Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Isnt Mickey Brennan on the Meath Panel now hes back with Simonstown Boojangles?????, dont think wed get away with that  :D

boojangles

He's gone back to his home club Simonstown,was on Meath panel for O Byrne cup but didnt make cut but may get a chance again.
Brennan wasnt called back in to the Cavan panel this year.Keoghan hadnt the manners to ring him up and tell him.Micky met Keoghan on the street and was told the bad news and that he hadnt the time to ring 7 or 8 players to tell them they wouldnt b back in.Thats great man management skills ha?
Im good friends with Brennan and I could say with almost certainty that if Micky Brennan had been called back in this year he would still be playing with Drumalee.So now ya know why I really have a hatred of Keoghan.We could b doing with him July27th ha!! ;)

BallyhaiseMan

nice, i also have no time for him after witnessing what hes like in the Imperial. As you also no doubt know  >:(

Players with actual size,mobility and skill, not wanted. And Keoghans man management skills once again showing.

Hes a loss to Cavan Football il say that, its a shame , although im happy hes gone from ye lot  ;D

mylestheslasher

Well at least we are all in agreement on this one. Keoghan the muppet must get the boot asap. One of ye posted a link to BBC of his interview last week, have a listen to it now in light of the most recent game. What is clear is that the game plan to beat Cavan is so simple that I'd say one of our senior clubs would probably beat them. You crowd defence and you watch Keoghan scratch his head. Was he surprised that W'Meath did that, cos everyone I know knew that they would do that - especially after Johnstones performance last week. So now we are relegated (unless Armagh lose 2 games in a row and we have up a 32 point difference!). We are out of the U21 championship and I am full sure we'll only get 2 games in the senior championship too. Speaking of which where are we now for all the subs and messing he's been at....

- Still no options at midfield
- Not so sure about Podge at FB, never even gave Rabbitte a run.
- One small talented forward. No one else showing.
- No settled CHB
- No Settled CHF
- The smallest team in Ireland in the toughest province.
- Low Morale
- Lyng gone
- Rabbitte Gone
- The biggest idiot of a manager that the county has ever seen.

Not ringing Brennan is exactly the same as what he did to Gaynor too. Has he no idea the damage that sort of behaviour does to players that have busted their hole for Cavan in previous years. The man is a total disgrace and needs to go right now.

cavan4sam

Keogan did the same thing with Ciaran Galligan 2, Never as much as rang him after his operation to see how he was progressing with his rehabilitation. Its the likes of Ciaran Galligan that we need on the county panel, fully committed, he big, hes athletic and he is young. Its not as though we are blessed with options for midfield.

cavanmaniac

Well I'm not sure Ciaran Galligan is the answer either as I think he's a bit windy, but I'd put 15 Ciaran Galligans out there if it meant getting rid of Keogan.

The county board's money-saving experiment is now hopefully over. Maybe there's enough € in the account now that we can actually get a real manager in, instead of looking on with our mouths open as the county team rapidly descends into Carlow/Tipperary/Clare football territory. We all blame Keogan but the idiots that appointed him have to be questioned here as well, but as always, nobody will say a word to them and the same clowns will make the next appointment as well.

But let's be honest, who expected any different when he was appointed? I stomached him as long as Grimley was there to be his wet nurse, once the Armagh man left we were always fucked as whatever brains there were in the operation left with him.

If I was picking a Cavan manager in the morning, realistically, completely off the top of my head I'd be looking at these guys if available:

Luke Dempsey - proven track record of lifting morale and working with young players. Unlikely to deliver huge success or anything but would bring back pride and inject momentum.

Dessie Dolan snr - has done very well with limited resources in Leitrim, very unlucky in championship. Might not get the same work ethic in Cavan though

Tommy Carr - Mullingar based, available, strict disciplinarian, experience at the very highest level, would put a good base in place and redress some of the damage done by the Era of the Buffoon

McHugh - I'd have him back in a heartbeat but there's no chance

I wouldn't touch Maughan or Tommy Lyons. I don't know the local scene very well right now so I'm unaware of any club managers on the scene that might be candidates...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavanmaniac on April 07, 2008, 12:31:54 PM
Well I'm not sure Ciaran Galligan is the answer either as I think he's a bit windy, but I'd put 15 Ciaran Galligans out there if it meant getting rid of Keogan.

The county board's money-saving experiment is now hopefully over. Maybe there's enough € in the account now that we can actually get a real manager in, instead of looking on with our mouths open as the county team rapidly descends into Carlow/Tipperary/Clare football territory. We all blame Keogan but the idiots that appointed him have to be questioned here as well, but as always, nobody will say a word to them and the same clowns will make the next appointment as well.

