Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

Just a quick word on the club scene in Cavan. How are kildallon coming on, could they challenege for a Junior C\Ship this year?

anglocelt39

Potential disaster area. In fairness to DK he's gone at it since he came in, but a bit in the fashion of somebody chucking money into a one armed bandit machine-Thomas, Jonny Crowe, Nico Walsh, Michael Cunningham, Mulvey, McCabe, Cullivan, McKeever, Gaffney, now the other Cunningham lad, Mulvey was such a disaster the first day against Down last year that Galligan was brought in for the replay and hasn't been heard tell of since.

One of the problems with all of this is that a new lad has to be given a chance to settle in. Look at Pierce McKenna as the classic example. He was fairly limited, got a few years to prove himself and we'd be glad of him now. That's what makes it a bit of a shame that Michael Cunningham and Jonny Crowe don't seem to be in the frame at all this year. They were probably the two introductions that came closest to making an impression last year (Cunningham until he got injured midway through the league) and might have come on a bit with another year.

As regards midfield-Sean Brady might be your best bet since he seems to have nailed down that position when he was with UCD, pity he's injured so much.

Watters and Martin Reilly-young and light????????? oh no, not again.

Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Homer

According to the Armagh thread this the orchard team for Sunday ...

McKinney

McNulty
Donaghy
Moriarty

Duffy
O'Rourke
Smyth

McGrane (c)
O'Neill

Mallon
McKeever
O'Rourke

Swift
Clarke
McDonnell

Some new faces but the Armagh posters seem to reckon it's a fairly strong lineout.

Re: anglocelt69: Michael Cunningham is out injured at the moment but is still training as part of the panel. In fact I believe the three brothers (Michael, Mark and John) are all part of the panel now.

Quote from: Davitt Man on February 01, 2008, 11:10:22 AM
Just a quick word on the club scene in Cavan. How are kildallon coming on, could they challenege for a Junior C\Ship this year?

To be honest I don't much about Kildallen but I doubt they'll be in the running for the Junior champ this year, it will be one of Shannon Gaels, Cornafean or Munterconnaught.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 12:32:39 PM
To be honest I don't much about Kildallen but I doubt they'll be in the running for the Junior champ this year, it will be one of Shannon Gaels, Cornafean or Munterconnaught.

:o :o :o :o :o    >:( >:(

cavan4ever

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 12:38:53 PM

:o :o :o :o :o   

Your a betting man Homer i will put a wager on with you that it wont be one of those 3

cavanmaniac

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 01, 2008, 12:21:06 PM
Mulvey was such a disaster the first day against Down last year that Galligan was brought in for the replay and hasn't been heard tell of since.

Galligan is no loss. A windier, scaredy cat, shivering, quaking waste of space as I've never seen in a blue jersey before. Absolutely afraid of his living life, and the size of him!!!!

I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to Johnny Crowe though. A teak tough customer who was really starting to come into his own I thought and a strong man we are desperately in need of around the middle sector. Is he a victim of the policy you indentified of playing ball-carriers as opposed to defenders in the half back line?

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 12:39:54 PM

Your a betting man Homer i will put a wager on with you that it wont be one of those 3

:D

Apologies cavan4ever I forgot who went down this year.

Down to Bunnoe the junior champ will go!

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 01:46:40 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on February 01, 2008, 12:39:54 PM

:D

Apologies cavan4ever I forgot who went down this year.

Down to Bunnoe the junior champ will go!
Our new manager has  3 all-ireland club medals and about 10 County championships so he know a thing or 2 about winning so hopeful he can work with players who are so used to losing finals  :-\ .

Johnny Crowe has groin injury but is doing light training with county.

mylestheslasher

Keoghan reveals all - Seanie apologised??

Keogan welcomes Johnston back into the fold

Cavan manager Donal Keoghan
01 February 2008

Cavan football boss Donal Keogan says it's time to let bygones be bygones and move on after ace attacker Sean Johnston apologised to the team-management and his team-mates.

Johnston - and team mates Paul Brady and Martin Cahill - quit the panel last year after the Ulster SFC and didn't hang around for the qualifiers, preferring to travel to the US for a holiday. At that juncture, team-manager said all three wouldn't play for Cavan again while he was manager.

However things have been patched up . . .at least with Johnston.

"On the spur of the moment you say things," Keogan admitted. "Seanie Johnston is a talent. I am big enough to realise he is a scoring forward which are scarce in Cavan.

"He was wrong at the time. He accepts he was wrong. He came back in and apologised to everybody concerned and let's move on for the good of Cavan football."

BallyhaiseMan

i hear Gaynor was to be brought back into County Training the day or two after the Ballinagh game if they had lost,But after his behaviour,Keoghan has decided to forget about him altogether.

Homer
Also heard some of the Fingal Ravens players gave Podge disgusting abuse over his deceased mother.  Scumbags

League starting back 9th of March, Championship 24th or last week of July, Entire league to be finished before championship starts.
Under 21 championship to be played mid week in the summer.
Great stuff,Season will be over once the county finals end in early October. No More November and December games.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 01, 2008, 02:46:37 PM
i hear Gaynor was to be brought back into County Training the day or two after the Ballinagh game if they had lost,But after his behaviour,Keoghan has decided to forget about him altogether.

Homer
Also heard some of the Fingal Ravens players gave Podge disgusting abuse over his deceased mother.  Scumbags

That is sick i hope they get hammered in the final, i have no time for that sort of abuse.

anglocelt39

Galligan is no loss. A windier, scaredy cat, shivering, quaking waste of space as I've never seen in a blue jersey before. Absolutely afraid of his living life, and the size of him!!!!

Ah yes, the sheer joy of being a Cavan inter county footballer. The opportunity to cop personalised, gratuitous abuse from the giants of the GAA that inhabit this thread. Think we should confine that sort of stuff to Christiano Ronaldo and his ilk who at least can console themselves with an inflated pay packet.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Homer

I actually forgot to mention earlier that Gaynor has been handed a 3 month ban, mainly for the dissent he gave to the umpire after his sending off. Although I think Keoghan was dropping him anyway.

I'm still not sure whether or not I should mention the name of the main culprit last Sunday, so I will leave it out but he did receive a life time ban from the county board but apparently this just means that he can't become a member of any club and can still attend games.  >:(

I haven't heard this myself HaiseMan. There was a large element of goading / sledging going on alright but I don't know did it reach these levels.

Great stuff,Season will be over once the county finals end in early October. No More November and December games.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 03:21:33 PM

I'm still not sure whether or not I should mention the name of the main culprit last Sunday, so I will leave it out but he did receive a life time ban from the county board but apparently this just means that he can't become a member of any club and can still attend games.  >:(

You on about the fella that hit the umpire?

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2008, 03:21:33 PM
I actually forgot to mention earlier that Gaynor has been handed a 3 month ban, mainly for the dissent he gave to the umpire after his sending off. Although I think Keoghan was dropping him anyway.

I haven't heard this myself HaiseMan. There was a large element of goading / sledging going on alright but I don't know did it reach these levels.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

Thing is a lifetime ban from all GAA games would be nie on impossible to keep. We all know the identity of him by now,Wouldnt go naming him incase there is legal proceedings taken by the umpire against him,could cause problems etc etc just to cover yourself.