Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

This is the Ulster team for the Railway cup game at the weekend.

Ulster (SF v Connacht): J Reilly (Cavan); B Owens (Fermanagh), K McCloy (Derry), K Lacey (Donegal); A Kernan (Armagh), C Gormley (Tyrone), K Cassidy (Donegal); O Lennon (Monaghan), D Gordon (Down); D Clerkin (Monaghan), S Cavanagh (Tyrone), P Finlay (Monaghan); T Freeman (Monaghan), G Pierson (Cavan), E Muldoon (Derry).

Interesting that the two Cavan men on the team are supposedly not even on the Cavan panel!

BallyhaiseMan

C4ever mentioned this regional trials competition though myles,so with that id doubt there is a proper panel put in place at present.

if James Reily and Gerard Pierson arent on the panel come February il be shocked.

Maximus Marillius

What si Pierson donig on the Ulster team FFS, he w as crap all year for Cavan in the championship

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 18, 2007, 02:30:27 PM
What si Pierson donig on the Ulster team FFS, he w as crap all year for Cavan in the championship

Stephen McDonnell,Bradley,Coulter etc are unavailable thats why.

Maximus Marillius

Haise man sure you would be better than him and your crap :P

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on October 18, 2007, 03:25:11 PM
Haise man sure you would be better than him and your crap :P

5 all Irelands and what is it 39 Ulster Titles now,

we are the undisputed Kings of Ulster.  8)

dont worry max,

you might catch up with us in 100 years if we dont win anything else  :-*  :-*

Maximus Marillius

Quoteyou might catch up with us in 100 years if we dont win anything else   

thats one thing we can safely count on

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on October 18, 2007, 02:10:21 PM
C4ever mentioned this regional trials competition though myles,so with that id doubt there is a proper panel put in place at present.

if James Reily and Gerard Pierson arent on the panel come February il be shocked.

Great chance for Pierson to show what he can do.

Hollow Man

QuoteWhat si Pierson donig on the Ulster team FFS, he w as crap all year for Cavan in the championship

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

Is this the Queen's English you're speaking?

As bearla le do thoil...

An labhrann tú Gaeilge í Bhreataine?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hollow Man on October 20, 2007, 02:25:00 AM
QuoteWhat si Pierson donig on the Ulster team FFS, he w as crap all year for Cavan in the championship

As bearla le do thoil...

Ah Hollowman. He may be an Illitirate fool but accusing him of being british is below the belt methinks.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Hollow Man on October 20, 2007, 02:25:00 AM

As bearla le do thoil...

You don't understand, that means yer stupid.

cavanmaniac

Anybody go to the Gaels v St. Eunan's match at the weekend? It sounds like it was a proper low-scoring bore-fest and the Gaels will likely meet their Waterloo against St. Galls in a fortnight's time...

cavan4ever

It was a poor game. Gaels were crap and a draw prob would have been a fair result.  St Galls should have no problem.

Homer

Bore-fest sums it up alright. How Cavan Gaels could play as bad as they did in the first half and still come away with a win, I'm still scratching my head.

Walsh was unusually impressive in midfield, seems to have adopted a new tactic of trying to catch the ball.

I'd imagine the presence of Brendan Devenny would have heavily altered the result and the Gaels will have to seriously improve if they're to stay within touching distance of St. Galls.

The Ballinagh juniors captured the Division 2A championship in some style at the weekend defeating a Laragh side by a cricket score and continuing a great year for the club.

The seniors will face Tyholland in the Ulster Intermediate Club Championship after the Farney boys thrashed Mourne side Downpatrick over the weekend.

mylestheslasher

From hoganstand...

What happened to "those guys will never play for Cavan again as long as I am manager". Clearly this says that the only reason Brady is not being considered is that he is giving his time to handball. Surely this statement opens the door for johnstone and cahill to come back in too. I believe this is a sign of management weakness and points to another poor year ahead. Also, Brady didn't leave until we were out of the Ulster championship if I remember correctly so that is shite too.

Cavan lose Brady

Paul Brady
24 October 2007

Cavan selector Thomas Jackson has admitted that handball star Paul Brady is unlikely to feature for the county side in 2008.

The World Handball champion pocketed $25,000 last weekend after retaining his US Open title at Fountain Valley and it's expected that he will concentrate solely on handball in the coming year. Earlier this year, the Mullahoran clubman admitted that it was becoming increasingly difficult to combine both sports and left the football panel before the Ulster championship started.

And it now seems that the Cavan management have lost hope of him returning for the new season.

"I'd say it's very unlikely Paul will be involved with us next year," Jackson said.

"Paul is involved almost full-time in handball and so there is a conflict of interests for him. In those circumstances, it would be very difficult to accommodate him in the county panel."

Jackson did, however, express the hope that veteran midfielder Dermot McCabe will commit himself for another year.