Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Id b very suprised if the Gaels dont make it 6 titles since 2001.

But will they have a hope in Ulster club competion?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

BallyhaiseMan

as for Lacken, a very understrength Ballyhaise team missing 7 starters against Drumalee beat Lacken last night,who were missing Trevor Crowe and Colm Sheridan and maybe a few more(LackenLegend will tell us im sure)
Lacken seem to have hit a bad patch of form.

Hollow Man

Were you playing yourself Haise Man?

How is Cullivan playing?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Hollow Man on August 06, 2008, 11:36:51 PM
Were you playing yourself Haise Man?

How is Cullivan playing?

i was Yes Hollow Man, why do you ask? still trying to find out who i am  :P  :P

Ray was outstanding, kicked some fantastic scores and got on alot of ball.

Hes coming back to his best.

LackenLegend

Yeah, you're right there Boojangles the Gaels had it very handy in the second half especially. We totally collapsed as a unit at that stage. As for the Ballyhaise game i wouldn't be too bothered about it. I heard it was a shitty evening with poor football being played by teams missing players. I wasn't at it myself but from the Gaels game (not really something to go by i know) we were missing Trevor Crowe, Micheal Shanaghy, Colm Sheridan, Phillip Moynagh, Shane Sheridan.....can't remember if there was any more. Belturbet on Sunday is the big one.
Timmmmy!

cavan4sam

Jaysus lads ye are on very late!!

So who do ye think will come through the qualifiers?

Castlerahan a bye Team 1
Knockbride v Ballinagh Team 2
Ramor v Losers C'lough/Gowna Team 3
Belturbet v Lacken Team 4

Think Ballinagh will beat Knockbride,
I'm going for a shock here and think ill pick Ramor to upset Gowna (although from what i heard Ramor were on beer for 3 days after losing to the Cucus)
And a full strenght Lacken to beat Belturbet

So that leaves
Castlerahan V Ballinagh
Ramor V Lacken

Ballinagh to beat a weakened Castlerahan side even with 3 county men
Lacken to beat Ramor

Leaving it a local derby in th qualifier final with Ballinagh winning.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cavanfan

From the Hoganstand

Cavan take alternative route in management appointment
07 August 2008

It is understood that Cavan County Board will be looking to a Dundalk-based recruiting company to help find a replacement for Donal Keogan, who left his position as Cavan senior team manager last month.

SportTrackerjobs provide an analysis support system for sportspeople and are the company that will play a major part in allocating a new senior boss in the Breffni County.

Anyone considered by the County Board as a potential candidate will be invited to apply online at www.sporttrackerjobs.ie and nominations from clubs within the county can be made until next Monday, after which a list will be constructed for interviews for the position.

According to Managing Director Peter Larkin the service will be free to Cavan on SportTracker's part in order to raise awareness of the company which began last year.

Cavan County Board chairman Philip Smith admitted that their reasons for using the recruiting companied were to consider all options and appoint the best person possible.

"We want to make the best effort we can to find the right man for the job which is why we're involving SportTracker," said Smith.

Whether or not the new Cavan boss' appointment proves to be a success could have a telling impact on whether the company will last, but with several managers departing in recent weeks it looks to be a good time to launch the programme.

boojangles

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 06, 2008, 08:53:28 PM
Id b very suprised if the Gaels dont make it 6 titles since 2001.

But will they have a hope in Ulster club competion?

The quick answer is No.The Gaels in the middle of their 3 in a row winning team(03-05) were at their strongest and were beating strong opposition in Mullahoran for 3 years.Thens when they should have been winning Ulster.They had Anthony Forde,Micky Graham and Cathal Collins still on top of their game and they had Micky Lyng at the height of his powers.Now they have neither.The Gaels may still win Ulster in the coming years but I dont think it will b this year.

Babe Ruth 47

Similar views here too re the qualifiers, however I think Gowna will definitely overcome Ramor. The Belturbet v Lacken game should be extremely close with Lacken probably shading it. I hope for their sake Finbarr Reilly steps up to the mark as he was very poor the last day. Was very impressed with Raymond Galligan. Although he missed a lot of chances she was always showing and won a huge amount of ball of Rabitte. My predictions for the semis are too great matches:

C'rahan v Ballinagh
Gowna v Lacken

with probably Ballinagh and Lacken victorious.

