Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatSoSaff

Westside you are still only spouting your own waffle and opinion on 'suitability'. Zero facts. There is no rule or statement of fact re minimum capacity which antrim are falling short of here. Antrim can accommodate over 3500 and that's ok by the book. It's pretty simple really. Cavan don't get to dictate where and what size of ground their support deem acceptable to attend. Has this snobbery always been there with you folk? Or is it just since you won a nothing Ulster championship when nobody really cared as covid was riddling the planet?

Itchy

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 12, 2022, 09:21:48 AM
Westside you are still only spouting your own waffle and opinion on 'suitability'. Zero facts. There is no rule or statement of fact re minimum capacity which antrim are falling short of here. Antrim can accommodate over 3500 and that's ok by the book. It's pretty simple really. Cavan don't get to dictate where and what size of ground their support deem acceptable to attend. Has this snobbery always been there with you folk? Or is it just since you won a nothing Ulster championship when nobody really cared as covid was riddling the planet?

Is that Antrims excuse for not performing in any ulster championship despite having a population almost 10x cavans. Give your mammy back her phone like a good wee man.

Is

Westside

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 12, 2022, 09:21:48 AM

It's not just my opinion. It's the opinion of my county board and the county boards of Fermanagh Monaghan Down and Donegal.

If you're keen on facts and not opinions then here's one for you: The county boards can vote to move a game if they agree a venue isn't suitable and they have done so.

Ulster Championship is a serious business, Antrim have done the equivalent of arriving to a game with a size 4 O'Neills, blamed the bigger boys for taking their size 5 and then thrown the toys out of the pram when they weren't allowed to play with it.

NatSoSaff

"The bigger boys" ??!! How did yous get on in division 4 today lads?  ;D ;D :-X

Westside

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 13, 2022, 09:40:21 PM
"The bigger boys" ??!! How did yous get on in division 4 today lads?  ;D ;D :-X

Did the Ulster Council lose a division 4 game or did you not understand my metaphor?

Itchy

That was as poor a half of football from Cavan I have seen in a long time. Absolutely clueless stuff. I dont know where to start except to say there seems to be  no clue what we are doing when we have the ball and are faced with a mass defence. I can only imagine what Tyrone would do to us. The worrying thing is our performances are getting worse, not better - we were playing for 15/20 mins in our previous games and that is down to 5 minutes now. I really wonder what is going on in that camp.

Westside

I saw McKenna from Laragh tweak his hamstring in the warm up. Felt bad for the lad you could see how devastated he was from up in the stands. He must have been in line for an appearance. Hopefully his time will come.

Itchy

Championship game back in Corrigan Park. Might stop Antrim ones whinging but a lot of people are going to miss out on that game.

NatSoSaff

Make your mind up fella, thought you wanted it in corrigan?

I'm glad sense and decency has prevailed. Looking forward to a good contest, hope you're right and you do bring your full allocation to the game. a packed corrigan will be a great atmosphere despite the small capacity trust me.

Westside

Will we manage to keep Waterford to a 5 point win or less to sneak promotion?...

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on March 21, 2022, 08:23:11 AM
Will we manage to keep Waterford to a 5 point win or less to sneak promotion?...

The way we are playing you wouldnt know. Waterford were barely pipped at the post yesterday by Sligo who at that stage were playing with 15 men to Waterfords 11! Was anyone at the game for their sins?

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on March 21, 2022, 09:43:50 AM
Quote from: Westside on March 21, 2022, 08:23:11 AM

The way we are playing you wouldnt know. Waterford were barely pipped at the post yesterday by Sligo who at that stage were playing with 15 men to Waterfords 11! Was anyone at the game for their sins?

The game in London? Yeah I was at it. Huge Cavan support there, and a lovely day for a game too. Some setup London have, it's a lovely ground, clubhouse, and stand. Mad the way the game went. We were far better than them for most of the game, up 8 points at one point, and up again by 6 or 7 in the 2nd half. We played some great football, but just switched off near the end and nearly got caught. Had the buffer when they got the goal, but jeez not sure what they were at up to that. Should have been long out of sight.

Westside

It was bizzare. The game fully felt over, people had started to leave and London scored 1-2.
Cavan badly need to allow the players to express themselves a bit more and not be content to just manage the games.

I sincerely hope the league final (surely we'll get there) will be treated like a championship game

Dreadnought

Cavan Waterford game now at 6pm Saturday. Odd they've different times for all 4 games in the Division. Hard on Waterford supporters travelling the length of the country after the game

skeog