Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 01, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
Anyway, just a little update on Saturday's game and this time remarkably it's in defence of Keoghan. Both Pierson & Watters had injuries and are doubtful for Sunday. Hamstring & Groin injuries repsectively. McCutcheon on the other hand played midfield for Cootehill on Sunday so not so sure about that one.

Naa John wasn't injured, he was just taken off... another one of Keogan's infamous substitutions

Great win again for the Leaguers though ;D. 3 out of 3 is a great start in Div 2.

Celt_Man

Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 01, 2008, 02:46:29 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on April 01, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
Anyway, just a little update on Saturday's game and this time remarkably it's in defence of Keoghan. Both Pierson & Watters had injuries and are doubtful for Sunday. Hamstring & Groin injuries repsectively. McCutcheon on the other hand played midfield for Cootehill on Sunday so not so sure about that one.

Naa John wasn't injured, he was just taken off... another one of Keogan's infamous substitutions

Great win again for the Leaguers though ;D. 3 out of 3 is a great start in Div 2.

Ahh yea, a few of our boys  let us the night before but the best team won.... I saw you play a couple of times last year and knew you would cause problems in Division 2 and the champo... definitely not a case of a auld junior team just happy to be in Intermediate. Ye have a very good team but tell one of your mid fielders to close his gob in future... he is taking away from his footballing abilities with that kind of carry on which I would normally associate with the Dubs....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: shotstopper1 on March 31, 2008, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on March 28, 2008, 04:11:51 PM
im abit suprised Darren Rabbite isnt in the reckoning as hes very fit looking.

Heard Rabbite has quit the county scene for the year,due mainly to his studies.It's a pity, but as far as I could see he was listed on the panel from January but never appeared in any game be it McKenna cup,league or even a challenge.

Johnston came on for the Gaels yesterday (scored 0-1) with his ankle bandaged,hopefully just a precautionary measure.BTW good win for Homers guys.
What's with Lyng not playing with the gaels but playing with the county?

BHM heard a dispute over the taking of a last minute free which would've drawn the game fecked ye up yesterday.The lad who was taking and scoring the frees wasn't let take this one,it was duly put wide and Lavey proceeded up the field to score the insurance point.

wouldnt say it was a dispute, but both Ray Cullivan and Jarlath Moran wanted to take the free which was about 47 metres out,Ray took it and sent it wide,we probably should have worked it in.

boojangles

Darren Rabitte quit the county panel about 3 weeks ago.A bit of a shame considering we arent brimming with good Full-Backs.Podge would be far better at CHB.Rabitte should have been given more of a try,I dunno why he wasnt,he has plenty of experience and has played at championship level there before.He is fast and strong and is over 6ft.BH Man I heard he hit Slowey the mother of all raps last week and Fergal had to come off.And Slowey wouldnt b the weakest either.He must do about 500 sit-ups a night judging by the last time I seen him togged.Six pack isnt the word!!

Homer

Ballinagh 0-11 Cavan Gaels 0-08

An excellent 2nd half defensive performance from the Ballinagh boys albeit against an almost second-string Gaels side proved enough to lift the yellow submarine of the ocean floor. The depleted Gaels were without the services of Enda King, Darren Rabitte, Anthony Forde, Nicolas Walsh and Micheal Lyng (not playing with them this year) while man of the moment Seanie Johnston started on the bench although having said that, Ballinagh were also understrength with Gaynor still on suspension while David Finnegan, Cian McDermott, Killian McBride, Anthony Duffy and Damien McInerney all missed out through injury or illness.

A tight game throughout, the first half played out a rather dull affair with both sides exchanging frees and saw Ballinagh taking a one point advantage in at the break. The second half was played at a much higher tempo although the difference between the two sides remained slight. Ballinagh began to take control of the game as the half progressed but just failed to stretch their lead accordingly the Gaels sideline responded by introducing Johnston at full-forward. Despite the move it was Ballinagh who continued dominate with further frees from Colin Gumley and Declan Beard and another from play from Niall O'Reilly. The Gaels sought desperately for a goal but the full back line were always on top with the last score of the game coming from a Seanie Johnston free.

Excellent performances from full-back duo Patrick Carolan and Derek Hatchett who did an extremely good job in marshaling players of the caliber of Johnston and Martin Dunne coming out with every ball that came their way.

A vital 2 points for the Saffrons as 3 home defeats would have left things very grim. The Gaels won't be too despondent considering the class of players they had to do without.

Up next, old rivalries are renewed with what always promises to be an interesting encounter with Lavey. I know it might be painful BHM but I'd be interested to hear a little more from you about them.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: boojangles on April 01, 2008, 04:07:31 PM
Darren Rabitte quit the county panel about 3 weeks ago.A bit of a shame considering we arent brimming with good Full-Backs.Podge would be far better at CHB.Rabitte should have been given more of a try,I dunno why he wasnt,he has plenty of experience and has played at championship level there before.He is fast and strong and is over 6ft.BH Man I heard he hit Slowey the mother of all raps last week and Fergal had to come off.And Slowey wouldnt b the weakest either.He must do about 500 sit-ups a night judging by the last time I seen him togged.Six pack isnt the word!!

the hit on Fergal wasnt legal though to be honest mate,Rabbitte went for the big shoulder but caught him high and frontal aswell,Accidental of course,Rabbitte isnt like that.He also took a few big hits against Lavey,and had to go off injured,this time a leg injury,He takes some abuse in games.

