Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caitlin

Enjoyable game last night- could have gone either way -Mc Keever bit of a hallion but overall what you would expect from the two aristocrats of Ulster-good luck this season and good luck to Ballinagh on Sunday from a Down/Corlismore woman.

cavanmaniac

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 23, 2008, 12:50:14 PM
He will miss the first 2 league games apparently which ain't good cos he has been best player so far this year and with Walsh gone we are limited around the middle of the field.

You're right of course, I just made a bags of the sentence and meant that the current results and level of performance don't really matter too much with the tougher tests to come. I recall this time last year things seeming much the same and look what happened...

LackenLegend

Lads we need a midfielder of 6ft 4". It's the only way we can compete come championship. Paddy Brady if fit is the nearest best thing. McKeever is doing well at the moment but he is too small to be a championship midfielder and in my opinion better suited to wing back. On a side note, good luck to Ballinagh on Sunday.
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

Newslone (BBC) had some clips of the Down match on yesterday. Looked like an exciting game in front of a decent crowd. The first Cavan goal from Barry Waters was classy. He looked like the gooch shimying and dummying past two defenders before burying a left foot shot into the bottom corners. He looks like he has some real natural football talent. The 2nd goal was from McCutcheon and not Eddie Reilly. It was a big scramble in the box and he got a boot to it. Downs winner was a real peach. I think Ruairi Donohoe was applying a lot of pressure to the down player pushing him wide but then he just kicked a brilliant point over his shoulder - game over.

I think the McKenna cup has been a worthwhile campaign for us. Tried a few players and also had 6/7 getting runs with their colleges. Weh have had a chance to look at full backs and midfielders and a couple of new forwards. Question is, are any of the new faces better than what is already there? The competition the bring will certainly be a positive effect on the panel. A few players were missing in action so far and I am not sure why...

Sean Brady - unknown
McCabe (injured till mid league I believe)
Cullivan (Injured)
Larry - unknown
Rabbitte - Unknown
Michael Hannon - Unknown

Disapointed to hear Walsh is gone too. He can do a job for the team in the right conditions.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 24, 2008, 11:45:58 AM

Sean Brady - unknown
McCabe (injured till mid league I believe)
Cullivan (Injured)
Larry - unknown
Rabbitte - Unknown
Michael Hannon - Unknown

Sean brady is recovering from injury and is training as is rabbitte, not sure about Mickey Hannon.  Rumour has it larry is back training

Disapointed to hear Walsh is gone too. He can do a job for the team in the right conditions.

Heard that he has lost his appetite for the game.  Whatever we say about his ability he always gave his all for cavan.

cavan4ever

Quote from: descartes on October 26, 2007, 05:17:06 PM

Does anybody know who this fella is spouting on about, pulled this from the hoganstand

tarnsfers
Transfers
There are a number of Cvan players transferring to clubs in Dublin- what is your view of this
Seamus , Bawn Ireland , 26/10/2007 at 16:14

Any idea's?

This was you last post and it reminds me that Lyng is going to play with a dublin club.  Plunketts i heard?

BallyhaiseMan

If they lose Michael Lyng, They will just "persuade" some other player to join them   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Mr. Pain

Any truth in Barry Watters looking for a transfer to the Gaels? I've heard it from a few different sources.
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: descartes on January 24, 2008, 03:28:46 PM
QuoteQuote from: descartes on October 26, 2007, 05:17:06 PM

Does anybody know who this fella is spouting on about, pulled this from the hoganstand

tarnsfers
Transfers
There are a number of Cvan players transferring to clubs in Dublin- what is your view of this
Seamus , Bawn Ireland , 26/10/2007 at 16:14

Any idea's?

This was you last post and it reminds me that Lyng is going to play with a dublin club.  Plunketts i heard?

heard that too, but no word of it happening yet,

also heard sean brady for kilmacud,
Ciaran galligan for na fianna,
M hannon for brigids
then i heard hannon to plunketts
then i heard lyng for vincents
then i heard lyng for brigids
then i heard eddie reilly for brigids
then i heard david rooney for brigids
then i heard Brian Kavanagh from longford for brigids
then i heard Sean Maguire for kilmacud

and then i knew it was all bullsh*t

one of the above might move but the mass exodus seamus from bawn boy was wondering about is probably not on the arising!

I heard That Mad Eddie Reilly was looking for a transfer to Gowna and then I knew it was all bullshit :D

BallyhaiseMan

County Leagues scheduled for a start on March 9th.

Hear Templeport werent relegated to Division 4,

Its an absolute disgrace it its true.

No wonder Dublin arent winning all-ireland,Their clubs are just importing or trying to import all the best talent from around the country.

Michael Brides has already transferred from Redhills to a Dub club hasnt he?Big miss for our neighbours.  ;D  ;D

cavan4ever

Quote from: Mr. Pain on January 24, 2008, 04:28:58 PM
Any truth in Barry Watters looking for a transfer to the Gaels? I've heard it from a few different sources.

:D :D :D :D

Michael Brides has already transferred from Redhills to a Dub club hasnt he?Big miss for our neighbours.     

He was with them last year BMman.

Homer

Michael Brides plays for Oliver St. Plunketts now. Apparently he had an excellent year at corner back for them last year.

shotstopper1

Best of luck to the 'nagh on Sunday,only one game from Croker,it would be some achievement if they could make it.

Homer

Quote from: Thastheball on January 25, 2008, 12:31:13 PM
Quote from: shotstopper1 on January 25, 2008, 10:53:56 AM
Best of luck to the 'nagh on Sunday,only one game from Croker,it would be some achievement if they could make it.

A snior club playing intermediate FFS.

Yeah how dare they! Why didn't they just go up to senior instead of greedily waiting in the intermediate ranks for years until they felt they were ready to pounce on the poor unsuspecting intermediate clubs of Ulster.

You're some craic.  :D

cavan4ever

The Munterconnaught challenge:
'The Munchies' - as Munterconnaught are popularly known - play in the Junior football championship in Cavan and play their league football in Division Three. Their challenge this year is promotion to Division Two and to win the Junior championship.

From 1995 – 2001, Munterconnaught did not won a single championship game. They had finished bottom of the league eight seasons in a row. In 2006, thanks to an exciting blend of youth and some grizzled veterans, they started to turn a corner, getting to the junior championship final in that year. Last year, however, they fell at the Quarter Final stage. That was when John McCabe took it upon himself to enter the club for the Powerade Challenge. Their belief is that they need one good shove to make the breakthrough.

The 'Munchie' spirit is strong with players travelling home from Dublin, Dundalk and as far away as Edinburgh and Aberdeen at the peak of the season to train and play matches.

That kind of commitment deserves its reward. With Powerade's help, will 2008 be year of 'The Munchies'?

What will they do for them?