Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Btw
we got battered by Cuchullains at the weekend 1-17 to 0-9

They will do some damage in the senior championship this year,although they probably wont have enough to win it.

cavan4ever

I don't think that there is a drink ban in place anyway.

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 15, 2008, 02:03:23 PM
Btw
we got battered by Cuchullains at the weekend 1-17 to 0-9

They will do some damage in the senior championship this year,although they probably wont have enough to win it.

Who have ye left to play now HaiseMan? Mullahoran is one of them I believe but can't remember the second. 3 points out of 4 to sink the yellow submarine.

Like the rest of ye I'll be heading for Newbridge but I'm still struggling to find a reason to justify the trip. Also not sure if it has been mentioned but Ronan Flanagan is still doubtful for the Kildare match.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2008, 01:25:46 PM
Maybe some of the players will always abuse the rules and if they are of that kind they should be kicked of the panel. But I feel  that in the majority of cases the manager is just weak on the issue. He owns a pub, has a "colourful" reputation and brings the teams into his pub on lock ins after matches. Do you expect players to take drinks bans serious when this is the craic that has been going on all year. You put a Ger Loughnane in charge of Cavan and I bet you that anyone drinking when there is a drinks ban or matches approaching will be gone and will be replaced with someone who wants to give their all for the county. Like in a business, behaviour and discipline always comes from the top down and that is one of the major problems we have.

What he said. Carrying players who think they're bigger than the team when they're really just custodians of a tradition that will always be bigger than themselves, should never be an option no matter what the imapct in the short term. Until we see things this way, we're going nowhere. You'd also be surprised how previously wayward players would buy into a disciplined setup when they see the results it can bring. As it stands, you can't talk to any other county player in the country but when they hear where you're from, they all mention the shambolic attitude of the Cavan set up at all levels, administrative, management and players.

Celt_Man

Ahh I think the pair of boys, Flanagan and Jelly will be alright in the end.... Jaysus help us if they are missing... who will be mid field now that McDonald, Cunningham and Gaffney dropped out? Mulvey and A.N. Other?? Anyone know about Walshe?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Can someone please post the fixtures for next weekend's championship games, i want to start planning my weekend.

CC1

Thursday, 24th July 2008 @ 8pm

Hotel Kimore Senior Championship

Crosserlough v Gowna
Venue:  Kingspan Breffni Park
Referee:  Brian Crowe

Hotel Kilmore Junior Championship
Butlersbridge v Drung
Venue:  Annalee Park, Ballyhaise
Referee:  Raymond Tynan

Friday, 25th July 2008 @ 8pm

Belturbet v Mullahoran
Referee:  Martin Sexton

Denn v Knockbride
Venue:  Lavey GAA Grounds, New Inns
Referee:  Packie Smith

Mountnugent v Shercock
Venue:  P.J. Duke Park, Stradone
Referee:  Seamus O'Connor

Saturday, 26th July 2008 @ 7.30pm

Castlerahan v Kingscourt
Venue:  Ramor United Park, Virgina
Referee:  Oliver O'Reilly

Cavan Gaels v Lacken
Referee:  Joe McQuillan

Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship

Laragh v Redhills (Match at 5pm)
Venue:  St. Felim's Park, Drumalee
Referee:  Ollie Donohoe

Lavey v Killinkere (Match at 6pm)
Referee:  Gerry Sheridan

Templeport v Cornafean (Game at 5pm)
Venue:  Páirc Na Gaeilige, Ballyconnell
Referee:  Darren Ward

Arva v Corlough
Venue:  St. Aidan's Park, Bawnboy
Referee:  Robbie McDermott

Shannon Gaels v Maghera
Venue:  O'Connell Park, Drumlane
Referee:  Brian Seagrave

Munterconnacht v Kildallon
Venue:  Athletic Grounds, Crubany, Killygarry
Referee:  John Emmo

Sunday, 27th July 2008 @ 3pm

Cuchullains v Ramor
Venue:  O'Reilly Park, Kingscourt
Referee:  Jimmy Galligan - Killygarry

Hotel Kilmore Intermediate Championship

Killeshandra v Bailieboro (Game at 2.30pm)
Referee:  Brendan Sweeney

Cootehill v Drumgoon (Game at 4pm)
Referee:  Martin Brady - Ballinagh

Kill v Swanlinbar (Game at 3pm)
Venue:  Rory O'Moore Park, Belturbet
Referee:  Patrick Brady