Fergal is unbelieveabely fit,I have no idea what his training regime is like outside the normal club training,It must be outrageous though. His fitness levels dont drop all year round either.
Quite Unbelieveable to be honest.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on April 01, 2008, 04:38:15 PM

An excellent 2nd half defensive performance from the Ballinagh boys albeit against an almost second-string Gaels side proved enough to lift the yellow submarine of the ocean floor. The depleted Gaels were without the services of Enda King, Darren Rabitte, Anthony Forde, Nicolas Walsh and Micheal Lyng (not playing with them this year) while man of the moment Seanie Johnston started on the bench although having said that, Ballinagh were also understrength with Gaynor still on suspension while David Finnegan, Cian McDermott, Killian McBride, Anthony Duffy and Damien McInerney all missed out through injury or illness.

Whats that about?

Homer

He's looking for a club in Dublin to play with apparently. I also heard a rumour that he dropped off the county panel after the game on Saturday night but I have heard nothing since so I'm not giving it any mileage.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Homer on April 01, 2008, 04:38:15 PM

A tight game throughout, the first half played out a rather dull affair with both sides exchanging frees and saw Ballinagh taking a one point advantage in at the break. The second half was played at a much higher tempo although the difference between the two sides remained slight. Ballinagh began to take control of the game as the half progressed but just failed to stretch their lead accordingly the Gaels sideline responded by introducing Johnston at full-forward. Despite the move it was Ballinagh who continued dominate with further frees from Colin Gumley and Declan Beard and another from play from Niall O'Reilly. The Gaels sought desperately for a goal but the full back line were always on top with the last score of the game coming from a Seanie Johnston free.

Excellent performances from full-back duo Patrick Carolan and Derek Hatchett who did an extremely good job in marshaling players of the caliber of Johnston and Martin Dunne coming out with every ball that came their way.

A vital 2 points for the Saffrons as 3 home defeats would have left things very grim. The Gaels won't be too despondent considering the class of players they had to do without.

Up next, old rivalries are renewed with what always promises to be an interesting encounter with Lavey. I know it might be painful BHM but I'd be interested to hear a little more from you about them.

Lavey are no great shakes Homer, we just had one of our all too common, complete Disaster games,where we were absolutely atrocious after playing well against Gowna and the Gaels,  :-\
Sean Maguire was injured, Joey Jordan wasnt playing either
David Smith and Stephen Jordan were midfield, Smith was very good,
Kevin Brady also good at wing forward,
Finbar Jordan the other half forward.
Declan Murphy at full forward was a danger,but well contained by Sean McCormack until he switched out.
Number 11, i dont know his name(i wouldnt know too much about Lavey,first time we have played them in a long time) was very good,
They run in packs through the centre,Half backs push forward. I dont think you will have too much problems with them.
I was shocked by your win against the Gaels, i was expecting Ballinagh to not take the league at all seriously then make a serious run at the senior champ.

Michael Lyng not playing with the Gaels!!! wonder why that is?

BallyhaiseMan

Boojangles

PJ Carroll seems to have had quite a good start with you lads,id say training is fairly tough with him????

Homer

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 01, 2008, 04:46:55 PM
Lavey are no great shakes Homer, we just had one of our all too common, complete Disaster games,where we were absolutely atrocious after playing well against Gowna and the Gaels,  :-\
Sean Maguire was injured, Joey Jordan wasnt playing either
David Smith and Stephen Jordan were midfield, Smith was very good,
Kevin Brady also good at wing forward,
Finbar Jordan the other half forward.
Declan Murphy at full forward was a danger,but well contained by Sean McCormack until he switched out.
Number 11, i dont know his name(i wouldnt know too much about Lavey,first time we have played them in a long time) was very good,
They run in packs through the centre,Half backs push forward. I dont think you will have too much problems with them.

Cheers for that HaiseMan.

I think Sean Maguire is actually on suspension after being sent off against Drumalee in the first round. Ballinagh's meeting with Lavey is down for next Saturday night and I think that leaves Maguire out of contention as his ban isn't up til the Sunday.

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 01, 2008, 04:46:55 PM
I was shocked by your win against the Gaels, i was expecting Ballinagh to not take the league at all seriously then make a serious run at the senior champ.

Nah you're right, there is a fairly relaxed approach to the league campaign so far, after the long year the lads had last year there's no point going hell for leather during the league and then finding ourselves crippled by burnout come championship. I think the win on Sunday was born out of both necessity and just that fact that it was the Gaels.

Lawrence of Knockbride

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...................this isn't Cavan-related but I just don't feel comfortable on the more general threads. Anyway, a story on hoganstand:

In an amazing development, Dublin have snatched three prominent AL players from under the noses of stunned Aussie officials.

The trio - who play for Sydney Swans, Carlton and Essendon - will link up with Paul Caffrey's squad ahead of the Leinster championship.

With anger in Ireland over the number of young players heading Down Under, it is a major coup for the Sky Blues to convince professionals from the antipodean game to move in the opposite direction.

The players have been promised key coaching roles in the capital and will also help prepare Ireland teams for future International Rules series.

In a related story, Dublin chiefs will tonight draw up plans to have an oval ball introduced on an experimental basis in next year's O'Byrne Cup.

What the hell is this last bit about? An oval ball? Fuckin Dubs and fuckin GAA. Can we not leave things alone for any length of time? I reckon we give this topic a day and then we'll get in the zone for Mullingar

cavan4ever

Lawrence of Knockbride

A shite. April Fool. I got to about 10:30 p.m. without a sniff. Like I said, fuckin dubs..............

CC1

I hope the real Larry is as aware as you were there against us on Saturday afternoon... ;)
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."