As for the county champions the Gaels seem right on track, though if the draw goes their way I feel maybe Killygarry give them a rattle in the County final. I seen Killygarry three times this year and when they hit the right gear they play with a great intensity. Questions remain can they carry the form they have shown into the championship after the break they have had
though Cuchallains are in a similar situation. I feel they should easily overcome Denn and would relish the opportunity of a pop at the Gaels.

mylestheslasher

From Hoganstand...

Cavan take alternative route in management appointment
07 August 2008

It is understood that Cavan County Board will be looking to a Dundalk-based recruiting company to help find a replacement for Donal Keogan, who left his position as Cavan senior team manager last month.

SportTrackerjobs provide an analysis support system for sportspeople and are the company that will play a major part in allocating a new senior boss in the Breffni County.

Anyone considered by the County Board as a potential candidate will be invited to apply online at www.sporttrackerjobs.ie and nominations from clubs within the county can be made until next Monday, after which a list will be constructed for interviews for the position.

According to Managing Director Peter Larkin the service will be free to Cavan on SportTracker's part in order to raise awareness of the company which began last year.

Cavan County Board chairman Philip Smith admitted that their reasons for using the recruiting companied were to consider all options and appoint the best person possible.

"We want to make the best effort we can to find the right man for the job which is why we're involving SportTracker," said Smith.

Whether or not the new Cavan boss' appointment proves to be a success could have a telling impact on whether the company will last, but with several managers departing in recent weeks it looks to be a good time to launch the programme.

Are we going mad or something. Somehow I can't see Joe Kiernan touching up his cv and sending it into a recruitment agency. I think our county board have totally lost the plot. The best managers don't need us as much as we need them and I simply can't see this approach working at all.

BallyhaiseMan

My Application for the Cavan job is going in today lads.

Boojangles can be the Physical Trainer

Myles,Maniac,Anglocelt Selectors

HollowMan can do PR.

and there will be jobs for all of you aswell  ;)

cavanmaniac

;D

Sweet Lord, we're on ebay looking for a new manager. What next?

Ach sure it'll be a good gauge for the county board to see the level and calibre of interest out there. If they don't like the applications, they can always approach their own candidates I suppose.

In a way I'm slightly rncouraged that it seems to indicate they're not just looking within the county because I don't think there's anyone there could do it.

BallyhaiseMan

whats the bet they get al load of lads applying for the craic?

for example

Name: BallyhaiseMan

CV: i won the National League, Ulster Championship and the All Ireland 10 years in a row on GAA Football 2008 on the PS2  ;D

how on earth you need help with these things from Sports Management Companies i dont know  ::)

Pathetic on the county boards behalf.

tierworker blue

personally i think its a county board cop-out...if it goes badly they can wash their hands of it and if it goes well (perhaps it might...it can't exactly get worse than it was under keogan!) they can pat each other on the back for being innovative and ahead of the pack.
until i research the company involved i reserve judgement on them, but it smacks of snake oil sales at the moment.
on a positive note, im all for keeping the decision away from the county board, because in my opinion they hav'nt a clue about so many aspects of how things should be done, but i believe that a panel of intelligent, respected ex players (for example john donnellan, ronan carolan etc etc...there are plenty of capable people available) could have gotten their heads together and came up with a list of candidates for the job...essentially doing exactly what this recruitment company is doing, but keeping it all 'in house' so to speak. im afraid of someone who is all talk and no trousers getting the job just because they do a good interview. we need to start getting things right at every level from here on out if we're to get out of the doldrums and have a bright future (which is entirely possible...it may take a while, but it can be done!)
anyway, that's my sixpence...whether we agree with this approach or not it's going ahead, so hopefully it will click (i'll happilly eat my words in exchange for some success to shout about!)

cornafean

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 05, 2008, 05:10:08 PM

A lad I know was at a wedding attended by the county chairman (Can't remember his name now). He got talking to him about the county job. Well our chairman told him that it would be great if King were to get it since he achieved so much in the past.

Dunno where you heard that story Myles, but it sounds like a load of cobblers. There is absolutely no way that Philip Smith, the County Chairman, would say something like that, either in relation to Stephen King or any other possible candidate for the position.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.