Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Just after hearing there Pierson is gone from the panel.Left it last week after Gowna played Mullahoran in the league.Told management that he got injured against Mullahoran,which I heard was only an excuse.Sad.
Mr Pain apology accepted,Mr.Pain obviously has a diferent sense of humour to Boojangles,which I can now accept.I think theres enough bickering(Hollow and BH Man) on the Board without us continuing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: boojangles on May 26, 2008, 06:06:21 PM
Just after hearing there Pierson is gone from the panel.Left it last week after Gowna played Mullahoran in the league.Told management that he got injured against Mullahoran,which I heard was only an excuse.Sad.
Mr Pain apology accepted,Mr.Pain obviously has a diferent sense of humour to Boojangles,which I can now accept.I think theres enough bickering(Hollow and BH Man) on the Board without us continuing.

That really is a pity. With McCabe and Jelly likely to be watched carefully against Armagh, Pierson could really have had a big chance to show what he is worth (assuming he was picked)

mylestheslasher

cavan4sam has just posted on the official Armagh V Cavan thread that he heard gunner Brady is gone to  the US again. I find that hard to believe but then again nothing would surprise me at this stage.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2008, 09:09:43 PM
cavan4sam has just posted on the official Armagh V Cavan thread that he heard gunner Brady is gone to  the US again. I find that hard to believe but then again nothing would surprise me at this stage.

I heard after the Antrim game that he wouldn't be available for the Armagh game beacause of handball.

Homer

Sad to here that about Pierson apparently he has declared himself retired as long as DK is still at the reigns.

As regards the Gunner, I'd imagine cavan4ever has it the right way around with him due to miss the Armagh match with handball commitments in the US and the Chinese whispers have turned it into the story cavan4sam had posted.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on May 27, 2008, 02:47:24 PM
Sad to here that about Pierson apparently he has declared himself retired as long as DK is still at the reigns.

As regards the Gunner, I'd imagine cavan4ever has it the right way around with him due to miss the Armagh match with handball commitments in the US and the Chinese whispers have turned it into the story cavan4sam had posted.

He'll probably be bac next year or so ....hopefully.

Homer

Fingers crossed myles.

It's absolutely amazing how many players have come and gone this year and it really does say something about Keoghan's lack of any man-management skills.

While on the subject, did anyone else here rumours of a heated discussion between McCabe and the Gunner at the lock-in after the Antrim game? Apparently McCabe tackled him about the Chicago incident.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on May 27, 2008, 03:52:33 PM
Fingers crossed myles.

It's absolutely amazing how many players have come and gone this year and it really does say something about Keoghan's lack of any man-management skills.

While on the subject, did anyone else here rumours of a heated discussion between McCabe and the Gunner at the lock-in after the Antrim game? Apparently McCabe tackled him about the Chicago incident.

Didn't hear that. Fair play to McCabe if he did pull him up on it. McCabe might be a mouth and think he should take every free, but he has always stuck in their in the panel through some really crappy days and through some nasty injuries. He's been on the Cavan panel now 12 yrs I think and has only missed things through injury.

Hollow Man

Fair play to him my hole - are you saying that, if that did happen, a night club is the place for a senior county player to pull another up on an incident from 10 months ago?

An incident that has been conveniently forgotten about in the case of Sean Johnston.

How are Cavan supposed to progress if nobody can get over two players who weren't even in the starting team missing one match due to travelling to the US? Myles, would you pick Johnston, Cahill and Brady if you were manager? In other words, would you stand by these strong principles of yours or would you do what is best for the team?

Magnificent player that he was and is, McCabe can be a negative influence from what I've heard. Apparently Pearse McKenna for one isn't his biggest fan.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 27, 2008, 04:56:16 PM
Fair play to him my hole - are you saying that, if that did happen, a night club is the place for a senior county player to pull another up on an incident from 10 months ago?

An incident that has been conveniently forgotten about in the case of Sean Johnston.

How are Cavan supposed to progress if nobody can get over two players who weren't even in the starting team missing one match due to travelling to the US? Myles, would you pick Johnston, Cahill and Brady if you were manager? In other words, would you stand by these strong principles of yours or would you do what is best for the team?

Magnificent player that he was and is, McCabe can be a negative influence from what I've heard. Apparently Pearse McKenna for one isn't his biggest fan.

Hollow man. Are you unable to reply  to a post without coming across as aggressive!! Take some pills or something and calm down. If I were manager. Well I am not privy to exactly how these guys did walk. Did they announce this at training to their team mates or did they leak to the media first? Clearly, a punishment of some sort is required or else everyone can do the same. I'd have weighed these factors up, dished out the punishement and then stuck to my decision - for the best of Cavan football, now and in the future.

Now I may have mis-interpreted the previous post, but I took it to mean that the discussion was in the dressing room after the match. Maybe that was me being Naive. I can't believe we are still having lock ins in the imperial in the middle of the championship - Is there not a drinks ban in place! Clearly a night club would not be the place for this

Hollow Man

Myles, sorry if I appeared aggressive, just thought that you were wrong to praise McCabe if he came at one of the Chicago Three - it's all water under the bridge at this stage...

Mr. Pain

Mr. Pain is just happy to be here. Your'e in the jungle baby....you're gonna die! Did you lot hear that some fixtures are being rearranged so that the county boys can have a rest before a tournament match Monday. c**k and balls!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavanmaniac

Jasus I've been reading the Donal Keogan and this thread and I think everyone is on the rag or something. :-[>:(:'(

Yis are all even narkier than me! ;D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Suck my c**k & balls.javascript:void(0);
Grin

gortnaleck

I doubt McCabe said anything sure he's not long back from Chicago himself,probably played with the same team,and probably missed a few Gowna games as well,so he'd be more understanding I'd imagine.