Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC1

Quote from: Hollow Man on March 25, 2008, 01:08:15 PM
Who was the ref CC1?
Oliver Reilly from Mullahoran (I think thats his name). I couldn't believe some of the decisions he was coming out with, but hey I guess he's got a chip on his shoulder because Mullahoran are a senior club...
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

Mr. Pain

Ollie the Finn. Not surprised.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

Hollow Man

He's far and away the worst ref I've seen in Cavan in the last few years, ridiculous comments to players (myself included) and generally poor attitude

Also one of the most shall we say "ignorant" refs since Pappy "f**k You" Woods...

Celt_Man

He is brutal in fairness... now there are a lot of bad referees in cavan i.e. they are just gonna get decisions wrong for both sides and you just have to accept that and move on... but there a few, only a few mind, that are very nasty and deliberately go against certain teams and sometime individual players... in certain cases making comments before a ball has even been thrown in
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

cavan4ever

Quote from: CC1 on March 26, 2008, 09:00:21 AM
But f**k it... We'll just have to take it to the Gaels B's at the weekend, try and take our frustration out on them...

Best of luck in that one!!

Hollow Man

CC1, I feel your pain.

Shite refs are one thing, but having been on the receiving end of that particular individual's ignorance, I don't think he should be a referee. If he feels the need to verbally abuse players (I remember asking him the score while jogging past, his reponse was "Isn't there a f**king scoreboard up there?") and conduct himself like he tends to, he must be a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic....

He actually reffed games in the Ulster minor championship last year as well - the mind boggles...

mylestheslasher

Once upon a time I was captaining our junior team and the great Brian Crowe was reffing. He informed me at the coin toss that this particular game was a "mickey mouse" game and a waste of his  time. He said he was only there to stand in for another ref who was unable to attend and if he had have realised that it was a junior match he wouldn't have bothered. This man has ref'd all irelands finals.

A ref should not be giving chat to players except to say what they did wrong. There should be no insults or slagging or any of that. If a ref feels a player is giving him guff he should use his cards to reply, not his mouth. That lad Terry ???? from lacken was the same, always having something to say to players and him then in charge of county underage teams.

Homer

Gowna 1-8  Ballinagh 1-7

Another one that got away for our lot.

Ballinagh dominated the early periods of the game and were also benefiting from a strong wind on their backs but frustratingly just couldn't translate this into scores. When we did finally manage to game some headway we let Gowna back in the game with calamitous goal leaving only the minimum of differences at the break. The sides exchanged points in the early stages of the second half with Gowna eventually leveling the game after scores from McCabe and Pierson. A draw looked ominous but Mark McKeever popped up to kick a monster point from all of 45 yards on the sideline to ensure the Gowna boys took the spoils.

Pierson (although well marshaled by Patrick Carroll) seemed to be playing on one leg and took both his scores during the game with his weaker left peg. McCabe took a few beautiful frees but wasn't his usual force in play but did improve in the second half. McKeever was excellent and some of his points were just breath-taking. As for Ballinagh Patrick Carroll, Podge and Damien McInerney were best.

So two home games leaves Ballinagh with two one-point defeats ..... Good job the next one's a handy one  :-\

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 26, 2008, 02:22:45 PM
That lad Terry ???? from lacken was the same, always having something to say to players and him then in charge of county underage teams.

That's Terry Brady he's a right pain in the hole alright.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: shotstopper1 on March 25, 2008, 01:38:43 PM
w/e results from aertel

Div 1
Mullahoran        0-8  Cuchullains  1-7

Lads, has the Cavan league started long?  How many games are you in so far?  Any reviews on how Mullahoran are doing? interesting being a Tyrone man in which Mullahoran have Tyrone management.

Thanks
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: CC1 on March 26, 2008, 10:04:50 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on March 26, 2008, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: CC1 on March 26, 2008, 09:00:21 AM
But f**k it... We'll just have to take it to the Gaels B's at the weekend, try and take our frustration out on them...

Best of luck in that one!!
Thats why I said TRY... ;)

Of the team they played against Drumgoon, Their forwards will be dangerous
put Liam Og o Reily on Martin Dunne,Without him they are nowhere

Levi Murphy is dangerous,

Niall Collins if fit is very good

They also brought on Cormac Nelligan who can play abit

Midfield is of 2 of the most big and awkward lads you will ever meet, one 6'6 the other 6'3 and as strong as a horse,
They will spoil Michael O Reily/and or Brian Hamilton all day long

Backline is there for the taking,if your forwards are up to it.

Also be prepared for the verbals that ye are just a bunch of "farmers and junior footballers" that shouldnt be allowed on the same field as the "superstars" you are playing.
;D

mylestheslasher

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 26, 2008, 02:57:48 PM
Quote from: shotstopper1 on March 25, 2008, 01:38:43 PM
w/e results from aertel

Div 1
Mullahoran        0-8  Cuchullains  1-7

Lads, has the Cavan league started long?  How many games are you in so far?  Any reviews on how Mullahoran are doing? interesting being a Tyrone man in which Mullahoran have Tyrone management.

Thanks

Two games in already. I think Mullahoran have won one and lost one so far. Not really close enough to that club to know how training is going - they don't talk to outsiders!!

Mr. Pain

Quote from: Homer on March 26, 2008, 02:54:57 PM
McKeever was excellent and some of his points were just breath-taking. As for Ballinagh Patrick Carroll, Podge and Damien McInerney were best.
I wasn't at the game but was Podge not marking McKeever or did the papers get it wrong again. Seems funny that they both could play well if they were marking eachother.

Homer

Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 27, 2008, 09:44:21 AM
McKeever was excellent and some of his points were just breath-taking. As for Ballinagh Patrick Carroll, Podge and Damien McInerney were best.
I wasn't at the game but was Podge not marking McKeever or did the papers get it wrong again. Seems funny that they both could play well if they were marking eachother.

Podge and McKeever were marking eachother alright, and I know I seem to be contradicting myself but to be fair both players did actually stand out and they had a real good tussle over the hour. McKeever for me was man of the match, he linked-up well and took some fine scores whereas Podge cleaned up a lot of Gowna attacks and made good delivery into the Ballinagh forward line but in fairness to him there was little he could do to prevent some of the points McKeever put up.

Mr. Pain

Quote from: Homer on March 27, 2008, 11:43:52 AM
Quote from: Mr. Pain on March 27, 2008, 09:44:21 AM

Podge and McKeever were marking eachother alright, and I know I seem to be contradicting myself but to be fair both players did actually stand out and they had a real good tussle over the hour. McKeever for me was man of the match, he linked-up well and took some fine scores whereas Podge cleaned up a lot of Gowna attacks and made good delivery into the Ballinagh forward line but in fairness to him there was little he could do to prevent some of the points McKeever put up.

Obviously the marking duties were not up to scratch. Otherwise one would cancel out the other.

mylestheslasher

Any predictions for Saturday. I think a 5 point win for Cork with Mr Keoghan playing a star role for Cavan.