repeat verbatim the words of our irony free zone from the Shores of Lough Ramor........" Keep posting sense and you'll be very welcome!........................................................."
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cornafean on August 08, 2008, 05:31:49 PM
Fair enough.  It will be interesting to see if King gets the job.
I don't think the comment by smith means that King will get the job, he was only stating his own opinion on the thing. The point I was making initially was that it worried me that people so high up the ladder hold King in such high regard. In the end of the day it will be a group of people who decide and best of luck to whoever gets the job.

Hollow Man

Myles, on a scale of one to ten, how would you rank Stephen King as a person?

One being Frog Ward and ten being Gandhi.

Can you also give reasons for your answer.

Cheers,

Hollow Man