Drumalee v Ballyhaise (Game at 7.30pm)
Referee:  Jimmy Galligan - Lacken

Ballymachugh v Drumlane (Game at 7.30pm)
Venue:  Páirc Naomh Fionnán, Cornafean
Referee:  Raymond Kelly
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Celt_Man

Some serious games there...
Drung and Bultersbridge could be the junior tie of the round,
Gaels and Lacken on the saturday and especially Cuchullainns v ramor will be a interesting game, both teams going well in their leagues and a derby as well...
bailieboro and killeshandra should be a tight affair as well, have the pair of boys at mid field went to america yet Myles??
Ballyhaise and Drumalee should be a civil affair in breffini on sunday evening.... then ourselves against our fellow parishioners Drumgoon will be twice as civil as haise v drumalee!! ;)

Celt_Man

oh by the by, anyone else hear a dirty rumour about the last two rounds of the league are supposed to be scheduled for the first two weeks in october!!! and the county board said they would have the league, finals and all, wrapped up by the end of June :D :D

Hollow Man

One Cavan player was at Oxegen last week and missed a challenge match with the blessing of the management.

Another couple were, shamelessly, on the rip over the weekend (both will be starting).

Meanwhile, the entire Kildare panel were in the National Training Centre (think that's right?) in Limerick doing fitness tests.

Who is your money on?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on July 16, 2008, 11:55:07 AM
Gaels and Lacken on the saturday and especially Cuchullainns v ramor will be a interesting game, both teams going well in their leagues and a derby as well...
bailieboro and killeshandra should be a tight affair as well, have the pair of boys at mid field went to america yet Myles??
Ballyhaise and Drumalee should be a civil affair in breffini on sunday evening.... then ourselves against our fellow parishioners Drumgoon will be twice as civil as haise v drumalee!! ;)

Only Declan McKiernan is gone to America and will not be playing. Haven't been talking to the lads lately but they had picked up a number of suspensions in recent times and I am not sure if  they are up yet or not. No doubt that the leaguers form has dipped since start of the year but I did see them against B'Boro in the league and I couldn't believe how bad B'boro were. I still think leaguers will win that one.

I've decided not to  go to Kildare match. I'm not wasting my time driving from the west coast to Newbridge to watch players who have clearly already given up, with the blessing of the manager it appears. I think Kildare will win easy - although what they are doing fitness tests for at this time of the year is a bit of a mystery too!

Lawrence of Knockbride

Myles, Damien Higgins is also gone to the states so he won't be playing either. I think the suspensions are up too.

Hollow Man

QuoteMaybe some of the players will always abuse the rules and if they are of that kind they should be kicked of the panel. But I feel  that in the majority of cases the manager is just weak on the issue. He owns a pub, has a "colourful" reputation and brings the teams into his pub on lock ins after matches. Do you expect players to take drinks bans serious when this is the craic that has been going on all year. You put a Ger Loughnane in charge of Cavan and I bet you that anyone drinking when there is a drinks ban or matches approaching will be gone and will be replaced with someone who wants to give their all for the county. Like in a business, behaviour and discipline always comes from the top down and that is one of the major problems we have.

Almost missed this. My sentiments EXACTLY.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2008, 01:21:59 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on July 16, 2008, 11:55:07 AM

Only Declan McKiernan is gone to America and will not be playing. Haven't been talking to the lads lately but they had picked up a number of suspensions in recent times and I am not sure if  they are up yet or not. No doubt that the leaguers form has dipped since start of the year but I did see them against B'Boro in the league and I couldn't believe how bad B'boro were. I still think leaguers will win that one.

I've decided not to  go to Kildare match. I'm not wasting my time driving from the west coast to Newbridge to watch players who have clearly already given up, with the blessing of the manager it appears. I think Kildare will win easy - although what they are doing fitness tests for at this time of the year is a bit of a mystery too!

Not really Myles,
Bleep Tests
Speed Endurance Tests
Vo2 Max tests.
They would help a manager assess the fitness levels of each player and whether he has it in him to play 70 minutes of championship football.
I dont know if you have done some of these,but they constitute a good training session in themselves.
Definetely better preparation that attending Oxygen anyway  :D
It would be hilarious if it werent so sad.

mylestheslasher

Forgot about Damian Higgins. BHM - Did the bleep test in my day, but always in pre season to make sure we were making progress. Never heard of it been used so close to important matches.