Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavanmaniac

They're the eegits appointed him, I wouldn't hold my breath for swift and determined retribution... ;)

Sad but true, if it is true.

cavan4ever

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!!!!!

cavan4ever

Just heard that there is going to be a drinks ban from next weekend. That will give them at least one more lock-in anyway.

cavanmaniac

Anyone going to the U21 game tonight I wonder, or providing scores to the guy that advertises the service on here?

mylestheslasher

Are Northern Muppets not commentating on it. 250 mile round trip on a wednesday to watch a team managed by Keogan is a bridge to far for me.

cavanmaniac

The service where folks text in latest scores is on www.gaaradio.com, if anyone at the match is doing the Good Samaritan thing, you might find a few scores there...

Cavanfan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 19, 2008, 05:12:26 PM
Are Northern Muppets not commentating on it. 250 mile round trip on a wednesday to watch a team managed by Keogan is a bridge to far for me.

It's a pity that this is the way we are thinking. I think it would be nice to get a crowd up for the lads and cheer them on. 

ExiledGael

Seems Derry were, and they're going ok. But maybe not for long.
I hear a lot of criticism of Keogan, can somebody sum up what exactly makes him so shit? (Apart from rumours)

BallyhaiseMan

He has no CV for inter county level EG

Manged a talented Minor panel, and done nothing with them,

Hasnt managed a club team in Cavan to my knowledge,

Hes not a qualified sports scientist or Physical Trainer either.

Compare him to your own Malachy O Rourke,Titles in Cavan and Tyrone and Derry with Cavan Gaels , Errigal Chiarain, and Loup and an Ulster Club With Loup,

Theres just no comparison.

and then theres the off the field troubles hes had,Dont even get me started ::)

ExiledGael

Is he in the second year of a two year deal?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: ExiledGael on March 19, 2008, 08:26:19 PM
Is he in the second year of a two year deal?

not sure its either a 2 or 3 year deal he got,Theres no way he will be around next year though unless we go an a completely unexpected winning spree this year.Thank God for that.
Unfortunately this year is a write off.
Possible win against Antrim,Might lose that too
Then defeat against Armagh and defeat in the first qualifying round.

mylestheslasher

U21 result

Tyrone 2-10 Cavan 1-10. Another brave performance and another defeat. Wasn't at it so have no details except it was 1-06 each at half time

cavanmaniac

Ah but sure we were unlucky I'm sure!

Cheers for the result anyway.

mylestheslasher

One other item of interest is that Tyrone played the last 11 minutes with 14 men and won thanks to a late goal. Also, seems sessions in the imperial also happened after the Dublin defeat the week before. Some joke.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 20, 2008, 09:06:31 AM
One other item of interest is that Tyrone played the last 11 minutes with 14 men and won thanks to a late goal. Also, seems sessions in the imperial also happened after the Dublin defeat the week before. Some joke.

It goes on after every Saturday Night game and probaly happens on the weekends that there are no games also.  Heard that Mulvey has left the panel now.