Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 27, 2007, 10:18:09 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 27, 2007, 08:25:07 PM
lads anyone hear about Maghera Templeport game Division 3 this weekend?
whoever loses is relegated to Div 4 alongside the B teams,

anyone in the know, know if Maghera have threatened to disband if they lose and are forced into being relegated in with all the Reserve teams in Div 4? or is it all bullshit

rumours on Hoganstand probably,

Maghera 3-06 Templeport 1-05. Templeport get relegated to Div 4. As for disbanding clubs, well that is fine as far as I am concerned. Everyone knew what was at stake this year and at the end of the season you pretty much get what you deserve. Templeport should be nowhere near where they ended up and only have themselves to blame - maybe it is the kick in the hole  that they need.

Are you telling me that my words of wisdom are being quoted now in the wider media? I'd be interested to read that report if it were available.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: CC1 on November 01, 2007, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: Hollow Man on November 01, 2007, 12:34:11 PM
See one of our posters got a mention in the Cavan Voice this week!
Yours truly was in the Post last week... Manly chap!  8)

getting named in the team lists at the end of the column doesnt count CC  ;D  ;D

LackenLegend

Timmmmy!

Homer

Welcome neighbour and all the best tomorrow against Kingscourt too.

cavan4ever

Are templeport relegated or not a fella i know that plays for them says the county board have told them they will be in division 3 next season.

BallyhaiseMan

surely that will just mean all teams who are relegated have a reason to complain then?  ::)

you cant just do away with a rule when a team you dont want relegated is.

Our own Junior team could be relegated to Division 5 tommorow, its brought more competition to all Divisions.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: LackenLegend on November 02, 2007, 10:40:12 AM
Hello Turds!

also welcome to the Board LackenMan.  :)

Best of luck tommorow as well.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: LackenLegend on November 02, 2007, 10:40:12 AM
Hello Turds!

Yes, Welcome Lacken man. Such a well constructed opening post too ;D

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on November 02, 2007, 12:02:27 PM
Are templeport relegated or not a fella i know that plays for them says the county board have told them they will be in division 3 next season.

Apparently this is true cavan4ever.

Seemingly this years Division 3 was ran with 13 teams and Division 4 with 15, so the county board are planning to just take one team up from Div 4 and even it out.

Davitt Man

Lacken v Kingscourt

Any predictions lads??

Hollow Man

cavan4ever

Well done to ballinagh yesterday.  Did Killeshandra win?

mylestheslasher

Killeshandra won 1-11 to 1-5. They played well in the first half but they nearly blew it in the 2nd. The first half they ran through the Antrim team but for some reason they were instructed to start blasting high 50/50 balls at their youg FF in the 2nd half. The Antrim team were big but hadn't much football and that tactic suited them fine. Still they hadn't enough quality to damage the leaguers in the end. Best for Killeshandra were Cillian Reilly at corner back, Colm Duffy at Full Back and Adrian Burns at wing forward. Austin Fitzpatrick had a decent game going forward but was clearly injured for all of the game. He wasn't taken off until about 5 mins were left. Declan Mckieran scored some great long range frees.

Only seen 20 minutes of the Ballinagh game. They were losing early on so the Monaghan team must have been ok (or maybe the 'nagh were poor). The bit I seen though the 'nagh looked a class above them. A lot of good interceptions, good running support for the man on the ball. Most of the scores I seen them get were simple tap overs. Gaynor (minus his hair) at FF won a lot of ball but doesn't have the pace/skill to turn a man. He seems a bit wasted up there but maybe he is also injured as he looked slugish near the end.

As for the Gaels. 0-08 to 0-02 down at half time. 0-13 to 0-08 at full time. Pretty pathetic considering the amount of current and former county men on the team. This is a sad reflection of football in Cavan when we can't even give a game to the Antrim champions.

LackenLegend

Hello dudes. Were any of yas at the match on Saturday? It fairly came down to the wire!
Timmmmy!

Handball Ace

I heard it was extremely close all right, should Lacken have won it?

Rumour has it Gavin Crowe was a big loss due to flatulence?