Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

fill in the blanks for me lads about that minor team or correct me if im wrong, the team was something like this

Was Sean Brady midfield or Centre Forward?
1.Paddy Galligan
2.Damien McInerney
4.Padraig Cahill
5.Dermot McGlade
6.Anthony Gaynor
7.Michael Cooke
8.Paddy Brady
13.Colm Gumley
14.Mark McKeever
15.Seanie Johnston

Hollow Man

Sean Brady was in there somewhere, as was Shane Cole I think?

What a class team.

There was an unreal minor team a year or tow befopre that as well with Walsh, Daryl McConnell, Sean Maguire etc

Maximus Marillius

Ah lads I'm enjoy the last lot of posts....talking about those great minor teams that Cavan have produced over the past 8 years. Outstanding conveyer belt of successful teams :D :D :D :D :D Ah let me guess it was the managers fault....nah...it was the ref.....nah...it was the pitch....the changing rooms.....nah

shotstopper1

Ronan Fitzsimons @ FB,S Brady @ CF,  N Madden,S. Cole, Ciaran Fitz were the half forward line (I think) also McCabe from MConnaught was also on the panel

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 03, 2008, 04:22:40 PM
Ah lads I'm enjoy the last lot of posts....talking about those great minor teams that Cavan have produced over the past 8 years. Outstanding conveyer belt of successful teams :D :D :D :D :D Ah let me guess it was the managers fault....nah...it was the ref.....nah...it was the pitch....the changing rooms.....nah

Its almost as funny as Derrys great senior team of the 90's (great by Derry standards anyhow) only managing 1 all ireland when they should have achieved much more.

BallyhaiseMan

thanks SStopper, good team alright.

Lads Ignore the Attention seeking Derry wan and maybe he will go away  ;D  :-*

boojangles

fill in the blanks for me lads about that minor team or correct me if im wrong, the team was something like this

Was Sean Brady midfield or Centre Forward?
1.Paddy Galligan
2.Damien McInerney
4.Padraig Cahill
5.Dermot McGlade
6.Anthony Gaynor
7.Michael Cooke
8.Paddy Brady
13.Colm Gumley
14.Mark McKeever
15.Seanie Johnston

Memories not bad BH Man-Sean Brady was at 9,Keith Soden from Ramor started instead of Ciaran Fitz at No.10.Cole at 11 and Niall Madden at 12.
Some players on that panel that were rarely seen again even at Club level in some cases-Keith Soden(was in Athlone when I last seen him)Paul McEnroe(Drumgoon)????,Gary McNamee(Ramor-mental as ever in Liverpool),Ronan Farrelly(a Garda now,transferred to the Gaels)James Briody(Transferred to Drumalee,hasnt kicked a ball in 2 years)'Stephen Smith(Mountnugent)-a teacher in Nobber,back playing with Mountnugent.Its unreal the way so many talented footballers are let slip of the radar.
Cavan4Ever made the point that we believed the hype and that was our downfall-I dont agree.Mayb it was just me but I really dont think there was much hype about that Minor team.If there was we certainly werent too aware of it.None of this winning our 1st round and announcing on BBC that we would win the All-Ireland. :-[ :-[

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 03, 2008, 04:29:32 PM
Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 03, 2008, 04:22:40 PM

Its almost as funny as Derrys great senior team of the 90's (great by Derry standards anyhow) only managing 1 all ireland when they should have achieved much more.

unless your a very old man ye would not know much about seeing a winning all ireland team....infact ye would not know a championship medal if it hit in the face

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 03, 2008, 04:37:46 PM
thanks SStopper, good team alright.

Lads Ignore the Attention seeking Derry wan and maybe he will go away  ;D  :-*

Haiseman at least you have a bit of sense auld hand

Homer

Cavan make two changes
04 April 2008

Jonathan Crowe and Jason O'Reilly have been drafted into the Cavan team for Sunday's crucial NFL clash with Westmeath in Mullingar.

Crowe replaces John McCutcheon at right half back, while the vastly experienced Jason O'Reilly is retained at top of the left after coming on as a half-time substitute for Gerard Pierson during last Saturday's dramatic win over Cork.

Nothing less than a victory will suffice for the Breffnimen in their bid to avoid relegation to Division 3 next season, while Westmeath still harbour hopes of reaching the Division 2 final.

Cavan (SF v Westmeath): J Reilly; M Hannon, P Reilly, M Brides; J Crowe, A Forde, D Sheridan; D McCabe, J Cunningham; M Reilly, R Flanagan, M McKeever; E O'Reilly, S Johnston, J O'Reilly.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=92317

cavan4ever

Anyone have any more news on the story about Lyng quitting the panel?

anglocelt39

Good to see Jonny Crowe still around the panel. thought he did alright last year in his first year, played both league and Championship. Brings a bit of much needed size to proceedings. Cousin of Trevor the Tank?

Pity if Lyng is off the panel, our talent well ain't too deep and one or two injuries to key players, and we know who they are so I'm not going to set off another whole debate by naming them, and we're in trouble.

Here's hoping
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Homer

Quote from: anglocelt39 on April 04, 2008, 10:48:01 AM
Good to see Jonny Crowe still around the panel. thought he did alright last year in his first year, played both league and Championship. Brings a bit of much needed size to proceedings. Cousin of Trevor the Tank?

Johnny Crowe of Crosserlough, Trevor and Joe Crowe of Lacken and Adrian and Padraig Maguire of Ballinagh are all first cousins. And everyone of them built like a shithouse.

boojangles

While I wasnt there myself,by all accounts Johnny Crowe had a fine game for Crosserlough last wkend,he was moved to midfield in 2nd half to curb Ferncombes influence.Mayb Keoghan has his spies out.

cavanmaniac

Delighted to see Johnny Crowe back. A bit of ball-busting ignorance is much required. I hope he's up to the pace of what should be a frantic enough encounter after so long out, but if he's doing well with his club that's encouraging on that score.

Here's hoping indeed. I have a bad feeling but I'll keep it to myself.

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010