But let's be honest, who expected any different when he was appointed? I stomached him as long as Grimley was there to be his wet nurse, once the Armagh man left we were always fucked as whatever brains there were in the operation left with him.

If I was picking a Cavan manager in the morning, realistically, completely off the top of my head I'd be looking at these guys if available:

Luke Dempsey - proven track record of lifting morale and working with young players. Unlikely to deliver huge success or anything but would bring back pride and inject momentum.

Dessie Dolan snr - has done very well with limited resources in Leitrim, very unlucky in championship. Might not get the same work ethic in Cavan though

Tommy Carr - Mullingar based, available, strict disciplinarian, experience at the very highest level, would put a good base in place and redress some of the damage done by the Era of the Buffoon

McHugh - I'd have him back in a heartbeat but there's no chance

I wouldn't touch Maughan or Tommy Lyons. I don't know the local scene very well right now so I'm unaware of any club managers on the scene that might be candidates...

Some ok guys there but I'd be looking at doing something like what Ireland soccer team did and getting a big name that will simply inpsire the panel just by being there. I say to the county board get Joe Kiernan. It would be difficult i know, but aim high I say. Maybe keoghan could wash the jerseys or something simple, 2nd thought no - we'd probably end up with blue shorts.

BallyhaiseMan

the likes of Ciaran Galligan may not be the answer, But unfortunately in this county we have to substitute, Skill for Size and Athletic ability in some cases if we wanted a bigger more physical team, we just dont seem to have many brilliant players with size and skill.

Another question about C4ever's clubmate,
Would anyone here have John Cunningham at Midfield instead of 6'5 Ciaran Galligan, I know i wouldnt. He could also do a job at Full Forward as well i think if given a chance.

Its good to see we are all united for once against Keoghan, our  7 or 8 different posters all want him gone.

As for Managers, my top 3

Joe Kiernan
Damien Cassidy
Charlie Mulgrew

Theres no-one on the local scene that stands out.

Maniac
id only agree with you on Dessie Dolan Senior and the Great Wee Donegal man of that list.

Wouldnt touch any of the others with a barge pole to be honest.

orangeman

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 07, 2008, 02:42:56 PM
the likes of Ciaran Galligan may not be the answer, But unfortunately in this county we have to substitute, Skill for Size and Athletic ability in some cases if we wanted a bigger more physical team, we just dont seem to have many brilliant players with size and skill.

Another question about C4ever's clubmate,
Would anyone here have John Cunningham at Midfield instead of 6'5 Ciaran Galligan, I know i wouldnt. He could also do a job at Full Forward as well i think if given a chance.

Its good to see we are all united for once against Keoghan, our  7 or 8 different posters all want him gone.

As for Managers, my top 3

Joe Kiernan
Damien Cassidy
Charlie Mulgrew

Theres no-one on the local scene that stands out.

Maniac
id only agree with you on Dessie Dolan Senior and the Great Wee Donegal man of that list.

Wouldnt touch any of the others with a barge pole to be honest.

For the purpose of balnce, is there anyone out there who thinks Keoghan is a good manager and is doing a good job at the minute ?

BallyhaiseMan

Not unless Keoghan himself is registered on here OM  :D

orangeman

Mr. Pain

Awwwh. What a touching moment! ;)
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

cavan4sam

Getting away from the county team for a minute, has anyone got any reports on any of the club games from the weekend, I didn't get to see my team as I had to work. We were bet by Mullahoran and by all accounts were very very poor, county men are a serious loss to a club like ours, also have a few injured and few not bothering to play this year.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4sam on April 07, 2008, 03:33:37 PM
Getting away from the county team for a minute, has anyone got any reports on any of the club games from the weekend, I didn't get to see my team as I had to work. We were bet by Mullahoran and by all accounts were very very poor, county men are a serious loss to a club like ours, also have a few injured and few not bothering to play this year.

The leaguers are flying. 4 wins out of 4 and a good home win against Drung.

BallyhaiseMan

Killygarry 2-10 ourselves 1-08

we were s**t, Killygarry fully deserved their win. we shot wide after wide in the first half playing with a strong breeze, Always going to be tough after that.

Ray Cullivan outstanding at Centrefield, Caught about 7 or 8 clean balls and scored 1-2.

For Killygarry Thomas Leonard was good as was Donal Thomas at Centre Field,

Pauric Cahill and Dec Gallen good aswell in full back line.